Senior Night 4 participants | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Senior Night 4 participants

Reaction Score
I have it on double secret authority that

1. SC players are having trouble sleeping. The have been heard mumbling Paige, Azzi and Caroline under their breath.

2. Dawn has been texting everyone to be sure they use the right ball and to lobby for the non-championship that she feels should have been awarded.

3. And the SEC is investigating whether UConn can be banned from the tournament because Storrs is so close to Bristol.
Azzi and Caroline are freshman. look what happened to Diana Taurasi her freshman year in NCAA tournament. She went 1 for something. Not easy a high pressure game.

Reaction Score
To create an effective post of Dorka/ONO's quality takes years. Dorka is now just beginning to be as good as she may get.
Jessica Moore, from Alaska, took 2 or so years for CD to make her an OK post.
We look at 2 very nice kids. Athletic posts, if with a lot of PT and time to begin to be ONO or better. We cheer them, they deserve it. But they as Dickie V would say, they are not yet ready for Prime time. The Portal Post may be a shorter process.
I think Brady is college ready on the offensive end, while Patterson should be a dominant defensive and rebounding presence from the jump......if Edwards can become more consistent that's a pretty physical front line without even discussing Deberry and Gabriel......will they be perfect? heck no but they will be formidable.......

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
SC already beat UConn by double digits with Paige, Azzi, and Caroline, so they probably feel pretty good actually.
The players might feel good going in, but I doubt Dawn feels like it's a lock to win. She will be working her players very hard to make sure they don't feel any complancy

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
nope against the rules

Reaction Score
There's no way Morrow is going anywhere. She's a Chicago kid, her sister is on the team, and she is absolutely killing it under Bruno's tutelage. And, honestly, we should want more players like her sprinkled around the BE to lift the entire conference.
I thought Bruno was retiring after this year? I would think she would want to go where she can improve her game. Lots of players leave home / family to play with the best. Anyone remember Lou Lou Lou? Just sayin.

Reaction Score
Azzi still played 10 minutes in a game where three of the starters almost went the full 40, and it was ultimately the coach's decision not to use Caroline. South Carolina also lost Raven Johnson for the year about a week before our game if we're going to go down the injury rabbit hole. I prefer to say South Carolina beat us fair and square and leave it at that. No injury excuses, no the ball was too orange excuses, etc. If we meet again we'll see what happens as both teams are improved since that November game, but I'm pretty sure they're not afraid of or apprehensive about playing UConn as they already know they can beat us.
In the Nov. game versus SC, UConn solidly won the 1st quarter and was ahead at half. Fudd and Muhl barely played, Dorka was coming off injury and didn't play much, Caroline didn't play at all and Paige had one of her worst nights shooting. Suspect both schools know that they can win versus the other but the UConn team SC beat is almost a totally different team today.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She said shes coming back so we go with that and believe shes coming back. Deberry up top in Livs play, Dorka down low.
Until we hear different. Seems odd though that she will participate in senior day activities if she plans on coming back next year. We're getting conflicting signals here. No doubt she'll make her plans known for next year within a week or two after the season. These young adults can change their minds from one year to the next. We don't know if she has aspirations of playing in the W, or in the European leagues. I think UConn would be a much better team next year with her on the roster.

Remember Morgan Tuck said she would return for her senior year after setting out her sophomore year with a knee injury. Later she recanted and decided to participate in commencement exercises with the rest of her classmates (Stewart and Jefferson) after her red-shirt junior year and left for the WNBA. That year, (2016) Stewart, Jefferson, and Tuck went 1-2-3 in the WNBA draft.

1645739698980.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Until we hear different. Seems odd though that she will participate in senior day activities if she plans on coming back next year. We're getting conflicting signals here. No doubt she'll make her plans known for next year within a week or two after the season. Kid change their minds.

Remember Morgan Tuck said she would return for her senior year after setting out her sophomore year with a leg injury. Later she recanted and decided to participate in commencement exercises with the rest of her classmates (Stewart and Jefferson) and left for the WNBA. That year, (2016) Stewart, Tuck, and Jefferson went 1-2-3 in the WNBA draft.

View attachment 73721
Morgan hinted that she was not sticking around at the AAC media day in September before the start of her senior season, so I don't count her in the same way as someone like Dorka who has been a part of the program for all of 9 months and seemed pretty firm that she was staying for 2 years.

Reaction Score
Azzi still played 10 minutes in a game where three of the starters almost went the full 40, and it was ultimately the coach's decision not to use Caroline. South Carolina also lost Raven Johnson for the year about a week before our game if we're going to go down the injury rabbit hole. I prefer to say South Carolina beat us fair and square and leave it at that. No injury excuses, no the ball was too orange excuses, etc. If we meet again we'll see what happens as both teams are improved since that November game, but I'm pretty sure they're not afraid of or apprehensive about playing UConn as they already know they can beat us.
I don’t think UConn will be afraid of them either. That was my point.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I thought Bruno was retiring after this year? I would think she would want to go where she can improve her game. Lots of players leave home / family to play with the best. Anyone remember Lou Lou Lou? Just sayin.
Doug Bruno is not retiring — not sure how that rumor got churning on the BY.

His contract goes through 2025, Morrow’s senior year.

Reaction Score
Azzi and Caroline are freshman. look what happened to Diana Taurasi her freshman year in NCAA tournament. She went 1 for something. Not easy a high pressure game.
You don't have to go that far back to make the point. Arizona mauled Paige - a double forearm to the chest sent her sprawling - after which she wasn't the usual Paige. But there is a difference this year: Paige can tell them what to expect and help them prepare, given the expectations on them.

Then, too, the shared burden is less: Evina is playing much better than last year, Christyn is just playing - no second-guessing, the trio of bigs are playing well together in pairs and Caroline is like another big. Nika and Aaliyah are rounding into their best form comparable to last year or better. Paige may not be in her top form come FF time but she will feel better about it than last year (Yes, if they do end up in Wichita, they will go to the FF; here's hoping they don't have to meet SC or Stanford until then. Not even a full-court pressing team that Arizona was last year could stop them this year from going to FF)

Reaction Score
059d4h7mxt381.jpg
Doug Bruno is not retiring — not sure how that rumor got churning on the BY.

His contract goes through 2025, Morrow’s senior year.
;)

"In a world where you can be anything...be KIND"

Reaction Score
I understood the plan this year was to play Aubrey more at guard (wing) since the post was getting crowded and will get more so next year, if Dorka stays.
If Dorka leaves, there will still be only four guards versus five posts. Aubrey playing wing balances out the numbers to 5-5, which provides some more protection against injury. We don’t want another season where there were often only three guards to man three positions.

Reaction Score
Very true... First year players can fail.

But the analogy fails to note that Diana was inserted into the starting line-up because 2 All-Americans, Svet and Shea, had late season injuries.

But who knows for sure. Let’s play and see.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In thinking about our front court next year, please don't forget about A.J. Griffin's big sister!!! :)

Reaction Score
I don't think E was a part of senior day festivities last year even though she could have left but said she was coming back, just like Dorka. We will see.
There were no senior day festivities last year.

Reaction Score
Another perspective on Dorka’s Senior Day participation this Sunday, to complement points made about keeping her options open: she will be sharing this special rite of passage with 3 teammates she has played with all season & presumably gotten close to— as opposed to next year when only Aubrey is scheduled to graduate… if latter doesn’t decide to take another redshirt and/or COVID year. Since Aubrey has been away from the team most of this season & may not even choose to leave after next year, perhaps Dorka wants to have this Senior Day experience now with Liv, Christyn, & E— vs. potentially being so honored alone a year from now.

Also, what if UConn wins the NCAA Tournament in March but Dorka didn’t participate in Senior Night? Would be a shame to miss this wonderful honor. Imagine E would have gone pro had UConn won last year. Same with SC’s Lele Grissett, as pointed out in this thread.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To ALL BY Members attending Senior Day...

Share the word with all those sitting near you and
PLEASE Get the Chant Started at an appropriate time when Dorka is introduced...

ONE MORE YEAR...ONE MORE YEAR...ONE MORE YEAR...

I think this will bring tears to her eyes and let her know how much the FANS want her to play again next year!!

Reaction Score
To ALL BY Members attending Senior Day...

Share the word with all those sitting near you and
PLEASE Get the Chant Started at an appropriate time when Dorka is introduced...

ONE MORE YEAR...ONE MORE YEAR...ONE MORE YEAR...

I think this will bring tears to her eyes and let her know how much the FANS want her to play again next year!!
I was thinking the same thing. We need to let her know how valued she is and how much love we have for her.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. We need to let her know how valued she is and how much love we have for her.
I think there’s a better way to show this in a different way for Dorka than to use the Sue chant.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom