SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jackson had some of the most impressive measurements seen from anyone at this event on either roster, standing 6'7 with an outrageous 7'3 wingspan, a 229 pound frame and gigantic hands. While not freakishly athletic, he's easily big enough to play power forward at pretty much any level, and may even be able to operate as somewhat of a small-ball 5 in the Draymond Green mold.

via draftexpress

i'm in, this kid looks like he can start at the 4 immediately.

Adams/Gilbert/Vital
Purvis/Vital
Larrier/V.Jackson
J.Jackson/Facey/V.Jackson
Brimah/Enoch/Durham

serious potential with that kind of depth @ forward/wing position.

Reaction Score
That bench alone is pretty dam good! Love the potential, hoping for a visit! Well guess we are getting the visit! Great news

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Bet Ollie is pushing the small ball game plan to him hard, which I think is where guys like him excel. Guys these days don't want to be traditional back-to-the-basket bigs like they used to be, especially these tweeners that the college level is loaded with, versatility is the key to recruiting these guys and that's KO's motto.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Credible source?

If this is true our recruiting and season outlook really changed in the last week with CV commit and RP coming back and now this. I hope it is true. In KO we believe. He has to be a better option at PF than KF.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I think us having CV in the bag gives us the edge with Jackson. I'm sure he has some form of relationship with his fellow incoming former UNLV class, a friendly face goes a long way when traveling across the continent, and being from another country too no less.

Reaction Score
Really like this kids game. The move on the video posted at about the 1 minute mark where he receives a pass from the wing and he catches at the 3 pt line dribbles twice and pulls up for a mid ranger jumper is a thing of beauty. And the move from the wing at the 2 minute mark is wonderful too. Actually not sure what's not to like about this kid - big frame, looks and plays tough without showboating and can pass a little too it looks.

Would be a great get this late in the game.

Reaction Score
For those without Insider:

Strengths:
He's blessed with a terrific basketball body - already long and strong with a frame capable of sustaining plenty more muscle before it's all said and done. He's also a good athlete who moves very well for a guy his size. While he's capable of defending bigger players around the rim, he's a legitimate perimeter threat offensively who handles and passes well and has the touch to continue to extend his shooting range. His size and strength along with his versatility and solid understanding of the game give him some point forward type potential.

Weaknesses:
Jackson has all the tools and so really it's more a matter of time and experience before he puts it all together. He's still figuring out how to turn his incredible potential into true and consistent production. His stroke needs to improve in order for him to be a more consistent three-point threat and he should also be a better rebounder given his physical tools.

Bottom Line:
He's loaded with potential and upside and so it really seems to be a question of when, not if, he'll assert himself as a premier national talent.

They List him as a 4 Star Small Forward. He is not ranked because ESPN only ranks kids who play in the USA.

KO has already done a great job.. imagine if we snag him? unbelievable. What a class.

Reaction Score
For those without Insider:

Strengths:
He's blessed with a terrific basketball body - already long and strong with a frame capable of sustaining plenty more muscle before it's all said and done. He's also a good athlete who moves very well for a guy his size. While he's capable of defending bigger players around the rim, he's a legitimate perimeter threat offensively who handles and passes well and has the touch to continue to extend his shooting range. His size and strength along with his versatility and solid understanding of the game give him some point forward type potential.

Weaknesses:
Jackson has all the tools and so really it's more a matter of time and experience before he puts it all together. He's still figuring out how to turn his incredible potential into true and consistent production. His stroke needs to improve in order for him to be a more consistent three-point threat and he should also be a better rebounder given his physical tools.

Bottom Line:
He's loaded with potential and upside and so it really seems to be a question of when, not if, he'll assert himself as a premier national talent.

They List him as a 4 Star Small Forward. He is not ranked because ESPN only ranks kids who play in the USA.

KO has already done a great job.. imagine if we snag him? unbelievable. What a class.

You have to weight the pros and cons though. Sure the kid has no weaknesses as a basketball player, but think how confusing it's going to be to have two players with the last name Jackson.

Reaction Score

Yes!!!

Vital is on campus right now too. I think he'll be there all weekend.

Vital's snapchat the other day said "UConn this weekend" so I think that he will be there all weekend. Plus didn't finals just end?? If so, campus will be bumping this weekend.

Reaction Score
From Oregon

Kevin Ollie has been trying to work his way into getting into the mix with the top 40 recruit and has finally broke ground here. The Huskies lost Daniel Hamilton and one source says the Huskies have been pitching to Jackson he'd slide right into the wing's starting spot this past season.
i saw a 247 article, behind a pay wall, about his oregon visit being rescheduled, does he have a set date for it yet? i was thinking this was from the same article

Reaction Score
i saw a 247 article, behind a pay wall, about his oregon visit being rescheduled, does he have a set date for it yet? i was thinking this was from the same article
Yeah, that excerpt came from same article. Visit was bumped up to weekend of the 13th because the original OV overlapped with a recruiting dead period, so it would cut the visit short.

Reaction Score
Now we will have to see if KO follows him on Twitter after the weekend

Reaction Score
@tcf15 What's Ozzie saying on the other site? I don't have a subscription so I can't see the thread he started

Reaction Score
This is a quote from JJ a while back. Can see how using the Daniel Hamilton angle can benefit UConn here:

Justin Jackson
“I like to call myself Mr. do-it-all,” he said. “Not to be cocky, but that’s how I see my game. Ever since I was young I was able to do a little bit of everything. I can shoot. I can pass. I can dribble. I was always tall and I’ve just been blessed with a lot of talent."

Reaction Score
This is a quote from JJ a while back. Can see how using the Daniel Hamilton angle can benefit UConn here:

Justin Jackson
“I like to call myself Mr. do-it-all,” he said. “Not to be cocky, but that’s how I see my game. Ever since I was young I was able to do a little bit of everything. I can shoot. I can pass. I can dribble. I was always tall and I’ve just been blessed with a lot of talent."
In other words..... Come to UConn , you have the talent, we have the system that will allow you to average a triple double.

Reaction Score
More I read, the more I'm liking this. If he can play some 4 right off the bat, that can really enable some exciting lineups. Spread people out 4 penetrators wide with Brimah lurking for a lob when his man helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom