SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 54 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One guy looks tired, old and too dressed up the other looks energetic, young and ready to suit up. Who do you play for? :oops:
Sadly, the answer all too often is the guy who sent a "buffer" with cash and perks on a separate trip. That would be the slimy, over-dressed, used car salesman looking old guy.

Reaction Score
Potentially of note (but hopefully not), UA officially sponsors Putnam Science Academy as of this year. If you recall, PSA shut down last year and transferred their postgrad basketball program to Woodstock Academy. About 2 months later Chinese investors bought PSA and gave Coach Espinosa a hefty raise to bring him back from Woodstock along with the program. Not long after, PSA secured a sponsorship deal with UA. Maryland offer to Diallo comes in over the summer.

All this to say that while Maryland is a dark horse here, it's something to keep an eye on. We've certainly seen a worst-case scenario play out with UA/UM and a prized recruit once already.

Reaction Score
really bummed i missed the opportunity to see calipari prowling around albertus. priceless image.

Reaction Score
Sadly, the answer all too often is the guy who sent a "buffer" with cash and perks on a separate trip. That would be the slimy, over-dressed, used car salesman looking old guy.

Why does the "buffer" guy have to be an old guy - the rest of the description I agree with but I did not have to wait to be old (which I am) to fit the rest of the bill:cool:

Reaction Score
really bummed i missed the opportunity to see calipari prowling around albertus. priceless image.
Come to some PSA home games. You'll definitely see some combination of Ollie/Cal/K depending on who has games that night

Reaction Score
This would be quite a get for us. If he gets offers from Kansas, Kentucky, etc. and he still picks UConn....

Reaction Score
Freakin Maryland and UA again. Too early to worry but they may be a problem since I believe we heard his prep team is UA sponsored?

Reaction Score
Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 19m19 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
.@Diallo1Hamidou is considering unofficial visits to Maryland, NC State, Kansas, Indiana and Syracuse, he tells @SNYtv
So how does that jive with below? Freaking Zagoria!

Diallo said several schools have been in touch about unofficial visits.

"Schools such as Maryland, N.C. State, Kansas, Indiana and Syracuse are the schools who reached out recently to get me up to a game," he said, adding that no dates are set.

https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiti...ms-nate-pierre-louis-hamidou-diallo/159617210

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 19m19 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
.@Diallo1Hamidou is considering unofficial visits to Maryland, NC State, Kansas, Indiana and Syracuse, he tells @SNYtv

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 20m20 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
2017 G @Diallo1Hamidou tells @SNYtv he spoke to @UKCoachCalipari about a week ago. Still no offer though.
God, I hate the media's "Kentucky Watch 2016" BS where they have like separate recruiting columns for where UK is showing interest and when/if they will send the glorious offer.

Reaction Score
According to inside information, this kid was as close to a lock as you could get. Now he sounds like he is anything but. Perhaps we should "affiliate" with UA?

Reaction Score
According to inside information, this kid was as close to a lock as you could get. Now he sounds like he is anything but. Perhaps we should "affiliate" with UA?

So you're saying you have inside info that makes you worry about MD?

Reaction Score
Because other schools are reaching out to him?

Lol.

Reaction Score
There are so many possibilities with this situation. Right now he does not know who is leaving UCONN and could be thinking about playing time. Does not mean that he doesn't come to UCONN, it may be a matter of 2016 or 2017. He can reclassify as we al know. So many possibilities.

Reaction Score

No idea what you heard, but I never felt Diallo was anything close to a lock.

And Maryland isn't just "affiliated" with UA -- the founder/owner of UA went to Maryland, like the founder/owner of Nike went to Oregon (and look what he did for them).

So what I'm saying is that you need to start a clothing company and kick serious butt and then, finally, UConn will make it.

Reaction Score
No idea what you heard, but I never felt Diallo was anything close to a lock.

And Maryland isn't just "affiliated" with UA -- the founder/owner of UA went to Maryland, like the founder/owner of Nike went to Oregon (and look what he did for them).

So what I'm saying is that you need to start a clothing company and kick serious butt and then, finally, UConn will make it.

Based on the people who know UConn bball insiders, he is considered a lock.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I don't believe there to be such a thing as an uncommitted "lock". If the guy is truly a lock he commits early (ala Jalek Felton to UNC like 2 years before graduating). If he's still uncommitted and being persued by suitors that will be promising him the world and the fanciest new sneakers, etc then he is definitely not a lock for anything. There is so much time still for this kid to make up his mind I think this thing is still wide open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom