SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Really into the idea of jackson, would finish off a legit top 5 class in the country. however there is so much buzz for the west coast including intel from recent posters in this very thread, that pac12 seems inevitable for him.

Reaction Score
I don't think Memphis is a realistic threat here, but they just got one of their other wing targets - Ar'mond Davis.

He's a top 10-ish JUCO player - 6'6", 190 from College of Southern Idaho.
Lasted a few days...

Reaction Score
Lasted a few days...

I wonder if this had anything to do with the decision at Memphis not to honor Calipari after all and the flap that caused among Memphis alumni. More likely just a coincidence I guess. I don't suppose a 20 year old kid would care all that much about something that happened when he was in Jr High. Maybe it has more to do with the Vance Jackson OV?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Just got back from a honeymoon on Kauai. The whole island is lush and tropical -- and the Na Pali coast is incredible.
That's where I had my honeymoon. Great Island - much better than Maui in my opinion. I haven't been to the big island yet. Did you do the boat trip to Na Pali? That was the best excursion I've ever done on a vacation. Swimming with dolphins in the ocean, snorkeling over the reefs, great lunch on the beach with some history. We also did a helicopter tour of the island which was fantastic. I want to go back sometime soon but I also want to spend time on the big island.

Reaction Score
Good sign - UConn gets the first crack at him.

UConn: 9/25 - 9/27
Cal: 10/2 - 10/4
Memphis: 10/16 - 10/18

The football game on the 26th should be a fun atmosphere for him after we upset Mizzou....

Reaction Score
Good sign - UConn gets the first crack at him.

UConn: 9/25 - 9/27
Cal: 10/2 - 10/4
Memphis: 10/16 - 10/18

Memphis? What purpose would he have to visit Memphis? Elvis maybe...

Reaction Score
Good news about Vance's visit is it's a week prior to Wenyen's visit. Back to Back big time targets on the perimeter. Both guys like playing outside. I think Vance is a better shooter. Wenyen seems more versatile & athletic. Both would be a great get. Having them back to back weekends would probably add a lil more pressure for a commitment... but both have other good options. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I keep seeing how Vance Jackson would close out this class but I don't get it. Between 2015 and 2016 we will have 2 point guards and a bunch of 3/4 guys. Not a single shooting guard. I totally love the two point guards on the floor at the same time but who is the third guard in a small lineup? If Cassell is the first (and only) guard off the bench in 2016 I don't feel too good about that at all. Would love to get Jackson but a diallo reclass and committ, or another top 100 guard is what we need. Besides diallo I haven't heard of another good 2 guard we were in the hunt for. Is there someone out there I am missing (anyone heard anything on Bruce brown or is he still not a target?)?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
(anyone heard anything on Bruce brown or is he still not a target?)?
Brown is not a target.

For 2016 SGs, my guesses are 1) Hope for a Diallo reclass & commit, 2) find a "diamond in the rough"-style pure shooter who blows up this autumn, 3) Powell decommit from SHU.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Brown is not a target.

For 2016 SGs, my guesses are 1) Hope for a Diallo reclass & commit, 2) find a "diamond in the rough"-style pure shooter who blows up this autumn, 3) Powell decommit from SHU.
That's what I was tracking /afraid of. Diallo is so hot that I would be hard pressed not to think he ends up with the squid in 16.

Reaction Score
I keep seeing how Vance Jackson would close out this class but I don't get it. Between 2015 and 2016 we will have 2 point guards and a bunch of 3/4 guys. Not a single shooting guard. I totally love the two point guards on the floor at the same time but who is the third guard in a small lineup? If Cassell is the first (and only) guard off the bench in 2016 I don't feel too good about that at all. Would love to get Jackson but a diallo reclass and committ, or another top 100 guard is what we need. Besides diallo I haven't heard of another good 2 guard we were in the hunt for. Is there someone out there I am missing (anyone heard anything on Bruce brown or is he still not a target?)?

I think they should bring in 7 guys this year. 5 spots definitely open, 3 guys with real chances to declare early, and 1 guy that might be graduating = 9 potential spots.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I'm not sure an hour drive from Storrs to Durham, CT for a state fair would entice a kid to commit to UConn. Not exactly "in town"...

A turkey leg, a "World's Greatest Sunday", a "Giant Donut" and baby goats. Seal that deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom