SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland) | Page 28 | The Boneyard

SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oregon's facilities are another world nice. Knight funnels money into that program so anyone who goes and visits will be impressed. Makes perfect sense while the parents may be enamored. They see the potential for serious $$ down the road. JJ probably just sees the basketball side.

Reaction Score
Oregon's facilities are another world nice. Knight funnels money into that program so anyone who goes and visits will be impressed. Makes perfect sense while the parents may be enamored. They see the potential for serious $$ down the road. JJ probably just sees the basketball side.
You know we do have a brand new 40 million dollar state of the art practice facility? Every college bball writer whose stepped foot in it compares it to the taj mahal. After googling Oregon's basketball practice facility, I'll take ours over theirs.

Now, if Justin plans on playing QB, yes I can see him and his parents being enamored with the football facility.

Reaction Score
This sneaker company talk is so ridiculous. It constantly changes to fit whatever narrative best serves as an excuse for UConn. Example: Stone played for an UA AAU team so that's the reason he went to Maryland. Now, a kid who played for an Under Armor AAU team- whose coaches all get checks from Under Armor, is being pulled to Oregon because of Nike and Phil Knight? They use their power and influence to get Justin Jackson but not Tatum, Giles, Monk, Ball, Bridges, etc?

Swoosh, there it is: Phil Knight’s relationship with the University of Oregon.

In addition to his college coaching experience, Mennenga served as co-director of youth basketball programs in Buffalo and Toronto, as well as being an analyst for Time Warner Cable SportsNet in Buffalo and a college basketball contributor to the FAN Radio Network in Toronto.

The guy has ties to the community and is recruiting his butt of there.
This sneaker company talk is so ridiculous. It constantly changes to fit whatever narrative best serves as an excuse for UConn. Example: Stone played for an UA AAU team so that's the reason he went to Maryland. Now, a kid who played for an Under Armor AAU team- whose coaches all get checks from Under Armor, is being pulled to Oregon because of Nike and Phil Knight? They use their power and influence to get Justin Jackson but not Tatum, Giles, Monk, Ball, Bridges, etc?

Assistant Michael Mennenga is the reason Canadians are going to Oregon not Phil Knight and Nike.

In addition to his college coaching experience, Mennenga served as co-director of youth basketball programs in Buffalo and Toronto, as well as being an analyst for Time Warner Cable SportsNet in Buffalo and a college basketball contributor to the FAN Radio Network in Toronto.

The guy has ties to the community and is recruiting his butt of there. Simple as that.
This is a hot button topic for you. So just asking. The nike money that funds insane facilities and a seriously ugly basketball court has limited to no impact on Canadian players picking Oregon. Just asking. Seems like a closed mindset.

Reaction Score
Simple as that.

No it's not. You really don't think Nike's relationship with Oregon is a deciding factor for some recruits. It's certainly not a bad thing and not the same as UConn's relationship with Nike.

Reaction Score
No it's not. You really don't think Nike's relationship with Oregon is a deciding factor for some recruits. It's certainly not a bad thing and not the same as UConn's relationship with Nike.

His mind is made up ..

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
His mind is made up ..
Continue...lol

Unknown.jpeg

Reaction Score
Assistant Michael Mennenga is the reason Canadians are going to Oregon not Phil Knight and Nike.

The guy has ties to the community and is recruiting his butt of there. Simple as that.

I doubt that Mennenga is the main factor given that Oregon had a Canadian pipeline going well before he got there in 2014-15.

You may be completely right that everything's on the up and up with Canadian recruiting. But I think it's fair for people who lived through the Kasongo recruitment in real time to have a jaundiced eye toward recruiting battles with Oregon over Canadians. Even if we acknowledge that Kasongo is a chucklehead and that the uniquely dirty Brandon Bender lent his talents to the situation, that whole thing was still extraordinarily odd.

Reaction Score
Watched a little of the womens softball the other day as nothing else was on at the time. They had the Duck women on and showed their facilities - CRAZY just for softball with locker rooms, automated helmet retrievals, indoor full infield and batting facilities which would make the Yankees jealous.

$$$$$$$$$ and swooshes in how they get people let's face it. It can make a kid starry eyed.
Yup. One of my neighbors' daughters was being recruited for D1 lacrosse and instead of going to one of the established east coast powers she went to Oregon. Even the facilities for women's lacrosse were amazing and she fell for it.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Yup. One of my neighbors' daughters was being recruited for D1 lacrosse and instead of going to one of the established east coast powers she went to Oregon. Even the facilities for women's lacrosse were amazing and she fell for it.
Yeah, they probably have better facilities for sports like softball and lacrosse. That doesn't really carry to basketball, where we have state of the art facilities.

Reaction Score

Cgarr would seriously challenge this:)

Reaction Score
Wait, someone is trying to contend that being Phil Knight University isn't a big help for Oregon recruiting???

ctchamps

Reaction Score
You actually know something? 99 said his mind is made up but so far no indication as to where.
They know as much as you do!

Reaction Score
Wait, someone is trying to contend that being Phil Knight University isn't a big help for Oregon recruiting???
I don't think anybody is arguing that, but I'm not surprised this whole thing started with an out of context comment from Chief.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I don't think anybody is arguing that, but I'm not surprised this whole thing started with an out of context comment from Chief.

Isn't every comment from Chief out of context?

Reaction Score
Of course facilities are a factor. Luckily ours is better than 99% of the schools on this planet. Gampel is a classic/historic college arena and Hartford is well Hartford. Bottom line is we are not losing the facilities battle to anyone.

My focus is on the people who make it seem like some underhanded deals are going on (ie Stone and now Jackson). Like we're going to lose him because Nike wants him in Oregon to help Phil Knight's team. It's just not the case. Otherwise they'd have unbelievable recruiting classes every year. No doubt underhanded stuff is going on at a smaller level (like coaches looking to advance their careers) but there is no large corporate conspiracy here.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Of course facilities are a factor. Luckily ours is better than 99% of the schools on this planet. Gampel is a classic/historic college arena and Hartford is well Hartford. Bottom line is we are not losing the facilities battle to anyone.

My focus is on the people who make it seem like some underhanded deals are going on (ie Stone and now Jackson). Like we're going to lose him because Nike wants him in Oregon to help Phil Knight's team. It's just not the case. Otherwise they'd have unbelievable recruiting classes every year. No doubt underhanded stuff is going on at a smaller level (like coaches looking to advance their careers) but there is no large corporate conspiracy here.
It would be corporate suicide.
Some of the concern is not with Nike, but with some of the Canadian handlers having a shady past. At least there were some article written about the Canadian handler of Kasango. Not sure who the people handling JJ are.

Reaction Score
It would be corporate suicide.
Some of the concern is not with Nike, but with some of the Canadian handlers having a shady past. At least there were some article written about the Canadian handler of Kasango. Not sure who the people handling JJ are.
His mom and dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall