semi-OT: Louisville | Page 6 | The Boneyard

semi-OT: Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
popcorn-blank.gif

Reaction Score
He'd either have to admit he's wrong or stop talking, and I don't see either of those happening, so expect some more tortured-ass logic.

Well, he is the dude who defends ESPN to the death (and pretty well, I'll give him that), so he's experienced.

I'll try to get the thread back on track.

Question 1: Is pimping your daughters out BAD? YES (universally agreed, more or less).

Question 2: Is paying the daughters who got pimped out OR the mom who pimped them to attract recruits OR to service players BAD? YES (universally agreed by the NCAA, which is the universe, more or less)

Question 3: Is the moral guilt of a mother who may have pimped out her daughters relevant in the least to the NCAA? NO

Question 4: Therefore, how screwed is Louisville? VERY

Question 5: Did the ACC make a horrible mistake? YES

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Well, he is the dude who defends ESPN to the death (and pretty well, I'll give him that), so he's experienced.

I'll try to get the thread back on track.

Question 1: Is pimping your daughters out BAD? YES (universally agreed, more or less).

Question 2: Is paying the daughters who got pimped out OR the mom who pimped them to attract recruits OR to service players BAD? YES (universally agreed by the NCAA, which is the universe, more or less)

Question 3: Is the moral guilt of a mother who may have pimped out her daughters relevant in the least to the NCAA? NO

Question 4: Therefore, how screwed is Louisville? VERY

Question 5: Did the ACC make a horrible mistake? YES
I would add that Pitino's behavior in vociferously and repeatedly defending himself like he is the wounded and innocent party is now almost as disgusting to me as the original points. The latest is that is blasting McGee and calling for him to "tell the truth" when it is clear that he means for him to say that all of this is unfounded lies...he reminds me a lot of Al Pacino when he played Satan in that movie!

Reaction Score
Don't you get the feeling that UK right now is saying " Oh snap we have to burn all paper trails that lead toward the hookers we buy every year". They are calling in the cleaners ( like the mob) about now.

Or is it just me.

caw

Reaction Score
Don't you get the feeling that UK right now is saying " Oh snap we have to burn all paper trails that lead toward the hookers we buy every year". They are calling in the cleaners ( like the mob) about now.

Or is it just me.

I'm sure plenty of schools arrange girls to be around the players and recruits. I doubt many go as far as getting pros. But at a commuter junior college like UL, maybe it's hard to always have girls around.

UK just deals in straight cash.

Reaction Score

I'll try to get the thread back on Track
What, where, how on ESPN to the death?

I agree for this board purposes focusing on the crimes of Louisville and Rick Pitino's lack of institutional control is best. I think all involved will face both punishment and long term negative consequences. I think Pitino is also lying and I think he is done.

Reaction Score
Follow the money. Certainly no grad assistant can afford to pay multiple hookers. So where did the money come from.

Reaction Score
Follow the money. Certainly no grad assistant can afford to pay multiple hookers. So where did the money come from.

I was thinking the same thing. Did that 10k come over 4 years total, or was that one big shin dig? I'm guessing the side deals were in cash so that might be harder to trace.

Reaction Score
I would add that Pitino's behavior in vociferously and repeatedly defending himself like he is the wounded and innocent party is now almost as disgusting to me as the original points. The latest is that is blasting McGee and calling for him to "tell the truth" when it is clear that he means for him to say that all of this is unfounded lies...he reminds me a lot of Al Pacino when he played Satan in that movie!

And a lot of people will have hard time siding with Pitino's outrage while images of a dining table at an Italian restaurant flash through their heads...

Reaction Score

Or is it just me.

Having witnessed the 'pizza' deliveries made in Lincoln Town Cars to UMass basketball players in the '90's, I am sure Coach Cal just leased (from ESPN) an industrial sized shredder and it's working OT, baby.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. Did that 10k come over 4 years total, or was that one big shin dig? I'm guessing the side deals were in cash so that might be harder to trace.

ESPN OTL reported that they have confirmed at least 1 wire transfer between the two parties. If a Louisville official, which is what McGee was, was foolish enough to make payments electronically and not in cash, Louisville is in deep trouble with both the NCAA and local law enforcement.

Even Rutgers is smart enough to utilize unpaid athletic 'ambassadors' to help with recruiting, or, at least I hope they are as Hermann was in Athletic Department at Louisville during part of this time period before moving over to Rutgers.

Reaction Score
This is an appalling lack of leadership from the President at that university.

Even if it means you lose your job for doing it, you fire Rick Pitino. You don't just sit there and do nothing when your school has hired people to have sex with your students.

This reinforces all the stereotypes about schools like Louisville and states like Kentucky. If this happened in Connecticut or New York I'd be absolutely disgusted by now.

Just what is that President thinking?

Reaction Score
He is absolutely bullying McGee with those statements. "Tell the truth" really means take the fall like you were supposed to... or else! Hopefully McGee sees that Pitino is soon to be powerless in terms of the or else, knows that he's screwed either way and burns the whole thing down.

Reaction Score
Just what is that President thinking?

Simple, show me the money. Louisville's basketball team is worth $38 some odd million dollars and generated just under $13 million in ticket revenue alone in 2015 (shady agreement with the Yum! Center aside).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissm...-teams-louisville-on-top-kansas-close-behind/

When a university has sold its soul to big money sports and has little to offer in the classroom (US news #168), this is what happens. The President is holding out hope that this will blow over and will enable the university to keep the cash flowing. If the NCAA drops the hammer on them and the police start knocking on the door, that money be cut way back. What happens then? Louisville has a large number of capital projects underway totaling $345 million. If sports and/or foundation money is cut off, how will those projects be paid for? if the basketball program is placed on suspension for any duration, would the ACC consider expelling them because they have very little else to offer besides sports?

Reaction Score
Simple, show me the money. Louisville's basketball team is worth $38 some odd million dollars and generated just under $13 million in ticket revenue alone in 2015 (shady agreement with the Yum! Center aside).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissm...-teams-louisville-on-top-kansas-close-behind/

When a university has sold its soul to big money sports and has little to offer in the classroom (US news #168), this is what happens. The President is holding out hope that this will blow over and will enable the university to keep the cash flowing. If the NCAA drops the hammer on them and the police start knocking on the door, that money be cut way back. What happens then? Louisville has a large number of capital projects underway totaling $345 million. If sports and/or foundation money is cut off, how will those projects be paid for? if the basketball program is placed on suspension for any duration, would the ACC consider expelling them because they have very little else to offer besides sports?

What does the President care? His salary? That's what it comes down to? Spineless. He's made enough money. Do the right thing.

Reaction Score

Or is it just me.

This and maybe Cuse too.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

He knows full damn well that McGee's retained a lawyer and can't say .

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Or is it just me.

Most schools have chicks who'll line up for these guys. Apparently, UL's fan base is....lacking.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
And a lot of people will have hard time siding with Pitino's outrage while images of a dining table at an Italian restaurant flash through their heads...

Billy Joel's 'Italian Restaurant' always floats into my head when I hear that referenced.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
All this has me wondering what will turn up on the squid when he becomes too old and arrogant to hide it any longer?

I'm sure it will make the Bachelor Party recruiting look quaint by comparison. Still a great movie though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom