SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 50 | The Boneyard

SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Donnyell was a multi-faceted scorer & player. Jackson is, as of now, a 3-point shooter almost exclusively. Donnyell could shoot 24% and still help us. If Jackson only shoots 24%, he won't see the floor.

Your comparison is bad and you should feel bad.
On a day we got this kid I feel pretty good but we'll see in a year and a half what he brings to us. Not comparing, they are different positions but both born with shooting touch it seems.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Donnyell was a multi-faceted scorer & player. Jackson is, as of now, a 3-point shooter almost exclusively. Donnyell could shoot 24% and still help us. If Jackson only shoots 24%, he won't see the floor.

Your comparison is bad and you should feel bad.

And may god have mercy on your soul.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Kid can hopefully do a little more than just shoot threes? Does he have the skills to knock down 2pt Js off screens a la Rip Hamilton?

Reaction Score
When we say "he can't recruit" we are talking about against UK, Duke, KU, UNC, etc., which he can't and doesn't.

I believe we were stressed because Ollie can't recruit. Right?

Reaction Score
Kid can hopefully do a little more than just shoot threes? Does he have the skills to knock down 2pt Js off screens a la Rip Hamilton?

I've seen some nice post moves. He seems to have a back-down/fadeaway jumper. He has a very good handle and vision as a 4, provided he plays there. The kid can shoot from everywhere. Has a nice pull-up game too.

Reaction Score
I've seen some nice post moves. He seems to have a back-down/fadeaway jumper. He has a very good handle and vision as a 4, provided he plays there. The kid can shoot from everywhere. Has a nice pull-up game too.
One of the reports had him as a good rebounder and if he's already 6'8", by the time he gets here he could be an inch or 2 more. It's always great to have a knock down shooter and as he gets stronger I'm sure he will do a lot more. Just hope the weights don't mess with the shooting.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Asinine troll comments aside, didn't Calhoun rarely recruit against those programs?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
When we say "he can't recruit" we are talking about against UK, Duke, KU, UNC, etc., which he can't and doesn't.
No, it was about going against NC State, UNLV, VCU, Gonzaga, Florida State and Maryland. And the whiners - like yourself - never took into consideration the fact that we were suffering the ill effects of the manpower and hours sanctions KO and staff were stuck with from Day 1, and how that hampered our recruiting from 2012-through-2015.

The 2016 class is our first that we've been able to recruit mostly sanction-free:

Gilbert:
beat Syracuse, Louisville, Texas, Georgetown & FSU
Jackson: beat Cal, Arizona, UCLA, UNLV, Maryland, UW
Diarra: beat VCU, Temple, St. John's, Providence
Durham: beat Florida, Florida State, Louisville, Kansas, NC State, Indiana, Texas

The 2017 class will be our first under KO that he's been able to recruit, start-to-finish, with no sanctions. Here are our top two targets:
Brown: We are going up against Kentucky, Duke, Kansas & UCLA
Diallo: we are going up against Kentucky, Kansas, Maryland, Louisville and Syracuse

I guess we'll just have to see how it goes. Maybe we'll have success and you'll get to be disappointed again.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

AZZNINE comment
UConn doesn't need to recruit to mirror those schools
Since 1999 - who has won the most NCs?
Why do all the amateur posters feel we have to shadow those schools?
The Squid, Self and Roy would love to trade their recruiting "glory" for those 4 NCs
And please - expand upon your etc after UNC

Reaction Score
FluxTZ said:
BOOM 655164170959122432

200.gif

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He may fill out more but he has been listed as 6'7 or 6'8 for years now so I wouldn't think in terms of more height. He has the intelligent play attributes of Giffey, as well as the 3 pt shot of Sr yr Giffey. A great team player addition but I don't even see the beginnings of comparisons to Donyell. What a nucleus of likely multi year players we have.

I haven't paid attention to whether the teams going to Hoophall this year are already announced, but with Josh Jackson on the team, I bet we will get to see Vance Jackson in person in Springfield in Jan. Also looking forward to Putnam Science games up here vs Brewster with Alpha Diallo, Tauren Thompson etc, and maybe New Hampton & Tilton. Give us some guard depth and we are in the running.

Looking at the high school ranks there is not much left at guard that we have a known shot at. Is Saul Phiri at Worcester Academy a good enough player to help? I haven't seen him. I don't remember Assante Gist of Roselle Catholic, and only have a vague recollection of Ian Sistare from Northfield Mt Herman, but he seemed serviceable as I recall. They are all ranked in the 200's but might be adequate 4th or 5th guards off the bench. Doubtful we are going to any of them, but are they good enough to help depth if their names come up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom