SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 53 | The Boneyard

SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Niels, at times throughout his four years at UConn, covered all five positions on the floor. He was a terrific athlete.

I have to disagree with you on that. I'm not saying he wasn't a very solid defender and very versatile but his speed, leaping ability, quickness, and lateral agility were certainly not anywhere close to terrific. Don't get me wrong, one of my favorite all-time Huskies but let's not get carried away.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
If Josh Jackson goes to UMD I'm done with college recruiting. Their fans really think they are leading for him, then again they thought they led for Gabriel too, they may be some of the cockiest fans of a program that frankly hasnt done much, behind only Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Niels, at times throughout his four years at UConn, covered all five positions on the floor. He was a terrific athlete.
And what was more remarkable he covered all 5 at the same time

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
@VanceJackson1: National Signing Day
University Of Connecticut
Yeaaaaaah Storrssssss!!!!!!!
Had to log in just to like this. Gilbert and Jackson signing is huge. Now we need Diarra and Durham to make that commitment.

Reaction Score
I have to disagree with you on that. I'm not saying he wasn't a very solid defender and very versatile but his speed, leaping ability, quickness, and lateral agility were certainly not anywhere close to terrific. Don't get me wrong, one of my favorite all-time Huskies but let's not get carried away.

I agree with you on this, even though the majority of the boneyard probably disagrees. It's been a narrative on the boneyard that Niels was a great athlete. Guy shoots lights out and plays solid defense. He was an awesome player at UConn. I just don't put him in the "terrific" athlete category like others here.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I agree with you on this, even though the majority of the boneyard probably disagrees. It's been a narrative on the boneyard that Niels was a great athlete. Guy shoots lights out and plays solid defense. He was an awesome player at UConn. I just don't put him in the "terrific" athlete category like others here.
Most people just think he was an underrated athlete, that's all. However with that being pretty much the majority opinion, it's almost difficult why we continue to state it repeatedly. I guess we all really like Niels.

Reaction Score
Durham is signing tonight.
Juwan Durham won't be able to play basketball until next year, but the 6-foot-9 forward is locking up his college plans tonight at 6 p.m. Durham is scheduled to sign his Letter of Intent to UConn during Tampa Prep's practice and then have it faxed to Kevin Ollie and the Huskies.

"It's a tradition," said Tampa Prep coach Joe Fenlon about having his players sign during practice. "There's no question it will be a load off (signing his LOI). The kid has been working his tail off for this day."

Reaction Score
Most people just think he was an underrated athlete, that's all. However with that being pretty much the majority opinion, it's almost difficult why we continue to state it repeatedly. I guess we all really like Niels.

Yeah definitely a situation where, if you have the majority thinking someone is underrated, they probably aren't actually underrated. He was a good athlete, no doubt, which became more apparent once he got a little more comfortable driving the ball his senior year, however if we're to believe some of the opinions on this board, then he should be in the NBA with his range and size.

Reaction Score
If Josh Jackson goes to UMD I'm done with college recruiting. Their fans really think they are leading for him, then again they thought they led for Gabriel too, they may be some of the cockiest fans of a program that frankly hasnt done much, behind only Syracuse.

The fans of the University of Pittsburgh would like to have a word with you.

Reaction Score
The Neils comparison should be exactly why we should all be encouraged about how awesome this Vance signing is. Vance may not have freak athleticism, but he's still an athletic dude, he can dunk easily, and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on guarding people. He has awesomely fine-tuned offensive skills, and a great shot. It's not like he's slow, he's just not LeBron's. Neils' athleticism didn't jump off the screen every time, but he was plenty athletic enough to defend any position on the floor, and especially at 6'8" I would imagine Vance will be just fine guarding the people he's asked.

Reaction Score
Except I've never seen one of those in my entire life! I've heard about them though, they seem to be mythical, like unicorns.

Well, the truth is that U. Pitt fans were some of the best represented of bball fans at the BET in MSG.

It was Syracuse, UConn, St. John's when they were good, and Pitt in 3rd or 4th place. Georgetown had a smattering of fans, occasionally Seton Hall when they won the first game (rarely), and even ND. Pitt was probably the 3rd strongest fan base in the conference.

Reaction Score
Except I've never seen one of those in my entire life! I've heard about them though, they seem to be mythical, like unicorns.

You're nuts!! I was in upstate New York last month and I saw a ton of them...or maybe that was Plattsburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom