Seton Hall Post Game Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Post Game Thread

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Diarra is a little better at point. At least he can race the ball up court most of the time. Pressure D is coming often the rest of the way. Any coach that isn’t applying constant ball pressure against us is a fool.
Diarra is our best on ball defender and is the best player on the team period at getting to the rim. May be the only one capable.

He’s just very turnover prone at the same time.

Reaction Score
ok buddy, you can read my mind. you stans are ridiculous.
I've been clear that unless Hurley starts winning in March he's not the answer, I'm just not going to blame him for tonight. And don't need to read your mind, though I guess to be fair you did still credit it as a Hurley win

Reaction Score
Here's a simple concept maybe if our PG actually started gaining some momentum instead of walking the ball up the court he would be able to actual get by his guy whose starting to pressure him at 3/4 court and then what would be really neat is that same PG once he got by his man would get into the pain and either kick it to a shooter or throw the ball up high to DC

Reaction Score
You think during the game Luke Murray is thinking to himself with 3 minutes left in a one possession game… “what did Hurley plan for here?”

Luke was responsible for subs, Luke was responsible for defensive scheme changes. Luke was responsible for keeping Diarra on the bench too much tonight, and Clingan on the bench for the final defensive possession.

Hurley is responsible for the team, but not for the outcome tonight.
Another mistake on Luke was blowing all his timeouts except for one in the first 10 minutes of the second half. Was thinking that would not be good if the game ended up close.

That and him not playing any zone defense in the second half.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We have a collection of unaffiliated parts on the court.

We do not have a point guard. We do not really have a true shooting guard - Hawkins is something close, but he’s something of a catch and shoot type with very little else to offer. I don’t know what Newton, Diarra, Alleyne and California are at this point aside from just generally being misfit portal part rentals.

Karaban and Clingan are freshmen. Sanogo doesn’t know if he wants to be a power forward or a wing. Jackson is everything and nothing.

At this point, I’d just bench Karaban and play Clingan. Let Newton run the point - let Jackson just do whatever he can figure out to do. Remind Sanogo that the ball will not explode if he passes it back out. Stop telling Hawkins he’s Ray Allen when he’s not.

Reaction Score
You didn’t. But you bash Hurley because “he’s responsible” when he’s not even in the same damn state.
he is responsible! it's his program! you people are insane.

Reaction Score
nah the difference between UConn fans and Hurleystans is that UConn fans know that the season is Hurley's responsibility and no one elses
I’ve been a UConn fan since I was 6 years old. Shut Up. You are no more of a fan than anyone else. No one disagrees that Hurley has done a poor job the last 2 weeks. I have no idea who you’re referring too

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
neuschwanstein castle GIF

Reaction Score
Let's be real here. Here's most likely the rest of our schedule:

Butler W
Xavier L
DePaul W
Georgetown W
Marquette L
Creighton L
Seton Hall W
Providence W
St. John's W
DePaul W
Villanova L

22-9. 11-9 in the Big East. This is not a championship caliber team. This is a bubble team that should be seeded 8 or 9 in the NCAA tourney that will be lucky to make it past the first round. Unless a major turnaround happens, hang up your dreams of #5. Last year's team wasn't the most skilled, but they were tough. They were able to take care of business against the bad Big East teams and for the most part, split with the best, and grind it out in the tough games and OT. We actually played two halfs of decent basketball, not one great half and one awful half. We actually played defense and rebounded, with a real PG leading us.

And don't bring up "Oh we beat Alabama! Oh we beat Iowa State! We're so good!". No we are not. Last year we also beat Auburn (which was ranked first for a while) and Villanova. We still lost in the first round.

Reaction Score
I hate this "the team quit" crap. Honestly, the only time I've ever said that in the past 30 years was the 2014 game vs Louisville right before the BET. Even Shabazz looked like he gave up. Our guys were in this tonight to the last half minute. Missing some wide open threes and 9 layups/dunks in 2nd half is poor execution, but it's not quitting.
They show all the outward signs of quitting. The symptoms look the same. Poor execution can be straitened out in practice or at least m@de less bad.

Reaction Score
he is responsible! it's his program! you people are insane.
Once again, responsibility does not always equal blame.

I’m assuming Nate Oats is responsible for what Darius Miles did too?

Reaction Score
It’s just how it’s been rolling that the horrible 3 attempt ricochets straight down off the front iron into a SH players hands. But boxing out may have prevented that.

Just like boxing out would have prevented about a half dozen SH offensive rebounds that led to points tonight.

Still can’t keep mediocre guards from penetrating into the paint at will.

Our offense looks completely disorganized & disjointed at the first sign of adversity.

Most amazing Jeckyl & Hyde season I’ve ever seen.

The only thing I’ll hang my hopes on at this point is that this crap show came on so unexpectedly that maybe it will disappear just as quickly.

Reaction Score
I’m not trying to pick on anyone or beat a dead horse….but our starting point guard needed to back his way over half court tonight.

One of the truly great coaching mysteries in the last 5 years is the failure of Hurley to bring in a true point guard. We’re taking about a guy who should know a thing or two about the position. And he’s 0-UConn. Mind boggling.

Now this I can get behind. The only decent point guard was an undersized transfer.

BTW, where are all the people that were convinced that Newton was better than Cole? With Cole, we win at least two of the five, probably more.

Reaction Score
“Nothing to see here” - every nba scout in attendance

Reaction Score
Do our coaches follow Peyton Manning?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230118_202625_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230118_202625_Facebook.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 89
Reaction Score
Dan, is it still coming ?

I understand Hurley isn’t going anywhere with a top 5 class coming in and I’m sure the university doesn’t want to eat another contract (whatever he has left or whatever the buyout is).

But are we convinced yet that he is the right guy?

Five years in and we’re still waiting for meaningful wins in March

Five years in and I can’t think of one player who has gotten better under Hurley.

I get it … program was a dumpster fire when he got here. But what is right now? Five years in and it’s in free fall.

Maybe the season turns around and we get to the second weekend and we can forget about this night and this month. I’m always hopeful. But that seems so improbable at the moment.

it’s a mess right now and I am firmly with the camp that you don’t blame 20 year old kids you blame the guy making $4 million a year.

Still waiting for Hurley to convince me he’s the right guy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom