Seton Hall Post Game Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
A lot of people claim our coaching staff can recruit talent, but how can you say that given what we are watching?
First time I’m questioning this myself. In his 5 years here who has he recruited that we’d actually want to see starting for us in a final four game? I’d argue Bouk and Clingan are it, maybe Cole...
Still waiting for Hurley to convince me he’s the right guy.
I was prob in the top 1% of Hurley supporters before we lost 5 in 6 and became the most underachieving team in school history. Now I’m firmly in the camp of if he doesn’t win a game this march, then I don’t care what he may or may not be able to do with next year’s #3 class, because as explained above, it prob won’t be as good as advertised.

Reaction Score
Wow. Imagine this team if Cole stayed… or even if Gaff stayed. Hate all you want but he was a point guard…

It always bothered me that Hurley thought he could rebuild the backcourt from scratch — starting with zero guards — during the offseason. It just seemed reckless, like poor risk management. I thought I was dead wrong when the season started.
Gaffney is a smaller, worse version of Newton.

Reaction Score
Yeah not very inspiring — especially those two no shows — but decent assist/TO. Anyway, rag on it but we need trustworthy hands. It’s terrifying watching the ball come up the court right now.
Diarra has earned more playing time. I trust him more than anyone else.

Can’t believe I actually typed that.

Reaction Score
For the record, I hate that I Like this post.

I'd much rather just dismiss it by criticizing the sarcastic sentence about the refs, and calling out the exaggeration of "one iota of heart."
Find me the lie

Reaction Score
You think during the game Luke Murray is thinking to himself with 3 minutes left in a one possession game… “what did Hurley plan for here?”

Luke was responsible for subs, Luke was responsible for defensive scheme changes. Luke was responsible for keeping Diarra on the bench too much tonight, and Clingan on the bench for the final defensive possession.

Hurley is responsible for the team, but not for the outcome tonight.
Why do you think Diarra should play more. He had 2 points, 1 assist and took 2 horrible 3 point shots in 15 minutes. And he should play more.also committed 4 fouls in 15 minutes.

Reaction Score
Why do you think Diarra should play more. He had 2 points, 1 assist and took 2 horrible 3 point shots in 15 minutes. And he should play more.also committed 4 fouls in 15 minutes.
Tell me who else pushes the ball and initiates ball movement?

His defense intensity alone garners more minutes.

But we’re choosing between imperfect pieces here, there’s isn’t a clear answer to the PG woes

Reaction Score
this team has lost any semblance of the chemistry and resolve it had before conference play. Everyone needs to do some soul searching.
Each game gets tighter for them to win too. Winning this by a point or two would have been good for these guys. I’ve never witnessed anything like we’re seeing right now. Alleyne not playing much may say something too though ,I’m irresponsibly guessing here. I’d almost say take the next days to just watch film and shoot around real easy like, cause we looked totally labotomised(?). I feel the pressure these guys have. It’s toxic.

Reaction Score
How can you not play one single possession of zone in the second half? Seton Hall is an incredibly weak team and we let them hang around and eventually steal the game. That was an absolute embarrassment.
Everyone realizes Tom Moore was calling the defense tonight right? He’s a maestro. UConn legend on the bench. Why wouldn’t he zone?

Reaction Score
First time I’m questioning this myself. In his 5 years here who has he recruited that we’d actually want to see starting for us in a final four game? I’d argue Bouk and Clingan are it, maybe Cole...

I was prob in the top 1% of Hurley supporters before we lost 5 in 6 and became the most underachieving team in school history. Now I’m firmly in the camp of if he doesn’t win a game this march, then I don’t care what he may or may not be able to do with next year’s #3 class, because as explained above, it prob won’t be as good as advertised.
Who says that team stays at #3? We keep this up we may be facing a 2016 situation and that scares me cause the last guy at least got us a ring and conference title in 16.

Reaction Score
Everyone realizes Tom Moore was calling the defense tonight right? He’s a maestro. UConn legend on the bench. Why wouldn’t he zone?
Probably because the team has only practiced a Swiss cheese 1-3-1

Reaction Score
We have a collection of unaffiliated parts on the court.

We do not have a point guard. We do not really have a true shooting guard - Hawkins is something close, but he’s something of a catch and shoot type with very little else to offer. I don’t know what Newton, Diarra, Alleyne and California are at this point aside from just generally being misfit portal part rentals.

Karaban and Clingan are freshmen. Sanogo doesn’t know if he wants to be a power forward or a wing. Jackson is everything and nothing.

At this point, I’d just bench Karaban and play Clingan. Let Newton run the point - let Jackson just do whatever he can figure out to do. Remind Sanogo that the ball will not explode if he passes it back out. Stop telling Hawkins he’s Ray Allen when he’s not.
You want Karaban benched? I agree he's playing too many minutes but he's one of the only guys playing the right way. Moving the ball, cutting, getting open for the proper shots. Sanogo missed him at least 4 times when Karaban was begging for the ball and Adama was looking right at him. His defense is also getting better, he was the one down low in the last couple minutes making defensive plays. Sanogo needs to be benched, he was laughably bad today and he's been outplayed in 7 of the 9 Big East games.

Reaction Score
I thought about just putting four guys out there, but I have been convinced that I cannot bench everyone.
Frankly, at this point I'd like to see a lineup of Newton, Diarra, Alleyne, and Jackson with Sanogo, if only for the comic relief of watching a big get quintuple-teamed while the other four stand around helplessly on the perimeter shrugging their shoulders

Reaction Score
Thats exactly it. When you turn it over 12 times, your bigs forget how to control the paint on both ends, you cant hit a gimmie, your conference player of the year refuses to dunk, you have your best scorer taking an abysmal deep 3 while up a possession, you dont have Clingan in to grab the most important rebound of the game, Sanogo refuses to foul up 1 with 5 seconds to play and allows a guy to get a layup….

But yeah the refs are the reason we lost. People need to look in the mirror and realize this team is underperforming in every aspect of the game. If you dont think thats the issue then nothing can be said to prove you wrong. We let every opponent play the style they want and we have not proven we have one iota of heart in the last 3 weeks
Frankly, at this point I'd like to see a lineup of Newton, Diarra, Alleyne, and Jackson with Sanogo, if only for the comic relief of watching a big get quintuple-teamed while the other four stand around helplessly on the perimeter shrugging their shoulders
And the big still wouldn’t be able to find someone to pass to

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Find me the lie
There's no lie to find.

I was agreeing with you.

I dislike that I found what you wrote to be essentially true, because it means I have to accept the pain that goes with facing uncomfortable realities.

None of that is against you.

Your sarcasm about the refs might give me some cheap hit of comfort, and might lessen the upset, but to what good purpose? None.

And I can also see more than "not one iota of heart," but it's still not all that good. Again, that's no personal criticism of you.

What you wrote forced me to face feelings I dislike. I'd rather not.

I couldn't feel the full effect without noting where I had less than full agreement with you. I really truly wish I didn't agree with you. I wish I were watching a team that played well and won games. I'm pretty sure you feel that way too.

Reaction Score
Between the missed layup and this effort… start Clingan

1) Yeah Sanogo has to do better. Try to help with the boxout that Andre was attempting.

2) This angle just makes me so annoyed about how unlucky it was. The shot literally drops straight down directly into the hands of the only player on their team on the inside of 4 of our guys. Even if it's a long rebound, there's only 2 seconds left and there may not have been enough time to even get a decent shot off.

Orc

Reaction Score
You want Karaban benched? I agree he's playing too many minutes but he's one of the only guys playing the right way. Moving the ball, cutting, getting open for the proper shots. Sanogo missed him at least 4 times when Karaban was begging for the ball and Adama was looking right at him. His defense is also getting better, he was the one down low in the last couple minutes making defensive plays. Sanogo needs to be benched, he was laughably bad today and he's been outplayed in 7 of the 9 Big East games.
Agreed. He has regressed significantly. Hope his performance early in the season is good enough to get him drafted in some league in europe.

Reaction Score
There's no lie to find.

I was agreeing with you.

I dislike that I found what you wrote to be essentially true, because it means I have to accept the pain that goes with facing uncomfortable realities.

None of that is against you.

Your sarcasm about the refs might give me some cheap hit of comfort, and might lessen the upset, but to what good purpose? None.

And I can also see more than "not one iota of heart," but it's still not all that good. Again, that's no personal criticism of you.

What you wrote forced me to face feelings I dislike. I'd rather not.

I couldn't feel the full effect without noting where I had less than full agreement with you. I really truly wish I didn't agree with you. I wish I were watching a team that played well and won games. I'm pretty sure you feel that way too.
Yes I have stayed positive until this point. Today I have nothing positive left to give. I appreciate you and everyone else here for giving me an outlet to spew vitriol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom