September 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures | Page 9 | The Boneyard

September 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Who wants it more? LV up 1 w/ just over 2 minutes left. Game has been a bit sloppy and disjointed at times, but overall very entertaining.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Cambage playing as well and as composed as I have seen her. She decided this is not the best time for temper tantrums.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
No scoring for either team for several sequences, but Ndour just hit a big 3 from the corner. 92-90 Sky w/ 24 seconds left.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cambage playing as well and as composed as I have seen her. She decided this is not the best time for temper tantrums.

Yeah she's had a big game 23 points 16 boards 6 blocks.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
LV has been outscored 7-0 in the last 3 1/2 minutes, just turned it over again. Kinda looking like they gave this game away.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I don't think Plum has taken a shot in Q4. After scoring 11 in Q3, she maybe should've been looking for her shot.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sloot was dribbling around avoiding a foul and trying to run out the clock. She threw a long pass, Hamby intercepted it at halfcourt, had no idea how much time was left so just launched about a 40 footer. It went in. 4.8 seconds left.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wow, Aces stole that one. Has to be one of the stranger finishes to a game I've seen.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Rooted for the Sky but Hamby is such a great story of perseverance. Tough way to lose it on Sloot's hand. If the Sky shot 3's to their normal level, it would not have been close. Washington will not be giving away such gifts.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if Chicago was in the bonus. In retrospect Sloot should've just let the Aces foul her.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
As an aside, was anyone else bothered by the repeated references to the league paying for charter flights for the winning teams? I get why that's important news from an insider's perspective, but for a casual fan, the whole discussion feels kind of bootleg, and if anything makes the product feel secondary to debates about the worth of women's basketball. I'm looking at the Sparks-Storm ESPN page, and right now the only video from that game that's available for replay is an interview with Nneka after the game about her views on getting the charter flight. No highlights. No recap. No interviews about the next round, who they play, Nneka winning the league's sportswoman of the year award. THIS IS A BASKETBALL GAME NOT AN EMPLOYEE GRIEVANCE MEETING. And holy moly, it's one charter flight, not the Taj Mahal.

Maybe it's just me, but this stuff perpetuates the haters' perception that the league is secondarily about the product on the floor.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Vegas made circus shots to end both of the final two quarters. Lady Luck was definitely in effect.

Sloot just lets them foul and Chicago likely wins. You want either her or Quigley on the line so once it is in Sloot's hands she really shouldn't pass at all.

That said, 9 times out of 10 that prayer for Hamby is unanswered. Both made dumb plays. But Hamby's bonehead play worked out.

Sports are cruel.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
This is the worst loss I've experienced for one of my teams since the Music City Miracle.

Somehow worse than even ND-Baylor and Arike's missed free throw.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
When Sloot went into the back court the Chicago coach could have called a time out to get her out of trouble.
They had 3 left.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
When Sloot went into the back court the Chicago coach could have called a time out to get her out of trouble.
They had 3 left.

She wasn't in trouble. She was just killing time. She was only in trouble when Colson went to trap her and she threw it away before anyone could do anything

If she had picked up her dribble when the trap came, I'm sure Wade would have called timeout.

But I think she was just playing the keep away game and didn't see Hamby coming.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
She wasn't in trouble. She was just killing time. She was only in trouble when Colson went to trap her and she threw it away before anyone could do anything

If she had picked up her dribble when the trap came, I'm sure Wade would have called timeout.

But I think she was just playing the keep away game and didn't see Hamby coming.
Coach could have told her to wait and then called a time out.
You can blame the pg all you want or you can look at what alternatives there were to get out of the situation. What can I say, we see things different. It is always easy and quick to blame the player, because it is easy to do that.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Coach could have told her to wait and then called a time out.
You can blame the pg all you want or you can look at what alternatives there were to get out of the situation. What can I say, we see things different. It is always easy and quick to blame the player, because it is easy to do that.

There was no reason to tell her to wait because nothing was wrong. That's what I am saying.

It only became apparent there was a problem as the ball was in the air and Hamby was breaking for it.

Sloot saw Diamond calling for the ball. Diamond thought she was all alone so she stood still not thinking anyone was coming. And Hamby ran to the ball and jump in front. Just a great play by Hamby.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Sloot needed to get the ball over half court within 10 seconds. I think that was "in trouble."

Stef was open in the middle of the floor. Sloot made a very poor decision.

Reaction Score
Sloot needed to get the ball over half court within 10 seconds. I think that was "in trouble."

Stef was open in the middle of the floor. Sloot made a very poor decision.

I guess she is not the greatest PG in the history of the WNBA after all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom