September 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures | Page 10 | The Boneyard

September 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Sloot needed to get the ball over half court within 10 seconds. I think that was "in trouble."

Stef was open in the middle of the floor. Sloot made a very poor decision.
I thought it is eight seconds in WBB. Anyway, point guards are supposed to see the whole floor.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I thought it is eight seconds in WBB. Anyway, point guards are supposed to see the whole floor.
Good question! I researched it before I wrote that. I found that the W had a 10-second rule, but that may have been old info. I know it was 8 seconds in the W in 2016, because of the controversial call in the L.A. v. Minnesota game. In any case, there is a time limit to get across half court.

Reaction Score
Upon further review, Coach Wade and the ref had a pretty good look at the play to make a definite call or no call. It looks like the ref was 15 feet away. No call ???

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Pretty compelling photo posted by his wife. This sure looks out.

The official on that side of the court was in a perfect position to make the call if he was looking at her feet and the line.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Re watch the replay, if you can. None of the players on the Chicago bench were pointing to the player being out of bounds. They did start to mimic their coaches antics after he started pointing. Usually the players will react immediately to that type of play. None did, when Hamby "supposedly" stepped out, or didnt.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Re watch the replay, if you can. None of the players on the Chicago bench were pointing to the player being out of bounds. They did start to mimic their coaches antics after he started pointing. Usually the players will react immediately to that type of play. None did, when Hamby "supposedly" stepped out, or didnt.
Your attempts to make everything single thing fit your agenda of James Wade being wrong about everything are growing increasingly weak.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Your attempts to make everything single thing fit your agenda of James Wade being wrong about everything are growing increasingly weak.
That was not the intent of my post. Read it again. Players react, in all sports to a call. How many times have you seen a baseball dugout waving safe on a play that was out, or football players on a sideline waving the player stepped out or juggled the ball before catching it inbounds. None of the Sky players were pointing to a player being out of bounds "when the play happened" Only when Wade waved his arms, which if he felt Hamby was out he should have. Many people also posted how Sloot blew the play and never mentioned it was Sloot who got the Sky the ball when she deflected it off the Aces player right before. One second your a bum and prior to that you were a hero?
Had the Sky players thought Hamby was out they would have been pointing to it as it happened, even if they were wrong, they didnt. 2 of the Sky players, Lou and another player at the end of the bench, standing almost on the side line past the base line had a better view than most. DeShields had a great view. as the pass was meant for her, and she didnt either.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
To interject some levity, I thought this was cute. Of couse the topic of crazy fans tryign to reach players is not funny but once it was diffused, the response by Chiney was very funny imo.

"Nneka was doing her interview, and I always like to stay with her; we walk off the court together," Chiney Ogwumike told the Los Angeles Daily News. "And out of the corner of my eye, I saw, 'Oh, shoot, like what's going on here?' And some dude was coming at us. And so I just jumped in, because I'm expendable -- she is not! We need her. Middle sister gotta always take one for the team. So yeah, I think it was a fan who wanted to get to us. We're fine."

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Alyssa Thomas is going nuts for the Sun. If she gets any help from her teammates they'll be in great shape. She's scored 13 of their 15 on 6-7 shooting. Connecticut up 15-14.

edit--and Chiney got heartily jeered by the crowd when she checked in

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
A pair of 3's late stretches the lead to 21-14 at the end of Q1. Gray/Williams are scoreless thus far for LA, gonna have to get some scoring from their back court.

edit--the 3's were both Jasmine Thomas. So the Thomas's are winning the game 19-14.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I don't know what it is, Jonquel Jones has been nearly invisible every time I've watched Connecticut this year. I know she's supposed to be really good, but not while I'm watching.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Connecticut was up 11 early in Q2, but LA responded, now within 2. Nneka is going off now, 13 points on 6-7 shooting + 7 rebounds. Courtney Williams has gotten going. Gray and R. Williams are a combined 2-9 from the floor for the Sparks. 35-33 2:43 in Q2.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
40-37 LA at the half. It's the Nneka and Candace show. 11-14 FG 25 points 13 rebounds 3 blocks 3 assists combined, and 3-4 behind the arc.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Parker having the best game I have seen from her in a while. Besides her offense, totally taking JJ out of the game.

Here comes the draft lottery. Come on Liberty

Reaction Score
Lottery Results:
1. New York Liberty
2. Dallas Wings
3. Indiana Fever
4. Atlanta Dream

Any thoughts on who the Fever should take with #3?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lottery Results:
1. New York Liberty
2. Dallas Wings
3. Indiana Fever
4. Atlanta Dream

Any thoughts on who the Fever should take with #3?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Reaction Score
I forgot Atlanta was the 2 seed last year. Holy cow. That screwed them for this draft. Poor Sabrina. But I think Cox to Dallas will be very good

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Poor Sabrina

How is Tina at playing pick and roll hoops? Hebard has made a living not shooting more than 5 feet from the hoop playing alongside Ionescu. Charles' FG% should go up next season.

Reaction Score
How is Tina at playing pick and roll hoops? Hebard has made a living not shooting more than 5 feet from the hoop playing alongside Ionescu. Charles' FG% should go up next season.
Katie Smith is a dumpster fire of a coach so far. That's why I feel sorry for her.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
11-2 Connecticut run to start Q3, mostly on 3's. Fisher calls a TO.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ruffin-Pratt has been okay, but Gray and R. Williams have been brutal. 2-11 0-7 behind the arc, only 4 points.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom