SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
Ollie has gone after a few kids with a similar skill set: Kegler, Davis and to some extent King.

Reaction Score
More I read, the more I'm liking this. If he can play some 4 right off the bat, that can really enable some exciting lineups. Spread people out 4 penetrators wide with Brimah lurking for a lob when his man helps.
The 4 looks like the best position for him in college.

Reaction Score

You could argue he's better suited to play the four than anybody else on the current roster (I haven't seen him play, but that's the vibe I get from reading the scouting reports).

With Miller gone and Hamilton not around to play small-ball minutes there, I've been worried about the four spot. We saw what a disaster it was in 2014-15 with Facey and Brimah sharing the court for large stretches, and though that pairing should be more viable as seniors, I like having some mobility and shooting at that position. If he can screen, even better.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
He looks like a powerful kid who can just overpower people inside. Could he end up being a little Caron-like? Not fair, of course, to compare anyone to an all-time great Husky, but this kid does seem to have "it." Maybe it's just the video editing, but Justin Jackson can do a lot of things. Let's hope he can direct a good portion of his focus onto rebounding the basketball. He looks like he could or should be really good on the boards.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
A stretch four would be nice and Justin would fit that bill to a tee.

Reaction Score
Watching this kids film I really think he's more of a 3 than a 4, but definitely versatile. Looks like he has the whole package. Would be a huge get and cement an unreal recruiting class for KO.

Reaction Score
Watching this kids film I really think he's more of a 3 than a 4, but definitely versatile. Looks like he has the whole package. Would be a huge get and cement an unreal recruiting class for KO.

Considering the offensive ability of all of our 4's, if you get a guy who can play like a 3 on O and defend 4's, you play him at 4.

Reaction Score
image.png
Really want Jackson but the kid guarding him here looks like he's 12 years old lol

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I heard a week ago that we're basically option 2B, with Oregon being A, and Maryland being 2A. A lot can change in a week though, I'll have to ask again about this kid, would be a stellar add this late in the class.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
View attachment 13541 Really want Jackson but the kid guarding him here looks like he's 12 years old lol
Hahaha.. The video is from 2012 but I had to post it after his quotes about Magic Johnson. Seems as though KO found the perfect replacement for DHAM.

Reaction Score
If we're going small and Larrier and J Jackson are our 3/4 I'm all for it. I like Facey but if offering a starting spot helps, go for it. Facey just has to play as well as he can and he'll earn minutes. He doesn't need a start to prove that he's valuable to this team.

Reaction Score
I heard a week ago that we're basically option 2B, with Oregon being A, and Maryland being 2A. A lot can change in a week though, I'll have to ask again about this kid, would be a stellar add this late in the class.
I'd argue that the big change in a week has already occurred. Getting a visit this weekend and it seems Maryland is out. Should be us vs. Oregon but I've said it time and time again, I trust KO to get it done.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
It's insane how much better of a player and fit for our team Jackson is compared to Thompson. Normally I am very skeptical of freshman being true impact players but I can certainly see scenarios where our lack of offensive depth at the 4 could create a potential path to that role for JJ. Sell the dream KO.

Reaction Score
If we do land this kid and one of our prime 2017 backcourt targets, holy s***.

PG Gilbert/Adams
SG Adams/(Diallo/MAL)/Vital
SF Diallo/Larrier
PF Jackson/Larrier/Jackson
C Enoch/Durham

That's a team that could challenge for a championship, maybe 2 years in a row depending on who stays.

Reaction Score
If we do land this kid and one of our prime 2017 backcourt targets, holy s***.

PG Gilbert/Adams
SG Adams/(Diallo/MAL)/Vital
SF Diallo/Larrier
PF Jackson/Larrier/Jackson
C Enoch/Durham

That's a team that could challenge for a championship, maybe 2 years in a row depending on who stays.
Diarra too. Loaded

Reaction Score
Zags with the Zach Brown mention despite it having nothing to do with it. Surprised he didn't mention Moe Harkless was committed to us and backed out of that commitment - Very reliable UConn-hater!

caw

Reaction Score
Maryland has Gill visiting this weekend. Hope he commits to them.

Reaction Score
Kid would be an absolutely perfect fit for us, make it happen KO!

Reaction Score
Jackson is on campus this weekend right? Or is it next weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom