SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 64 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seems like a lot of people look at next season as the year to expect major results. I disagree, we have lots of talent coming in, but they are freshmen. Our best case scenario is that one or two of them give us something and Jalen, Hamilton and Brimah all come back and elevate their games. Most likely, the new guys won't bring too much to the table next year. Losing Miller, Gibbs, Calhoun and Purvis (likely) will create some big voids. Regardless of the knocks on Purvis and Gibbs, they produce much more than the freshmen will. Purvis is productive, Gibbs scores and Calhoun has given us defense, energy and several key baskets. I expect a bit of a long improvement curve in a lot of ways. Just as Jalen is a junior and presumed star of the team and the big freshman class become sophomores, we'll lose Amida and Hamilton. We need another strong class after this incoming one badly to get where we want to be. I tend to think the recruiting restrictions we had hurt quite a bit and we are two years from shaking off the effect.
True. But don't count out Larrier. He could make more of an immediate impact with our returning guys.

Reaction Score
Th

Thank you.

I don't think we're in until we beat SMU again and at least make it past the first two rounds in the American. The only tournament lock in this conference is the champion of the league, and we are in no way guaranteed to win our tournament. People forget the lack of respect this conference gets.

So in order for UConn to make the tourney they need to win out and win two games in the league tourney? So basically you feel UConn is not making it because we haven't won 6 in a row in like 2 years.

Reaction Score
Yes, he's old and he'll make good money overseas. He could come back next year if he wants to graduate and needs the year to accomplish that. Otherwise, he should go earn and save ASAP. He'll make a lot more money per year in Europe than he'll make with a degree here. The clock is ticking and he's got to know he isn't an NBA player at this point.

I understood from previous posts that RP will graduate this year?

Reaction Score
You all missed one important word in his post....IF. People are so damn literal on this board. All he's saying, for those of you too dumb or lazy to actually use your interpretation skills instead of just reading words, is that IF we miss this year and IF we miss next year as well, there need to be changes. And I think he's absolutely right. There is enough talent on this team, this year, to make the tourney and win a few games, and we know there will be next year as well. It was a hypothetical statement, certainly not the first on this board, and not one that is that outrageous if you actually took the time to understand his point.

Just because it's hypothetical doesn't mean it can't also be stupid.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Just because it's hypothetical doesn't mean it can't also be stupid.
You think we shouldn't make staff changes if we go three straight years without a tournament birth? I'm not saying we fire Ollie, but we'd have to change something.

Reaction Score
You think we shouldn't make staff changes if we go three straight years without a tournament birth? I'm not saying we fire Ollie, but we'd have to change something.

What should we do if we miss 10 in a row? 100? These are technically possible, so please give a serious response.

Reaction Score
What should we do if we miss 10 in a row? 100? These are technically possible, so please give a serious response.
we are far from a lock for the tourney this year. sure, we could win every game....but we could also lose a couple too. and everyone knows the (lack of) respect the AAC has gotten in recent years. Obviously none of us are hoping for this. But if we were SOMEHOW to miss this year and next year, some changes would definitely need to be made. UConn not in the tourney for 3 straight years hasn't happened since the Perno days.....you want to go back there?

Reaction Score
we are far from a lock for the tourney this year. sure, we could win every game....but we could also lose a couple too. and everyone knows the (lack of) respect the AAC has gotten in recent years. Obviously none of us are hoping for this. But if we were SOMEHOW to miss this year and next year, some changes would definitely need to be made. UConn not in the tourney for 3 straight years hasn't happened since the Perno days.....you want to go back there?

Don't forget that we're going to lose all the recruits including Diallo, just to get it back on topic.

Reaction Score
This thread man
fwvDxqd.gif

Reaction Score
You all missed one important word in his post....IF. People are so damn literal on this board. All he's saying, for those of you too dumb or lazy to actually use your interpretation skills instead of just reading words, is that IF we miss this year and IF we miss next year as well, there need to be changes. And I think he's absolutely right. There is enough talent on this team, this year, to make the tourney and win a few games, and we know there will be next year as well. It was a hypothetical statement, certainly not the first on this board, and not one that is that outrageous if you actually took the time to understand his point.

Yeah, and if the University is swallowed by an earthquake, none of this will matter, but I have the reasoning skills to know that he's suggesting it as a realistic possibility. It's not.

Reaction Score
Thank you for being a rare example of rational behavior. They are being intentionally obtuse. Posting on this board is like going to a frat party. If you say something to upset a "brother", the entire group goes stupid in his defense.

Reaction Score
Don't forget that we're going to lose all the recruits including Diallo, just to get it back on topic.
Where was that ever said in any of these posts? Jesus, people need to lighten up trying to play police on this board.

Reaction Score
Yeah, and if the University is swallowed by an earthquake, none of this will matter, but I have the reasoning skills to know that he's suggesting it as a realistic possibility. It's not.
What? You are now reading this guy's mind? What the hell are you doing on this board if you have those skills? You could probably spend your time much more wisely and economically.

Reaction Score
Where was that ever said in any of these posts? Jesus, people need to lighten up trying to play police on this board.

Missing out on Diallo was part of the initial hypothetical in addition to the 3 consecutive tourney misses. Obviously we won't be getting more recruits after that.

All of this doom and gloom doesn't belong in this topic, unless you just want to get doomy and gloomy about Diallo.

Reaction Score
Missing out on Diallo was part of the initial hypothetical in addition to the 3 consecutive tourney misses. Obviously we won't be getting more recruits after that.

All of this doom and gloom doesn't belong in this topic, unless you just want to get doomy and gloomy about Diallo.
Those are YOUR words, not his. All he said was IF we miss the tourney 3 years in a row, there should be some changes. And then you and the other Nazi's on the board derailed the thread. I think it would be safe for most UConn fans to agree that missing the tourney for 3 years in a row, IF it were to happen, would not be acceptable. THAT was the premise of his thread....anything else was what you and all the other wrong-headed people decided to read into it.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Diallo,Diallo, Diallo

Take your criticize the coaching post to an appropriate thread. It is easy to slip off topic. But now you have been reminded twice.

More would be rude, self-centered and childish.I know you are better than that.

Reaction Score
Thank you for being a rare example of rational behavior. They are being intentionally obtuse. Posting on this board is like going to a frat party. If you say something to upset a "brother", the entire group goes stupid in his defense.
Lol, you know you have an idiotic argument when Paesano agrees with you.

Reaction Score
Those are YOUR words, not his. All he said was IF we miss the tourney 3 years in a row, there should be some changes. And then you and the other Nazi's on the board derailed the thread. I think it would be safe for most UConn fans to agree that missing the tourney for 3 years in a row, IF it were to happen, would not be acceptable. THAT was the premise of his thread....anything else was what you and all the other wrong-headed people decided to read into it.

My words? He said

But, if we lose this kid and we are a bubble team again next year, major changes will need to be made.

That was the start of it. There's no reason to suggest either of those things are happening.

It's called trolling.

Paesano is incessantly pessimistic and he does it to get reactions.

Also, mocking someone is not the same as being a nazi.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If he's allowed to propose a hypothetical situation, why should every response that follows entertain it as an actual possibility? Why should there be any rational discussion when the OP is so ridiculous in the first place? I don't understand the thought process behind that reasoning.

Reaction Score
"All schools have been recruiting me hard right now," Diallo said. "I don't have any early favorites. Just enjoying the process right now."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom