SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland) | Page 27 | The Boneyard

SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, Oregon 247 mod is saying that Mom was already a fan of Oregon, and that Dad accompanied JJ on the official to Oregon and that won him over too. Usually tough to overcome what Mom and/or Dad wants (most recent example for UConn: toss-up between UConn and Louisville for Christian Vital and his mom preferred UConn), but like Zionn said, total faith in KO.

No one knows if this stuff is talk or truth with this kid...

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Asked around and hearing alot of pro duck Shot
Hopefully just because it was his last visit. I doubt JJ is talking to friends/family about UConn/Maryland right now, everyone would be asking him about Oregon. So recent talk being Oregon might make sense in that sense. Honestly I thought he'd be committed by now for sure, which gets me worried.

Reaction Score
Ok so it seems like the JJ camp is not talking at all or much so who knows if any of these rumors are true.
Did you hear it from your guys saying they heard it from his camp, or was it just their educated guesses? Just wondering.

Reaction Score
Hopefully just because it was his last visit. I doubt JJ is talking to friends/family about UConn/Maryland right now, everyone would be asking him about Oregon. So recent talk being Oregon might make sense in that sense. Honestly I thought he'd be committed by now for sure, which gets me worried.

The duck mods think the longer it goes the better chance uconn has.. or so the rumor tree says

Reaction Score
The duck mods think the longer it goes the better chance uconn has.. or so the rumor tree says

That just seems like human logic distancing time from recruiting trip and not actual intel. Would illustrate he's making the decision rationally I guess (and naturally that would favor us, right guys!?!?)

Elephant in the room is the Oregon players declared in draft. I would seriously doubt he decides before they decide (deadline Wednesday).

Reaction Score
That just seems like human logic distancing time from recruiting trip and not actual intel. Would illustrate he's making the decision rationally I guess (and naturally that would favor us, right guys!?!?)

Elephant in the room is the Oregon players declared in draft. I would seriously doubt he decides before they decide (deadline Wednesday).

I agree it is not Intel. Just passing on what i heard. Waiting to Wednesday makes sence

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My guess is he's waiting to see who pulls out of the draft before making his decision which implies he's leaning towards Oregon. But what do I know. I'm married and don't have girlfriends with inside information. Or any girlfriends for that married. 42 years!!!

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Oz on tos basically just reaffirmed what others here have said, JJ likes and wants UConn but people in his camp may like the ducks.

Reaction Score
Why does it seem like we so frequently end up in the situation where the recruit himself likes UConn but his parents/handlers/"camp" prefer another school?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Why does it seem like we so frequently end up in the situation where the recruit himself likes UConn but his parents/handlers/"camp" prefer another school?
Maybe they need to meet KO if they haven't already.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
We are a Nike school but Oregon is Nike.

Don't underestimate that with people in his camp.
Would you expand on that a little. Are you saying the "people in his camp" (who apparently prefer Oregon)
are saying that Oregon has more to offer him and since they are both Nike (another valuation) why chose
UConn?

Reaction Score
Would you expand on that a little. Are you saying the "people in his camp" (who apparently prefer Oregon)
are saying that Oregon has more to offer him and since they are both Nike (another valuation) why chose
UConn?
It means he has zero non-public info but he's going to go with the general response when any player is considering maryland, Oregon, or even any non-nike school.

Reaction Score

Because this happens all the time to everyone. With Vital, it was the opposite. He probably would have chosen Louisville if it hadn't been for his mom pushing UConn.

Reaction Score
Watched a little of the womens softball the other day as nothing else was on at the time. They had the Duck women on and showed their facilities - CRAZY just for softball with locker rooms, automated helmet retrievals, indoor full infield and batting facilities which would make the Yankees jealous.

$$$$$$$$$ and swooshes in how they get people let's face it. It can make a kid starry eyed.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Watched a little of the womens softball the other day as nothing else was on at the time. They had the Duck women on and showed their facilities - CRAZY just for softball with locker rooms, automated helmet retrievals, indoor full infield and batting facilities which would make the Yankees jealous.

$$$$$$$$$ and swooshes in how they get people let's face it. It can make a kid starry eyed.
Nice to have a softball loving lumber titan as an alum: Jane Sanders Stadium

Reaction Score
This sneaker company talk is so ridiculous. It constantly changes to fit whatever narrative best serves as an excuse for UConn. Example: Stone played for an UA AAU team so that's the reason he went to Maryland. Now, a kid who played for an Under Armor AAU team- whose coaches all get checks from Under Armor, is being pulled to Oregon because of Nike and Phil Knight? They use their power and influence to get Justin Jackson but not Tatum, Giles, Monk, Ball, Bridges, etc?

Assistant Michael Mennenga is the reason Canadians are going to Oregon not Phil Knight and Nike.

In addition to his college coaching experience, Mennenga served as co-director of youth basketball programs in Buffalo and Toronto, as well as being an analyst for Time Warner Cable SportsNet in Buffalo and a college basketball contributor to the FAN Radio Network in Toronto.

The guy has ties to the community and is recruiting his butt of there. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom