semi-OT: Louisville | Page 7 | The Boneyard

semi-OT: Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What does the President care? His salary? That's what it comes down to? Spineless. He's made enough money. Do the right thing.

The 'right thing' rarely comes in to play for big money/business.

Reaction Score
Most schools have chicks who'll line up for these guys. Apparently, UL's fan base is....lacking.
Terrence Williams says he never paid for sex while at Louisville, despite allegations in Powell’s book — “Breaking Cardinal Rules” — that he paid $500 for sex with two women.

“I am not a part of that,”
he told TMZ. “To Louisville I am Elvis Presley. So why would I pay anybody for anything?

“Motherf**kers pay me for pictures and handshakes. And that’s not being cocky, ’cause I don’t play around with my blessing. I’m very honored to be in that position in Louisville. Louisville is the greatest city, the fans are great, Rick Pitino is great.”

http://zagsblog.com/articles/terrence-williams-i-am-elvis-presley-so-why-would-i-pay-for-sex/

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"Motherf**kers pay me for pictures and handshakes". Terrance getting real and giving great stuff to the cardinals reality show. That first sentence kills it.

Reaction Score
Amazing problems, actually since the beginning of mankind, that chasing puxxy can bring upon us men.

No solution in thousands of years and none forthcoming, except perhaps this timeless one:

images

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Terrence Williams says he never paid for sex while at Louisville, despite allegations in Powell’s book — “Breaking Cardinal Rules” — that he paid $500 for sex with two women.

“I am not a part of that,”
he told TMZ. “To Louisville I am Elvis Presley. So why would I pay anybody for anything?

“Motherf**kers pay me for pictures and handshakes. And that’s not being cocky, ’cause I don’t play around with my blessing. I’m very honored to be in that position in Louisville. Louisville is the greatest city, the fans are great, Rick Pitino is great.”

http://zagsblog.com/articles/terrence-williams-i-am-elvis-presley-so-why-would-i-pay-for-sex/

Then this indicates that McGee was incredibly lacking in resourcefulness. Why pay for services when you can procure them for free?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
ESPiN claims they have verified at least one wire transfer of funds and several text messages.

Where does a Grad Assistant get $10,000 in cash? If his family isn't independently wealthy, L'ville will be hard-presed to explain that.

a booster would be the most likely source

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
random thoughts

why would the ho go public? is she a UK fan? :)

Rick may not have known, maybe an over zealous asst looking to further his own career getting hooked up a booster looking to help (being known as a great recruiter can only help him)

is the new school the grad assistant at in trouble soon?

Seems like Pitino, much like Calhoun, doesn't win with top recruits like Dook, UNC, UK & KU. He's more a blue collar type guy too, so why would he need to bribe the kids he's getting?

If this is his MO, then this behavior should have a long history. If it was only for a few years and has since stopped, it may all be on that one grad asst

If this kind of stuff is going on in many places, which I tend to believe, what does it take to land the top recruits?

Reaction Score
Terrence Williams says he never paid for sex while at Louisville...To Louisville I am Elvis Presley. So why would I pay anybody for anything? “Motherf**kers pay me for pictures and handshakes. And that’s not being cocky, ’cause I don’t play around with my blessing. I’m very honored to be in that position in Louisville. Louisville is the greatest city, the fans are great, Rick Pitino is great.”

Uh, Mr. Williams, if you were paid for pictures and handshakes while a student athlete (cough, cough) at Louisville and just announced it to the world, you may want to hire a lawyer (one who does not used F Bombs at every 10th word) and block any calls from the NCAA as I believe that such payments, while not illegal under criminal law as prostitution is, is impermissible in the eyes of the NCAA.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In the article in the Courant they say that Powell called the NCAA to report the stripper parties but they just hung up on her. Interesting.

“To Louisville I am Elvis Presley. So why would I pay anybody for anything?

Nobody is alleging that you paid for sex, they are alleging that your university did, Elvis.

“Motherf**kers pay me for pictures and handshakes."

Booster's paid him for pictures and handshakes? It just keeps getting better and better.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
random thoughts

Rick may not have known, maybe an over zealous asst looking to further his own career getting hooked up a booster looking to help (being known as a great recruiter can only help him)

Seems like Pitino, much like Calhoun, doesn't win with top recruits like Dook, UNC, UK & KU. He's more a blue collar type guy too, so why would he need to bribe the kids he's getting?

If this is his MO, then this behavior should have a long history. If it was only for a few years and has since stopped, it may all be on that one grad asst

If this kind of stuff is going on in many places, which I tend to believe, what does it take to land the top recruits?

As for not knowing. First, Pitino, like most major college sports coach, is known to be micro-manger, which most coaches have to be to the what 1,200 page book on NCAA rules and regs. Second, this was not a one time event, these parties took place close to 20 times. Third, the said parties occurred in a university owned dorm specifically for the men's basketball team with multiple security cameras, bio-metric locks, and visitor log books. No chance on earth he did not know. Plus, even if he did, 20 some events on university property definitely falls under loss of institutional control, though I am not sure if running a brothel in a dorm is specifically prohibited under NCAA rules.

As for Kentucky, ESPN is a huge fan, which may explain in part of their heavy coverage of this issue.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Because a similar level of scandal happened at Binghamton.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binghamton_University_basketball_scandal

Not sure it's even comparable. Broadus at Binghamton was recruiting atheletes who made 'marginally qualified' students seem like damned geniuses, and doing whatever might be necessary to keep them qualified. Much more akin to the NC situation than what went on under Pitino's watch at UofL.

The most disturbing thing about the Binhampton deal was that after the SUNY mothership investigated and found enough evidence to dump Broadus, they turned their findings over to the NCAA -- who found no major violations.

I think the only way Pitino knew nothing is if he had ordered his entire staff to do whatever it takes to make the recruits (and their posse, evidently) happy and to keep Pitino completely insulated an in the dark as to what it took to accomplish those ends.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
1) The fact that UL hired a pimp/mother to entertain the recruits, also speaks to even poorer judgement on UL's part.Didn't that bother them?
2) Yes, the mother was a bad parent. We all have the right to our opinion on the morality of prostitution, but the fact is, it is illegal. But that is not this story.
3) Not mentioned, but I think serving alcohol to minors will be almost as negative to UL as the stripper.prostitutes. And easier to prove

Reaction Score
Uh, Mr. Williams, if you were paid for pictures and handshakes while a student athlete (cough, cough) at Louisville and just announced it to the world, you may want to hire a lawyer (one who does not used F Bombs at every 10th word) and block any calls from the NCAA as I believe that such payments, while not illegal under criminal law as prostitution is, is impermissible in the eyes of the NCAA.

I thought his comment about people paying for handshakes meant NOW when he's in Louisville. As in, the fans are great there, when I come to town I'm like a legend, meanwhile when I'm near an NBA team, they say "you are who again?"

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
How this will play out imo. McGee turns on pitino, pitino is forced to resign, mcgee "disappears"....

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I'm actually not sure which would be worse for Pitino. If McGee falls on his sword and gives a deposition saying he singlehandedly executed the whole dastardly plan behind pitino's and the rest of the staff's back, then you've got pitino on a world record class lack of institutional control violation. If Pitino admits he knew about it but let it ride, that pretty much amounts to him giving tacit approval to the scheme and knowingly reaping its benefits. If he says it was his plan all along, and the assistants were just doing his bidding, well, where's he ever going to coach again?

Something made me look at this from the other direction. Lets say L'ville manages to pull a Carolina and get the investigation protracted into infinity, and spitino holds his job in the meantime. If I'm a parent or even the HS or AAU coach of a highly sought recruit, unless I'm hopin' to get me some of that action myself, how likely am I to send my child/lottery ticket off to L'ville for a recruiting visit entrusted to the care of pitino and his minions?

Reaction Score
The question I keep asking myself is if this scandal warrants issuance of the death penalty to the Louisville men's basketball team.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
How this will play out imo. McGee turns on pitino, pitino is forced to resign, mcgee "disappears"....
McGee is toast. He'll fall on his sword but not becau$e he'$ noble. He'll take the be$t deal he can out of thi$.

Edit: Maybe he gets a book deal and that will change who gets named.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Pitino probably didn't plan these events. Probably gave the GA a slush fund of booster cash, perhaps his own, to entertain recruits. I doubt he ever went to the dorms.

But it's hard to believe that word of what went down didn't eventually find it's way back to Rick or one of his top assistants. It wasn't a one time thing and these are 17-20 dudes. There was probably a keep dad in the dark vibe to the whole thing unofficially if not directly stated. But parents know when their kids are misbehaving.

But you're nuts if you don't think other schools use girls in recruiting. The ville might just be a place where pros are necessary.
Apparently in college sports you can do anything you want...........you just can't get caught.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I know it was wrong and those involved should stand justice. But I have little respect for this woman (same if it even was a man).
She has a right to snitch, write a book and prosper, but damn to tell all and have been a willing participant (not witness or victim) is just not cool. She ain't the first and she won't be the last.

Someone or something must have activated her all out war button.
Might have been money.

Reaction Score
random thoughts

why would the ho go public? is she a UK fan? :)

Pitino didn't know?!?? That honestly made me spit my drink out.

Reaction Score
I thought his comment about people paying for handshakes meant NOW when he's in Louisville. As in, the fans are great there, when I come to town I'm like a legend, meanwhile when I'm near an NBA team, they say "you are who again?"
That doesn't make any sense though. Why would anyone pay to shake Terrance Williams hand nowadays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom