SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know everyone always says take whoever you can get/ whoever wants to commit first, but I really kinda hope Vance holds off a little while at least so we can see how Wenyen Gabriel's recruitment pans out. Vance would be in college longer most likely , but Wenyen seems to have a higher upside.

Higher upside might be true, but Vance might complement the team better with his outside shooting. Larrier and Vance will have that SF position locked down, and they are complementary players with Larrier's size and slashing, Vance's outside shooting.

Gabriel meanwhile is a tweener giving us what Larrier/Durham will provide.

Reaction Score
Higher upside might be true, but Vance might complement the team better with his outside shooting. Larrier and Vance will have that SF position locked down, and they are complementary players with Larrier's size and slashing, Vance's outside shooting.

Gabriel meanwhile is a tweener giving us what Larrier/Durham will provide.

You're definitely right. Idk I guess I'm just biased because I want the 5* from New England and Mass Rivals AAU lol

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
HuskyNationJE said:
Yea, I know...I started in Burbank when I first moved here, went west for a long time and came back this way. Downtown is cool. They've done a lot over the last couple of years. Guessing the commute isn't terrible from Tujunga? Been out in LA a while?

Came out for college in 1983 and never left.

Reaction Score
A tos said it is down to uconn and cal. Take with a grain

Don't really think we need to take this with a grain of anything...this has seemed to be the sentiment over the last few days here. Hopefully he has a great weekend in Storrs and we can overcome the one obvious disadvantage we have here...distance.

Reaction Score
A tos said it is down to uconn and cal. Take with a grain

We might be talking to the same guy ;)

If he leaves Storrs without a commitment, I will be surprised, But a commitment this weekend is key. Longer this goes, the more time Cal has.

Reaction Score
We might be talking to the same guy ;)

If he leaves Storrs without a commitment, I will be surprised, But a commitment this weekend is key. Longer this goes, the more time Cal has.

Probably the same ;). Think we have a real shot from a few sources

Reaction Score
This kid is retweeting some really encouraging things from UConn fans. I DO NOT have any inside information, but I just have a gut feeling that we will have a commitment within the next few days.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Damn, if Vance commits then its really a sign of changing times. Most P5 programs, even some we would consider "basketball schools" celebrate when their top commit is even ranked in the Top 100. Now UConn could potentially be bringing in 4* top 50 kids who will be 2nd or 3rd in the depth chart?

Seem's like Ollie is indeed the chosen one.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
@VanceJackson1: Official on the way

2miHQhS.jpg

Reaction Score
I wonder how close he and D ham are and if their relationship has had any impact on the recruitment.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I wonder how close he and D ham are and if their relationship has had any impact on the recruitment.
I'd say they have the same barber, thats pretty close right?

Reaction Score
I hope they are still close, believe they are from past quotes from jackson ( something along the lines of, "yeah i'm watching daniel up there and he's doing real well, I try to watch every game).
wont bother making a new thread but dham had some glowing things to say about storrs in an amore piece for thursday.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm sure they were friends in high school and DHam being here can only help us.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
First Ollie used Jalen's connections with Gabriel to go after him hard, now we are one of his leaders in his recruitment. Then we went after Daillo using the Diarra connection, and now using Jackson's connection and most importantly bond with DHam to become a legit threat for him as well. It's clear that Ollie is really pushing UConn as being a "family" environment, and it has been a sentiment expressed by every single one of our recruits lately. Seriously, go read what Durham, Mamadou, Jalen, Purvis and Alterique all said about why they chose UConn and Ollie, each and every one of them specifically stated they loved the "family atmosphere". Well done KO.

Reaction Score
Vance Jackson just followed me on Instagram. call it what you will, but I'm thinking its a lock he commits to uconn

Reaction Score
This kid has retweeted so many positive tweets about UConn, that would be an odd move if he wasn't seriously thinking of committing

Reaction Score
Well he's gonna love the weather on his visit - supposed to be beautiful this weekend.....San Diego-like..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom