SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry I don't have anything on Jackson. All my guy told me once again is we lead for Diallo pretty confidently(at least Ollie thinks so), and strongly in the mix for Jackson and nick Richards. Trust me I'll let you guys know if he drops a bomb for me.
All sounds good to me

Reaction Score
Why do we seem so desperate to get a PF when we already have 3 for next season? Makes no sense. Get a big center.
This guy starts from day one. Diarra is raw but high energy, Facey is a solid reserve and Durham may redshirt. I think this kid would start right away likely.

Reaction Score
This guy starts from day one. Diarra is raw but high energy, Facey is a solid reserve and Durham may redshirt. I think this kid would start right away likely.

Larrier, Purvis, Jalen, Amida and ??????. There's minutes to be had certainly will be interesting. One can only hope Juwan is healthy but they need to make sure he's ready, but if he is I see him in the slot. Otherwise up for grabs, may play small and not be able to keep AG off the court either.

Reaction Score
Larrier, Purvis, Jalen, Amida and ??????. There's minutes to be had certainly will be interesting. One can only hope Juwan is healthy but they need to make sure he's ready, but if he is I see him in the slot. Otherwise up for grabs, may play small and not be able to keep AG off the court either.
Agreed on rique, I think he finds a way into starting lineup or at very least huge role at some point.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
This could be a dynamic group if they can compete on the boards. Justin Jackson ... he would change the balance of things if he is as good as he looked on the highlight videos. Juwan too is a special talent. Alterique is going to be a force to be reckoned with. Justin could bring the size, toughness, and skill to the 3/4 that could make a big difference for next year. But this is certainly getting way ahead of things, as usual. This is a time where recruiting can be fun (waiting on an incredible possible commitment from a talented kid that came out of nowhere) is an exciting thing to land talented recruits, like in a manly big "YES"-way with fists pumping, etc.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
He would be great! Hope we hear some good news soon. I was impressed by his handle and his muscle at the rim. This would be a great elixir for loosing DHam.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Justin Jackson would allow Ollie the roster to play however we may need to win. The roster would be full of talent and experience. We just have to hope they play like it this year.

Reaction Score
Justin Jackson would allow Ollie the roster to play however we may need to win. The roster would be full of talent and experience. We just have to hope they play like it this year.
Don't know about experience considering half the roster will be freshmen, but the point is still true. Jackson is yet another versatile piece that gives Ollie a bevy of good options. Positionless basketball is how the game's played now, and KO knows how to do this well.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Don't know about experience considering half the roster will be freshmen, but the point is still true. Jackson is yet another versatile piece that gives Ollie a bevy of good options. Positionless basketball is how the game's played now, and KO knows how to do this well.
KO can do it well if he has the pieces that fit together. Some teams do, some do not. UConn has some nice pieces coming together, and Justin could be the link that brings it together (if he is really ready to play as a freshman). If we rely on freshman to have a great year, we will likely be disappointed, but he looks very good. The thing I hope for is that UConn will be better next year despite the losses and then becomes really good the following year.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
you're right. It's more like a good mix of experience and youth. Our starters are will be the experienced ones with Jalen, Purvis, Terrier, Amida, and Kentan or Enoch if they can step up. That's 2 seniors and 3 talented sophomores. If the freshman can contribute off the bench as advertised that would be great. There's a lot of different lineups Ollie can go with either way. Real small ball with AG, JA, RP, JJ/TL, JD or get some height with JA, RP, TL/JJ, SE, and AB.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I'm sure we've had some similarly athletic teams but you could be right here. Jalen, Alterique, Terry L, Juwan if healthy, Facey, Rodney, AB - some nice athleticism.
Yeah I don't remember a roster where EVERYONE could dunk (except maybe Alterique but he makes up for it with his shiftiness and quickness) but you didn't even mention SE or JJ if we get him. Dierra could be in the Jeff Adrian mold hopefully. How much the freshman contribute is really going to be determined by their ability to play defense.

Reaction Score
Yeah I don't remember a roster where EVERYONE could dunk (except maybe Alterique but he makes up for it with his shiftiness and quickness) but you didn't even mention SE or JJ if we get him. Dierra could be in the Jeff Adrian mold hopefully. How much the freshman contribute is really going to be determined by their ability to play defense.
Alterique was in the mickey D's dunk contest lmao

Reaction Score
Huh? Did U not watch any highlights of this guy or the McDonald's all American game? He even did it in the national high school tourney. AG has no issues dunking!

Reaction Score
He reminds me of Shonn Miller a lot, but with a better handle. His size seems similar and his actual face looks like him too. Can definitely see him sliding right into the starting 4 spot.

Reaction Score

Alterique

I'm truly not trying to hammer on this mistake – just think this photo is awesome and this was the perfect time to share it again.

Attachments

• CTojnnpW4AA-zaq.jpg
    CTojnnpW4AA-zaq.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 94

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Alterique

I'm truly not trying to hammer on this mistake – just think this photo is awesome and this was the perfect time to share it again.
Really excited for him. Everything from the size, hops, handles, defense, and effort screams Boatright. We'll have to see if he has the heart of a lion, matching Boats heart won't be easy for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom