Seton Hall Post Game Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
He hit a big 3 tonight, and he can hit them when wide open. I'm more concerned with the fact that he has no touch around the basket. He has trouble making a layup, his floaters are just ugly.
Seems like too many of our players have this no touch around the rim problem. Panic shooting!

Reaction Score
I've been clear that unless Hurley starts winning in March he's not the answer, I'm just not going to blame him for tonight. And don't need to read your mind, though I guess to be fair you did still credit it as a Hurley win

what did I miss? is that not funny? some of you misinterpret things just to get a messageboard W

Reaction Score
Once again, responsibility does not always equal blame.

I’m assuming Nate Oats is responsible for what Darius Miles did too?
on some level? yeah. was Art Briles? What about Urban Meyer?

Reaction Score
Gesus, I hate gripes about calls or non calls, or refs or some other garbage.
We lost that game with sustained terrible play, not because some ref didn't toot his whistle. How about we stop worrying bout things we can't control, and focus on ending this freefall? The refs are not why we lost. Let it go.
Right it’s our poor playing.

Reaction Score
what did I miss? is that not funny? some of you misinterpret things just to get a messageboard W
“His biggest win was in the locker room” is not a dig?? We know what crowd that was pandering to.

Reaction Score
I've been watching UConn basketball since 1987 and seen almost every single game the men have played in that time. Other than being on a plane or at work where I couldn't steal stream I've seen every one. I watched all the games during the bad seasons when I knew they would lose. I went to games I knew they would lose. And I loved it.
Given the start to this season and what I have seen the last few weeks I have never ever seen anything this demonstrably bad in all that time. Everyone who wants Clingan to play 85 minutes a game hasn't figured out yet that he isn't rescuing this team. Nothing is. I threw my schedule in the garbage and am not going to watch another game until the BET just because it is usually fun. That will likely be disappointing as well. If I'm completely wrong and my negativity turns the tide you can thank me later. Sports is entertainment and I'm not entertained. I'm done.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Also where are those KenPom nerds now?
I don't buy into that stuff anymore. Last couple of years to including the start of this year. Two years ago, final four team, same as last year, this year best in the nation. I stopped buying the hype. I feel much better.

Reaction Score
No doubt they were dreadful but not the reason. I mean Seton Hall isn’t any good you can’t lose that game if you’re any good at all. Obviously they’re not!
I get it. Not the sole reason we lose, of course there were a number of mistakes made on our part, but those are also KEY KEY FOULS NOT CALLED! It's so unbelievably frustrating.

Excluding Marquette, which I thought was as fairly a called game as any this season, here's the FT disparity in our losses:

Xavier: 28 to 9 FTs
Providence: 35 to 19 FTs
St Johns: 37 to 27 FTs
Seton Hall: 25 to 14 FTs

What is going on here!? Are we really that much more undisciplined than our opponents?

Reaction Score
“His biggest win was in the locker room” is not a dig?? We know what crowd that was pandering to.
i don't pander to anyone. I don't care about messageboard likes and dislikes.

Reaction Score
I also couldn't stand listening to Tim Brando. He is really subpar as announcers go.

Reaction Score
i don't pander to anyone. I don't care about messageboard likes and dislikes.
Pander was the wrong word.

I’ll try again. We know what you were getting at. And you do to. It’s cool. But don’t act like you didn’t.

Reaction Score
There was a lot of unfortunate variance that went against us. That no call and Sanogos layup were the some of the worst luck I’ve seen.
Even the miss at the end was a lousy break. If it's a more typical miss, instead of one that clangs hard off the side of the rim and almost straight down, the ball is probably tipped around and time expires.

Reaction Score
I get it. Not the sole reason we lose, of course there were a number of mistakes made on our part, but those are also KEY KEY FOULS NOT CALLED! It's so unbelievably frustrating.

Excluding Marquette, which I thought was as fairly a called game as any this season, here's the FT disparity in our losses:

Xavier: 28 to 9 FTs
Providence: 35 to 19 FTs
St Johns: 37 to 27 FTs
Seton Hall: 25 to 14 FTs

What is going on here!? Are we really that much more undisciplined than our opponents?
Yes we are.

Also we are not a team that attacks the rim. St Johns and SH did that consistently and that is why they won both of those games by getting easy 2's or getting fouled and hitting their free throws.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
This sums up what I feel like right now:

Announcer: "UConn at 14-0 looks like the best team in the country despite their #2 ranking. Who CANT these boys beat?"

UConn: "Hold my Beer."

Another double digit lead implosion and UConn drops 5 of their last 6 games.
We will be out of the rankings in two weeks.

Reaction Score
We didn't deserve this game at all - and this isn't a bash the refs thread. But one call...this one call, at the end of the game gives us two free throws in a one point game View attachment 83172 . Again, this wasn't the reason we lost, but holy cow is it frustrating.
But didn't we let it get too close of a game well before this? Very poor shoot/passing in the second half gave away this game. We just didn't show up in the second half, played very long 30 second clock, even ran it out on several occasions. Guards need to take charge and don't.

Reaction Score
In 2nd half, 3 from Sanogo, 3 from Clingan, 2 from Karaban, and 1 from Alleyne. That's nine.

If you figure 60% makes on those, that's 10 pts.
Thank you for counting that. I was disappointed and annoyed with all of them. It brought memories of the Nova game at the Garden last year

Reaction Score
LOL - Did we lead just lead for roughly 39 mins and 55 seconds and still lose he game? Is this new all time low? Can we end the Diarra experiment? Dude, shoots like 25%, 12% from 3, has made two 3 pointers since November, he pounds the ball into the floor for 15+ seconds of our offensive possessions so we rarely get a good shot. But people think he plays good defense because he waves his hands really, really fast despite losing his guy constantly... but we compound it by playing him with other non scorers in Jackson, Newton and Alleyne.... We need to find ways to score easier. Playing multiple guys who can't score at the same time makes us easy to defend. Annoying...

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
They can't close! Since year one, Hurleys teams can not close. At 10:00 2nd half we had already squandered a 14 point lead.

What happened after that, as ugly as it was - was inevitable. We've blown so many leads, and failed to take advantage of so many golden opportunities it's become our identity. As Holloway said in the huddle "they got nothin". Strong competitors sniff that out.

They don't believe in themselves. They don't forget how to play basketball. They play scared. They play chaotic. You can see it.
That's lack of top leadership and mental discipline, not Xs and Os.

Reaction Score
At this point, I just want the guys who are playing well in that night's game out there. Whatever shooting slump Joey might be in (he's hit 3 the past two games so maybe he's coming out of it) or whatever you feel like he lacks on defense, would he do worse than what the other guards have been doing? Outside of hawk, they can't shoot either. I say let Joey play more. He makes smart plays on offense, makes good cuts, and has pretty good vision.

Somebody posted the +/- in the chat for clingan and sanogo. That difference favored clingan by almost 20 pts tonight. He should have been playing down the stretch. If there's a game where that +/- is the opposite, then you ride sanogo. Coach to the game you're playing, not to some predetermined subbing scheme or lineups. Play the guys who are winning you THIS game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom