SG Bruce Brown (Miami Commit) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SG Bruce Brown (Miami Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
KO is watching him tomorrow
@jeffborzello: UConn's Kevin Ollie is scheduled to watch Vermont Academy's Bruce Brown tomorrow at Hoophall, per source.

Pondering reclassifying to 2015.
---------------
Just so people know who is reporting this.

Reaction Score
I heard Ollie might stay another day in California to recruit and send the staff to Springfield via southwest overnight. Sounds like Ollie coming home to check out the talent

C

Chief00

The description kind of reminds me of Gordon coming out of HS. It would be nice to fill one of those empty spots with a local player who fills a need.

Not the shooter Ben was - but hopefully he can improve.

Reaction Score
@BFlinnHoops: 2016 GBruce Brown is the definition of a bulldog on the floor. Relentless defender who can get to the rim #HoopHallClassic

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I heard Ollie might stay another day in California to recruit and send the staff to Springfield via southwest overnight. Sounds like Ollie coming home to check out the talent

He definitely came home last night.

Reaction Score
“@coreyevans_10: Bruce Brown might one of the best in the land at using his strong frame to score up and thru the body at the rim #HHClassic”

Reaction Score
From Meyer's latest recruiting blurb on him

After scoring 23 points for Vermont Academy in a 83-76 loss to the MacDuffie School, Bruce Brown said reclassifying up to 2015 is a real possibility.

"It's my mom's idea," said Brown, a 6-4, 205-pound shooting guard. "She thinks I'm ready for it."

Whether he is 2015 or 2016, Brown said Connecticut, Indiana, Boston College, UCLA and Michigan had all offered and interest is coming from Louisville.

Two schools have a recruiting edge with Brown. Connecticut has signed his cousinJalen Adams as a 2015 prospect, and Boston College is in Browns hometown.

A good athlete, Brown had a mixed bag shooting wise. He went 9-12 from the field but only 5-12 from the free throw line.

Indiana currently leads Connecticut in his Crystal Ball.

Reaction Score
@jeffborzello: ESPN60 junior Bruce Brown confirmed he is considering reclassifying to 2015. He said his mother supports the idea; thinks he's mature enough

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score
I know nothing about this kid but we have plenty of 6'4" guards who cannot dribble and have a streaky shot (from the ESPN blurb)... does this fill a need? Does his talent level exceed that of Purvis, TSam, Cassell, etc?

Reaction Score
Cousins with Jalen Adams really surprises me since I didn't even see them talk with each other when they played each other. At Hoophall today, some people that travel with the Brewster Academy team said that UConn was a done deal with Brown but the reclassification was an unknown to get him to Storrs next year. They brought the reclassification up. He is a high flying 6'4 but zero points came on actual shots. All his points are slashing drives a la T.Samuel. That's how he had 12 foul shots and missed 7, (2-3 misses were front ends of 1/1) In those slashing drives he lost the ball on occasion - just like Hamilton, Calhoun, Purvis, Samuel... He is an excellent player, but not a shooter, and not a point guard. He is a more athletic Samuel that misses more foul shots.

Karl Hobbs was at Hoophall during the 11am Brewster Game, Kevin Ollie showed up mid day and was there when I left at halftime of the last game. Danny Manning was there, Shaka Smart, and Calipari, (his son got a technical). Pervis Ellison coaches one of the teams today from Jersey, where his son is a 6'6 quality player. None of the high school aged kids around me had ever heard of Pervis or a Manning that wasn't a quarterback.

Vermont, (Brown's team), played Enoch and St Thomas More. I'll start a new thread related to Hoophall observations, but it was the first time I saw Enoch and I was pleasantly surprised. The poor stats he has had at times and his own statements that suggested he had a long way to go, had gotten my expectations low. He got 18 pts and seven rebounds, and some of each were spectacular throw downs. He moves real well. I haven't thought of a perfect comparable player, but Brook Sales comes to mind. He had good years with Nova.

Reaction Score
Cousins with Jalen Adams really surprises me since I didn't even see them talk with each other when they played each other. At Hoophall today, some people that travel with the Brewster Academy team said that UConn was a done deal with Brown but the reclassification was an unknown to get him to Storrs next year. They brought the reclassification up. He is a high flying 6'4 but zero points came on actual shots. All his points are slashing drives a la T.Samuel. That's how he had 12 foul shots and missed 7, (2-3 misses were front ends of 1/1) In those slashing drives he lost the ball on occasion - just like Hamilton, Calhoun, Purvis, Samuel... He is an excellent player, but not a shooter, and not a point guard. He is a more athletic Samuel that misses more foul shots.

Karl Hobbs was at Hoophall during the 11am Brewster Game, Kevin Ollie showed up mid day and was there when I left at halftime of the last game. Danny Manning was there, Shaka Smart, and Calipari, (his son got a technical). Pervis Ellison coaches one of the teams today from Jersey, where his son is a 6'6 quality player. None of the high school aged kids around me had ever heard of Pervis or a Manning that wasn't a quarterback.

Vermont, (Brown's team), played Enoch and St Thomas More. I'll start a new thread related to Hoophall observations, but it was the first time I saw Enoch and I was pleasantly surprised. The poor stats he has had at times and his own statements that suggested he had a long way to go, had gotten my expectations low. He got 18 pts and seven rebounds, and some of each were spectacular throw downs. He moves real well. I haven't thought of a perfect comparable player, but Brook Sales comes to mind. He had good years with Nova.
I've only seen Brown in highlights but it's pretty clear he is a far better athlete than Samuel, he's also ranked #48 overall so he is also considered a much better prospect than Samuel was coming out of high school.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I'll take a refined TSam any day of the week and twice Sunday. He's been playing fundamentally sound, he's tough as hell, and he's a good defender.

Reaction Score
I'm obviously not saying he's anywhere near as good as him but he reminds me some of Russell Westbrook.

The build, the look is very similar huh? Obviously needs to refine his jumper according to reports but looks like he can make some shots. I like the kid and hear he defends too, that's always a plus coming in to this program.

Reaction Score
Capture.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member