SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 59 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Question for you older folks: how did you survive following recruiting in the pre-Internet area, without tweets from kids and insiders on message boards?
The Big East had its own magazine. It was amazing. With great recruiting player capsules by the leading recruiting expert of the time. Can't remember his name. I remember seeing Jason Kidd. Said he could go pro outta HS.

Or maybe someone else put out the mag and we got the Big East version?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would prefer if he didn't have headphones on during the game. Maybe he's just doing it so no one talks to him.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He's obviously listening to Joe D's radio brodcast. It's not enough to be there watching, he needs the elegance of Joe D describing what he's seeing.

Reaction Score
He's obviously listening to Joe D's radio brodcast. It's not enough to be there watching, he needs the elegance of Joe D describing what he's seeing.

Good thing he has a scoreboard to see then so he'll know the score.:eek:

Reaction Score
UConnLen when did you attend UConn? I was there 1973-77.

In my Freshman year 64-65, the first UConn game I saw was UConn with Wes, Toby, Spider, Penders, PJ Curran, Hollowaty etc vs a team from AIC featuring a guy named Calhoun who was terrific against a UConn team that went to the final 8 losing to St Joes that year. I became a fan that year. Freshman couldn't play varsity back then-a guy named Bill Corley was also a Fr that year and would go on to have a great career at UConn I might add.

Reaction Score
Hamidou is a raw, freakish talent. Really want to see him in a UConn jersey one day.

Reaction Score
I was at that game as well and remember someone asking who that guy from AIC was. On that particular night, he was the best non-husky on the floor. And don't forget Ron Ritter on that list of huskys. Great times in the old field house.

Reaction Score
I found out Ray Allen was a recruit and that he committed in the Daily Campus. Never followed recruiting before that. Then started picking up all those preseason magazines that had write-ups on all the top 100 recruits.

Arnold Dean show on TIC, the Courant and the Journal Inquirer.

Reaction Score
We have covered Hamidou Diallo here at HoopSeen over the past few months more than anyone else. However, what the 6-foot-5 wing did this past month and on the biggest stage that is the Hoop Hall Classic, the New Yorker showed just why he is an elite recruit within the 2017 class.

Always one of the more energetic, passionate guys around, Diallo struggled mightily in the first half of his contest against Commonwealth Academy. However, the Putnam Science junior went bonkers in the final session in Massachusetts hitting on nine of his ten field goal attempts and throwing up 28 points in the second half alone. Add in his 10 rebounds that he corralled out off of the perimeter and in front of Kentucky head coach John Calipari, Diallo showed just how immense his upside and potential is. Think about it…Diallo didn’t hold a scholarship offer heading into his sophomore year of high school play last year. Now 16 months later, Diallo is a top-15 recruit and a possible one-and-done recruit, which is if he keeps producing like which he did this past month.

http://www.hoopseen.com/index.php/news/headlines/item/4166-four-things-learned-in-january

Reaction Score
We have covered Hamidou Diallo here at HoopSeen over the past few months more than anyone else. However, what the 6-foot-5 wing did this past month and on the biggest stage that is the Hoop Hall Classic, the New Yorker showed just why he is an elite recruit within the 2017 class.

Always one of the more energetic, passionate guys around, Diallo struggled mightily in the first half of his contest against Commonwealth Academy. However, the Putnam Science junior went bonkers in the final session in Massachusetts hitting on nine of his ten field goal attempts and throwing up 28 points in the second half alone. Add in his 10 rebounds that he corralled out off of the perimeter and in front of Kentucky head coach John Calipari, Diallo showed just how immense his upside and potential is. Think about it…Diallo didn’t hold a scholarship offer heading into his sophomore year of high school play last year. Now 16 months later, Diallo is a top-15 recruit and a possible one-and-done recruit, which is if he keeps producing like which he did this past month.

http://www.hoopseen.com/index.php/news/headlines/item/4166-four-things-learned-in-january
Squid in attendance. Yuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom