SF V.J. King (Louisville Commit) | Page 23 | The Boneyard

SF V.J. King (Louisville Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You come in here and troll and then when you get called out you change your arguments as to why UConn needs to 'step it up' because we've been 'winning with less talent?' Jesus, dude.

You're a horrific poster.
No. You just aren't smart enough to keep up. I said the talent disparity is growing and that is why we need to step it up. At some point you can't overcome the disparity no matter how good you are at doing more with less.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
No. If you want to define our recent past it would be that we were able to win with less talent. But do you think Ollie is intentionally losing these battles to keep us at some sort of optimal number of 5 star recruits?

It isn't like KO wouldn't have liked more talent on our team. And while we did beat Kentucky with less talent, you have to admit that thise Kentucky teams weren't as loaded as last year's team. Wisconsin's win over them was probably the most encouraging example. But they fell short to an equally monsterous Puke team because coach K can actually coach too. Using past examples of our successes is only marginally valid because the hoarding issues seems to be getting worse. We need to step it up, even if just a little, to keep up.

Can you say with certainty that we're losing more high profile recruiting battles than we ever have or is the exposure to said battles in 2015 greater?

A poster earlier listed all of our recruits by class and by ratings grouping and we've been consistently pulling in the same level of talent for a long time. Of Course KO isn't losing recruits on purpose, but it's also not a sky is falling scenario. We've always landed 1-2 studs and some more developmental guys around them. This works out because at some point B talent and 3+ years experience eclipses A talent.

Reaction Score
KO commits of top guys we were hard after/had a good shot with
2013: 1/6 (Facey, Cameron, Austin, XRM, Vonleh, Walker)
2014: 1/9 (Hamilton, Oubre, Robinson, AMA, Morgan, Larrier, Black, Perkins, Terrell)
2015: 2/7 (Adams, Enoch, Stone, Briscoe, Jones, Mack, Clark)
2016: 1/2 (Diarra, King)

Its getting better. And UConn is the heavy favorite for our current top wing target, Bailey (soon), and leads for our top PG target in Gilbert.

Reaction Score
Buddy of mine said he saw KO walking around campus today with somebody wearing a St. Vincent basketball sweatshirt. Can't think of any one we were/are currently recruiting besides King that played for St. Vincent. I obviously know he has committed to Louisville but is there any shot it was King? I doubt it so does any one have any idea who it could have been?

Reaction Score
Buddy of mine said he saw KO walking around campus today with somebody wearing a St. Vincent basketball sweatshirt. Can't think of any one we were/are currently recruiting besides King that played for St. Vincent. I obviously know he has committed to Louisville but is there any shot it was King? I doubt it so does any one have any idea who it could have been?

Nick Richards, who goes/went to St. Patrick's, is visiting today.

He also went to a st. mary's high school on long island.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I think it was LeBron James.

Reaction Score
Nick Richards, who goes/went to St. Patrick's, is visiting today.

He also went to a st. mary's high school on long island.
Thanks. Completely overlooked that thread with the info that Richards was visiting.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
tumblr_nismx8wqcq1rmcy7fo1_1280.jpg

Reaction Score
I dont think anything major comes from this investigation

Reaction Score
Or, maybe the coaching staff has made a concious decision to not do what it would take to land some of these really top kids. Maybe it is a little of both.

Again, I am not saying we need to win every battle. I am well aware of the fact that we have a great coach who can do more with less. But it would be nice to win one more a year.

Huh, would ya look at that.

Reaction Score
And yet, here we are, with a top 10 recruiting class...
Which is more impressive given that we know that this stuff happens. As an insider once said, we can't and won't do stuff like this.

Clearly we won't ever know if this swayed yet another top recruit away from UConn, giving us an even higher rated class, but, if it didn't help recruiting, would these teams still do it?

Reaction Score
Originally played at St. Vincent
Maybe it was VJ King. Now that he knows the hookers are off the table at Louisville, he's reconsidering if it's worth going all the way down there to just play basketball. :) Sorry I just couldn't resist.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Maybe it was VJ King. Now that he knows the hookers are off the table at Louisville, he's reconsidering if it's worth going all the way down there to just play basketball. :) Sorry I just couldn't resist.
You should have! I know I did.:cool:

Reaction Score
Have they improved the talent at Electric Blue?

Since when? Last time I was there was about 5-6 years ago and there was a wave of Brazilian talent which made my rare trip delightful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom