semi-OT: Louisville | Page 9 | The Boneyard

semi-OT: Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So The Ville has a brothel in a dorm and UNC has a phony program to keep athletes eligible and grades high enough to keep team eligible. Our university fired a grown adult for hiring a prostitute for himself. Not a bunch of underage recruits. Also, as far as I know we are the only school who's been suspended from post season tournaments for turning in actual grades. Proper punishments were handed out to us. Yet nothing has happened to UNC and I'm really doubting anything will happen to the Ville. Apparently, these are the types of programs the ACC prefers.

Reaction Score
The NCAA will wiggle around and ultimately increase SMU's penalty in this case. Maybe throw a post season ban on Western Kentucky too.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Looks like Papa Siva took to Facebook to clear up some misconceptions

image.png

Reaction Score
Looks like Papa Siva took to Facebook to clear up some misconceptions

View attachment 10902
I am not a grammar cop. I literally got an instant headache from trying to read that. Forget prostitutes, tax evasion and corrupting a minor, Papa just murdered the English language.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
A fine ambassador for the program.
I checked out Siva Jr's bio and the son does sounds like a great ambassador to the program. Dad, not so much.

Siva is of Samoan descent and grew up in a troubled Seattle neighborhood near. His mother worked three jobs to try to support the family. His father was mostly absent, struggling with drug and alcohol addiction throughout Siva's childhood, and was frequently jailed on drug charges. His older siblings, a brother and a sister, also had many brushes with the law, with his sister regularly being caught shoplifting. At age 13, by which time he had taught himself to drive, he went out to look for his missing father and found him in a drug den with a gun, and contemplating suicide. The younger Siva successfully talked his father out of killing himself.[2]

Siva, determined to escape the fate of other family members, plunged himself into sports. When he first tried out for youth football, he was too light to play, but managed to make weight. He soon developed a reputation as a relentlessly aggressive athlete in both football and basketball, and as a promising young prospect. Siva also made it a point to avoid alcohol and drugs, and helped many other boys in his neighborhood avoid gang involvement, partially by persuading his mother to let them stay at her house on weekends.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think it was more than that. I thought there was one wire transfer for 10k.
Hadn't heard that. I thought it was 10 K over _years.

Reaction Score
Yet, he is still sending his players...not a good look IMO

Cannon fodder, red meat for the sharks/wolves, something to be thrown under the bus, you name it...

Reaction Score
I'll give him one thing:

"ESPN IS A JOKE TOO...THEY ALSO FEED ON LIE'S"

That's his dad. Not Peyton.
Woops, turns out I'm the absolute moron. I didn't read that properly and thought it was Peyton.

Reaction Score

Um, this does not seem like a good idea. Wouldn't it be great if not only are they under all this scrutiny but they also handle it really badly? Oh wait....

Reaction Score
Pitino is a wuss.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...-pitino-skipping-acc-media-day-due-to-scandal

In 2014, as their programs were facing intense and immense investigations from the NCAA, Syracuse's Jim Boeheim and North Carolina's Roy Williams attended and spoke with the media, even discussing the surroundings, if not the specifics, of their cases. In fact, North Carolina is still in the midst of what could be a precedent-setting case regarding academic fraud, the outcome of which isn't expected until the spring of 2016 at the earliest. Williams still has plans to attend ACC media day next week, regardless.

Reaction Score
Andre McGee, the Louisville assistant resigned his post at UMKC
the last shoe to drop or Rick has his answer
either way Rick and Louisville are going to be the story

Reaction Score
If Penn State can recover, so can Louisville. I hope Pitino gets better ratings than the Kardashians.

Reaction Score
I am not a grammar cop. I literally got an instant headache from trying to read that. Forget prostitutes, tax evasion and corrupting a minor, Papa just murdered the English language.

I thought it was twitter speak.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

To be fair to the kids, they should get to attend. No need to punish them. Rick's a dick though.

Reaction Score
To be fair to the kids, they should get to attend. No need to punish them. Rick's a dick though.
I hope the media respects the student athletes by not hounding them about what's going on. However I have a feeling these kids are heading into a snake pit as the media don't give a fukk.

Reaction Score
Since Andre McGee resigned as a coach, he never has to respond to any inquiries from the NCAA!

Rick really wants to know the truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon