SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland) | Page 29 | The Boneyard

SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
His mom and dad.
So what is their supposed attraction to Oregon? Coach? Educational opportunities? Facilities? Pacific Ocean? Politics? Job opportunities? Or just some general vague feeling?

Reaction Score
Harford sucks CGARR. Outdated and 20 miles from campus with a small student section.

Nike helps make Oregon competitive in sports. Simple concept
I really don't expect you to understand what I am saying. Congratulations on typing a coherent sentence though!

Reaction Score
So what is their supposed attraction to Oregon? Coach? Educational opportunities? Facilities? Pacific Ocean? Politics? Job opportunities? Or just some general vague feeling?

Hahaha Nike...:)

Reaction Score
Have either of his parents visited UConn? I know his mom was enamored of Oregon and his father went with him on his recent Oregon visit. IF neither has been to UConn though, I'd say that's being somewhat irresponsible as a parent, unless you're trying to influence his decision by doing so. I know it's not always possible to visit all of your child's choices, but he's supposedly down to two schools, so it can't be that difficult for at least one of them to visit here.

Reaction Score
I really don't expect you to understand what I am saying. Congratulations on typing a coherent sentence though!

Your welcome..your logic is blind at best. You make huge jumps with limited examples.

Ps..hartford is amazing..hahaha.

Reaction Score
First he wants to go to school in the desert, and now he's considering the rainiest place in the country. Its obviously not about facilities and handlers, but good old H2O. How do we compete?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
First he wants to go to school in the desert, and now he's considering the rainiest place in the country. Its obviously not about facilities and handlers, but good old H2O. How do we compete?
Well, if he wants to avoid natural disasters, Storrs, CT is the best place in America?

Reaction Score
You actually know something? 99 said his mind is made up but so far no indication as to where.
No i dont know anything. Just starting to get that feeling. Its taking too long and hearing all of the oregon talk. I would have never in a million years let my parents talk me into going to a school they liked. Im the one that has to be there. I will give my son my choice but its his decision in the end even if i am the one paying for it. The parents need to back off. The other choice isnt a bad choice. Actually its the better choice.

Reaction Score
Have either of his parents visited UConn? I know his mom was enamored of Oregon and his father went with him on his recent Oregon visit. IF neither has been to UConn though, I'd say that's being somewhat irresponsible as a parent, unless you're trying to influence his decision by doing so. I know it's not always possible to visit all of your child's choices, but he's supposedly down to two schools, so it can't be that difficult for at least one of them to visit here.
Can we just let the kid choose what school he wants and wait it out and not start criticizing his parents in how they parent, we don't know the family or the kid, just because we saw him on some highlight clips doesn't give us the slightest idea about his family life.

Let's just wait and see what happens please....

Reaction Score
No i dont know anything. Just starting to get that feeling. Its taking too long and hearing all of the oregon talk. I would have never in a million years let my parents talk me into going to a school they liked. Im the one that has to be there. I will give my son my choice but its his decision in the end even if i am the one paying for it. The parents need to back off. The other choice isnt a bad choice. Actually its the better choice.

Of course but if he was leaning Oregon and his Parents liked UConn then everybody would say he should trust his parents they know what's best for him.

Reaction Score
maybe he just had a good view at graduation?
must-see-imagery-oregon-butt-graduation2.jpg

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
If Dillon Brooks announces tomorrow that he will return to Oregon, does that make it less attractive for JJ to go there?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If Dillon Brooks announces tomorrow that he will return to Oregon, does that make it less attractive for JJ to go there?
It's my guess that this is the key to the recruitment.

Reaction Score
Can we just let the kid choose what school he wants and wait it out and not start criticizing his parents in how they parent, we don't know the family or the kid, just because we saw him on some highlight clips doesn't give us the slightest idea about his family life.

Let's just wait and see what happens please....

Umm...the first thing asked was if his parents had visited, bc I haven't seen that mentioned or discussed in the thread, so wasn't sure. That being said, as a parent of a freshman in college and a rising HS senior, who's looking at schools now, I couldn't think of not going on a visit to a school my kids were seriously considering. In JJ's case, I didn't pretend to have the answers why they hadn't visited, just mentioned if it's down to just two schools, I think you find a way to visit those two. As a parent, not going PC here EB, as the drive to Storrs would only be 8 hours...not a big deal.

Reaction Score
Umm...the first thing asked was if his parents had visited, bc I haven't seen that mentioned or discussed in the thread, so wasn't sure. That being said, as a parent of a freshman in college and a rising HS senior, who's looking at schools now, I couldn't think of not going on a visit to a school my kids were seriously considering. In JJ's case, I didn't pretend to have the answers why they hadn't visited, just mentioned if it's down to just two schools, I think you find a way to visit those two. As a parent, not going PC here EB, as the drive to Storrs would only be 8 hours...not a big deal.
Lol, just don't think it's a good look bud, like I tell my dogs, leave it.

C

Chief00

It would be corporate suicide.
Some of the concern is not with Nike, but with some of the Canadian handlers having a shady past. At least there were some article written about the Canadian handler of Kasango. Not sure who the people handling JJ are.
I believe Nike has very strong connections with youth basketball in Canada. The assistant coach isn't a statistical outlier.

Reaction Score
I am sure CGARR will call me a fool but i agree with chief (i must be sick) . Assistant coach, nike, aau, and about 100 other things play a factor in an commitment

Reaction Score
Lol, just don't think it's a good look bud, like I tell my dogs, leave it.
Cool...just wish they did the same thing as Vital's mom and followed up with a visit since her son was so impressed.

BTW, with tomorrow's deadline looming, the CBS Sports web site is suggesting and predicting that both Brooks and Dorsey return to the Ducks. If right, could be great news for us.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I don't mean to beleaguer the point, but do you view Gampel as better than their place which is 5 years old? I know their floor is odd, but you know that their place has to be nice if no other reason than it's brand new. I find Gampel fairly embarrasing to be honest. You look up to see the banners and you see that the place is fal
Gampel is a great arena to play in, but aesthetically it could use some love.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Alt. theory: Maybe JJ is waiting until after today to announce his commit to UConn so as to not steal the thunder from the AB returning to UConn story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom