Senior Night 4 participants | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Senior Night 4 participants

Reaction Score
You do realize that the “X more year(s)” chant existed decades before Sue Bird?
Yeah. Just my opinion, I don’t think the same one should be used. Fine for people to disagree.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Just my opinion, I don’t think the same one should be used. Fine for people to disagree.
Ummmmmm OK... Just trying to kick start the BY'rs attending the game to do something of a coordinated thing.

Got a better idea? I can't attend the game, so I can't get it started. Someone who can talk to the Student Section would be great too to get them in on it... but it needs to be coordinated verbage.

Just sayin'

Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun was well-respected by his players because he would tell them when and if they were ready to go pro. And several left early. But his honesty attracted other great players. recruits' parents always praise him for being honest.

If Dorka's dream is to play in the W and she's willing to wait a year then she'd stay. The salary of a bench player in the W doesn't allow champagne & lobster and you don't get to play much. UConn would be a more enjoyable time, would better prepare her and would certainly give her more exposure in the media.

Both Stevens and Tuck were staying until they found out their draft status so attending senior day may just be a way of recognizing her with her fellow class members. She graduated after 3 years but she's still a senior.

Or maybe not being allowed NIL money will make Euro play-for-pay more attractive.

Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun was well-respected by his players because he would tell them when and if they were ready to go pro. And several left early. But his honesty attracted other great players. recruits' parents always praise him for being honest.

If Dorka's dream is to play in the W and she's willing to wait a year then she'd stay. The salary of a bench player in the W doesn't allow champagne & lobster and you don't get to play much. UConn would be a more enjoyable time, would better prepare her and would certainly give her more exposure in the media.

Both Stevens and Tuck were staying until they found out their draft status so attending senior day may just be a way of recognizing her with her fellow class members. She graduated after 3 years but she's still a senior.

Or maybe not being allowed NIL money will make Euro play-for-pay more attractive.
Re: she's still a senior. That's exactly what she said as her reasoning for participating in senior's day this year. This is her senior year even though she graduated last year. She also sees the decision on whether to play again at UConn next year as unrelated to the senior day decision.

Reaction Score
Re: she's still a senior. That's exactly what she said as her reasoning for participating in senior's day this year. This is her senior year even though she graduated last year. She also sees the decision on whether to play again at UConn next year as unrelated to the senior day decision.
Yes, unrelated. There is no post-graduate day. If you are a senior, then senior day is for you.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Reiterating what has been previously stated here, Dorka will participate in senior day activities, but she HAS NOT made her decision on whether or not she will return for a 5th season. Fingers crossed everyone. :cool:

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm too dumb to figure this out but why are the guys holding up #22 jerseys?

Reaction Score
I made the same connection to Azure that you did.

I thought Azure could have benefited from another year to improve her post play and defense. But she went to the W where she put in three apprentice years instead. I only watched a little of the finals this year but her D has improved; her post play not so much.

After watching Stewie for four years, I sort of expected that every big could learn to play in and out the way she did. I have to remind myself that Azure, Dorka et. al. do not have Stewie’s incredible talents but can be more than good enough in their own way.

Good luck to Dorka if she goes...
Stewie was never afraid to play inside and out as some of the bigs are in today's game.
That's what separates Stewie from everyone else, she plays the entire 90 feet of the floor on offense, and defense.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
can a senior who has a year remaining and is staying still participate in Senior Night with the seniors that are leaving ?
Yep.

For what it’s worth, I think this is the smart move on her part. It keeps her options open. If the postseason is kind to her and to Connecticut, it’s possible she could get some WNBA interest. This allows her to experience a senior day at Connecticut if that turns out to be the case but does an obligate her to leave.

From what I’ve heard Dorka seems to be enjoying her time at Connecticut a great deal. As noted above by other posters, with Olivia leaving her role and playing time is likely to increase. And she does still have some things to improve on if she wants to play in the WNBA.

My best guess is she will be back next year, but if we were to win a natty and she were to leave I wouldn’t complain about it.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm too dumb to figure this out but why are the guys holding up #22 jerseys?

Maybe class of ‘22...
You guys are no fun. I would have come up with some kind of narrative about, I don’t know, say, Steve Burlington who was among the first male practice players for UConn women’s basketball, and perhaps the greatest. Then made up a history, some Geno quotes, (“sometimes I wish you guys were half a Burlington”) some UConn great quotes (Diana Taurasi once said “of all the players I’ve ever played against no one had half the heart of steel Burlington.“), etc.

Reaction Score
Yep.

For what it’s worth, I think this is the smart move on her part. It keeps her options open. If the postseason is kind to her and to Connecticut, it’s possible she could get some WNBA interest. This allows her to experience a senior day at Connecticut if that turns out to be the case but does an obligate her to leave.

From what I’ve heard Dorka seems to be enjoying her time at Connecticut a great deal. As noted above by other posters, with Olivia leaving her role and playing time is likely to increase. And she does still have some things to improve on if she wants to play in the WNBA.

My best guess is she will be back next year, but if we were to win a natty and she were to leave I wouldn’t complain about it.
I don't follow the WNBA or other pro leagues closely so I have no idea if Dorka would be a lock as a first-round pick and if not how often do second round picks stick in the league? I kind of view her as more of a four not a post and I haven't seen much of a mid-range game in her arsenal so I'm curious how she fits in the pro game......

CL82

Reaction Score
I don't follow the WNBA or other pro leagues closely so I have no idea if Dorka would be a lock as a first-round pick and if not how often do second round picks stick in the league? I kind of view her as more of a four not a post and I haven't seen much of a mid-range game in her arsenal so I'm curious how she fits in the pro game......
Yeah, I’m not the guy to answer this because I don’t follow it either. I kind of think of her as a 3 and D type.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom