Seton Hall Post Game Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Who cares about who is coming in next year? We are only half way through this season. Let's fix the issues we have with the current team and get some W's. Need to execute set plays- especially in last 3 minutes, body up and box out on both sides, limit turnovers.
A few small changes will yield better results.

Reaction Score
Trash team onto the next season

Hurley likes recruiting players who don’t know what offense is
Or boxing out; or defense played with one’s feet, not hands; or overplaying to force a dribbler to the middle, not giving baseline; or…………………………………ad nauseum.

And stop with the ref baiting. THEY did not blow a 14 point halftime lead.

Reaction Score
A junior year Albie Mouring with his ability to hit threes while tightly guarded, along with his gaudy 48% 3pt shooting percentage, would be much appreciated on this current team.

Reaction Score
He hit a big 3 tonight, and he can hit them when wide open. I'm more concerned with the fact that he has no touch around the basket. He has trouble making a layup, his floaters are just ugly.
This right here. I guess I would like him to be able to finish around the basket like a Colby Jones or hell even a Tyler Kolek who is a great passer

Reaction Score
It literally can’t get any worse so why not play Clingan and Sanogo at the same time. Clingan should be playing 25 minutes at the very least every game here on out

Reaction Score
Pander was the wrong word.

I’ll try again. We know what you were getting at. And you do to. It’s cool. But don’t act like you didn’t.
oh please. bite me. it's a mild comment and you're using it as some sort of gotcha just to fit some narrative you have in your mind.

Reaction Score
oh please. bite me. it's a mild comment and you're using it as some sort of gotcha just to fit some narrative you have in your mind.
Boooooooo lmaoo. Okay bud

Reaction Score
He’s playing about 35 a game right now - about ten of those minutes will be going to Clingan when I become coach.
Wait, does that mean Sanogos minutes aren’t changing under your leadership?

Reaction Score
Sanogo missing that layup looked like he choked...like maybe he was nervous and afraid to miss such a simple elementary play. Also, why didn't he just dunk it instead, he didn't seem to be that heavily guarded.
Because he can’t dunk

Reaction Score
You're spotted a 14 point lead to play 20 minutes. A lot has to go wrong to blow it and that includes the bs charge call on Newton. No doubt about it.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
No one on this team is a “dog”. No one can sack up, grab the ball and make a play. Every other year that’s a guard. We don’t have that guy. Soft is the bottom line.
Actually, Joey did it in the Georgetown game.

Yes, he's an unlikely choice for what you wrote, but it's also something that happened and can be pointed to. And if you find the implications of that disturbing, that's the next conversation to have. I certainly did write this to contradict you. You are much more right than wrong.

At this point, we simply gotta start where we are.

Reaction Score
Now this I can get behind. The only decent point guard was an undersized transfer.

BTW, where are all the people that were convinced that Newton was better than Cole? With Cole, we win at least two of the five, probably more.
Wow. Imagine this team if Cole stayed… or even if Gaff stayed. Hate all you want but he was a point guard…

It always bothered me that Hurley thought he could rebuild the backcourt from scratch — starting with zero guards — during the offseason. It just seemed reckless, like poor risk management. I thought I was dead wrong when the season started.

Reaction Score
No one will want to hear this but 5 or 6 BE teams are about equal and can knock each other off any given game. Our guard play was so much better early OOC but now we know.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Wow. Imagine this team if Cole stayed… or even if Gaff stayed. Hate all you want but he was a point guard…

It always bothered me that Hurley thought he could rebuild the backcourt from scratch — starting with zero guards — during the offseason. It just seemed reckless, like poor risk management. I thought I was dead wrong when the season started.
Gaffney was not good. I don't know why this is even brought up.

Reaction Score
No one ever said good. I said he was a PG.
1674100192485.png

This what ya want?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Thats exactly it. When you turn it over 12 times, your bigs forget how to control the paint on both ends, you cant hit a gimmie, your conference player of the year refuses to dunk, you have your best scorer taking an abysmal deep 3 while up a possession, you dont have Clingan in to grab the most important rebound of the game, Sanogo refuses to foul up 1 with 5 seconds to play and allows a guy to get a layup….

But yeah the refs are the reason we lost. People need to look in the mirror and realize this team is underperforming in every aspect of the game. If you dont think thats the issue then nothing can be said to prove you wrong. We let every opponent play the style they want and we have not proven we have one iota of heart in the last 3 weeks
For the record, I hate that I Like this post.

I'd much rather just dismiss it by criticizing the sarcastic sentence about the refs, and calling out the exaggeration of "one iota of heart."

Reaction Score
I also couldn't stand listening to Tim Brando. He is really subpar as announcers go.
He was downright insufferable and sounding senile getting at least 5 calls wrong when it was obvious

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom