SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, same goes for MAL. Oz says he sees the depth here and may now be a Providence lean. Some guys don't want to compete for a starting position, some want to walk in day 1 and already have a starting spot.
Not at all the same thing, we have a McDonald's All-American who will be a sophomore at point guard and another All-American talent who will be a junior at combo guard and hopefully a freshman McDonald's all-American at combo guard.

Reaction Score
You're certifiable, a terrible poster, and generally flat-out wrong. So I'm going to take this as good news for us landing Jackson.

Among those in the recruiting 'know' on this board, I'd put you last, behind many of the old fogies on the woman's board as well.

I never say a word about our chances to land a recruit unless I talk to a player about it. And in this case, I did.

Reaction Score
Well, same goes for MAL. Oz says he sees the depth here and may now be a Providence lean. Some guys don't want to compete for a starting position, some want to walk in day 1 and already have a starting spot.
That's horrible if true, MAL is a must get.

Reaction Score
That's horrible if true, MAL is a must get.

It is. It's on Oz's twitter if you want to check it out. But I agree with you. After Diallo, MAL should be our top priority.

Reaction Score
I never say a word about our chances to land a recruit unless I talk to a player about it. And in this case, I did.
Who did you talk to and what exactly did he say?

Reaction Score
It is. It's on Oz's twitter if you want to check it out. But I agree with you. After Diallo, MAL should be our top priority.
Oz is just speculating. He's not speaking for MAL nor is he hinting at any conversation he had with MAL.

Reaction Score
Not sure I buy that.

Oregon SF/PFs: Dillon Brooks (32 mpg); Jordan Bell (20 mpg); Chris Boucher (26 mpg); Roman Sorkin (6 mpg); 2 incoming freshmen

UConn SF/PFs: Kentan Facey (13 mpg); 3 incoming freshmen

Oregon is probably a top five team preseason. It would be hard for me to imagine that it's playing time that steers him there. With Maryland losing so much, maybe they get involved.

Reaction Score
Oz is just speculating. He's not speaking for MAL nor is he hinting at any conversation he had with MAL.

He is connected with Ollie though and I'm assuming that's where he got the info from.

Reaction Score
He is connected with Ollie though and I'm assuming that's where he got the info from.
He's speculating that with a backcourt of Alterique, Jalen and Hamidou MAL would be scared off by lack of playing time. It's the exact opposite of our situation at forward now. Our forwards aren't scaring anybody off right now, that's for sure.

Reaction Score
Let's keep in mind the player I talked to could be wrong. When I talked to Enoch, he said Taurean Thompson loved UConn and we could expect a commitment before the end of his visit. And we know how that worked out.

Reaction Score
He's speculating that with a backcourt of Alterique, Jalen and Hamidou MAL would be scared off by lack of playing time. It's the exact opposite of our situation at forward now. Our forwards aren't scaring anybody off right now, that's for sure.

Yes I understand that. But even though our forwards aren't scaring anybody off, we still have a lot of them. We have 2 SF's and 3 PF's. Like I said though, some guys sort of want starting spots handed to them. That wouldn't be the case at UConn. While JJ could definitely start at the 4, it's no given.

Reaction Score
Plus Oregon is bringing back Chris Boucher and Jordan Bell. This makes no sense whatsoever and I'm calling shenanigans.

Reaction Score
JimOllie, you aren't making any sense in this thread. You're coming off extremely Chief like.

Reaction Score
Yes I understand that. But even though our forwards aren't scaring anybody off, we still have a lot of them. We have 2 SF's and 3 PF's. Like I said though, some guys sort of want starting spots handed to them. That wouldn't be the case at UConn. While JJ could definitely start at the 4, it's no given.
Nor would it be the case at Oregon. If he wants immediate starting time, he should be going to Maryland.

Reaction Score
I know what I heard. If you don't believe me, no problem.

I can corroborate this. I was just in a meeting with JimOllie and an inside source - let's call him Jim C...no wait that's too obvious...let's call him J. Calhoun- and he debriefed us on the situation.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I can corroborate this. I was just in a meeting with JimOllie and an inside source - let's call him Jim C...no wait that's too obvious...let's call him J. Calhoun- and he debriefed us on the situation.
Did he also raise concern about certain school policies?

Reaction Score
JimOllie, you aren't making any sense in this thread. You're coming off extremely Chief like.
What if Chief is his source?

Fellas, I think we've found the rat...

Reaction Score
@JimOllie talked to a player and passed on a tidbit of opinion from that player. As long as that fact is legit, I don't see how it matters whether the point is arguable on the merits. Somebody said what they said. Like all our 'inside' info, it is just 'for what it's worth. To say you talked to a player without disclosing the player's name seems proper to me, as long as the info is a truthful. I'd prefer to see such a post rather than shout it down because I don't have any sources on the team. What any member of the team thinks is at least interesting regardless how subsequent events play out.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You're certifiable, a terrible poster, and generally flat-out wrong. So I'm going to take this as good news for us landing Jackson.

Among those in the recruiting 'know' on this board, I'd put you last, behind many of the old fogies on the woman's board as well.

I don't know JimOllie nor do I care who he knows or doesn't know
I do know your post here sucks
you cut him up as well as posters on the ladies side
must be wonderful to be you

Reaction Score
Didn't Maryland just get lg gill and he's a 5th year power forward who did well at Duquesne? I have no idea what else they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom