semi-OT: Louisville | Page 10 | The Boneyard

semi-OT: Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am surprise no law suits have been filed yet against the program.

caw

Reaction Score
Since Andre McGee resigned as a coach, he never has to respond to any inquiries from the NCAA!

Rick really wants to know the truth?

NCAA could throw a show cause at him if he doesn't answer their questions. Considering he doesn't have a job now that could prevent him from ever re-entering coaching.

Plus ESPN was able to get the Madame, a few of her workers, two previous recruits and three ex-players to admit to the sex. While the Madame and the prostitutes may be the only ones to admit to payment, that could easily be enough to put at least what UConn got for Nate Miles on UL. Actually that should be the minimum UL gets. McGee not answering the NCAAs questions only hurts him.

The big question is how many games, and which ones get vacated. In Cuses punishment, the NCAA decided not to go as far back as 2003, considering ULs championship is from 2013, and in the midst of the Madames claim, the NCAA could be forced to explore that. However, the speculation is that the two recruits that have spoken are Lyle and Blakeney with one of the players being Rozier. None of those three played in 2013, so it depends on the timeline for the other two and if anyone else speaks.

The second question is banning them from future tournaments. Considering SMU and Cuse, it would be shocking if some sort of ban didn't happen.

Or the NCAA could play favorites.

Reaction Score
My lust for justice in this situation is tempered by my assumption of its eventual miscarriage.

It's hard to feel anything but anger at certain parties when surveying the current landscape of sordid goings-on while considering our fate of seasons past.

I know it's only college sports, but Cuse's punishment felt like a slap in the face. Ville's will probably feel like a punch to the gut. And UNC's will probably feel like a kick to the nuts.

Oh, sweet purveyor of gullet strikes, put me out of my misery.

Reaction Score
NCAA could throw a show cause at him if he doesn't answer their questions. Considering he doesn't have a job now that could prevent him from ever re-entering coaching.

I doubt he would ever work in coaching again regardless of what the NCAA does.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
God I hope they have a Louisville away game on the game day schedule. Imagine the signs!?

Reaction Score
So call me a cynic, but when Rick Pinto throws his former assistant under the bus by saying only he knows the truth and the assistant responds by resigning and is beyond the ncaa reach, Rick created a nice alibi.

The really important piece to this charade is now we probably never know where the money came for the entertainment.

Booster....Rick.....

Rick trying to button it up very nicely and save his job.

Reaction Score
So call me a cynic, but when Rick Pinto throws his former assistant under the bus by saying only he knows the truth and the assistant responds by resigning and is beyond the ncaa reach, Rick created a nice alibi.

The really important piece to this charade is now we probably never know where the money came for the entertainment.

Booster....Rick.....

McGee's bank account will be much larger at some point in the future no doubt, somehow :cool:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Booster....Rick.....

I guarantee it was a booster. I'm sure Rick was in operating under a don't ask/don't tell policy. Sure he knew something was going on, and implicitly condoned it, but I highly doubt he was the one pulling the strings.

Reaction Score
Setting aside Pitino's feigned ignorance of affairs at his team residence, how does the hooker/co-author avoid any criminal charges? She implicated herself, her under-aged daughters, etc.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Setting aside Pitino's feigned ignorance of affairs at his team residence, how does the hooker/co-author avoid any criminal charges? She implicated herself, her under-aged daughters, etc.

Stripping isn't against the law. Prostitution is. But... have her daughters admitted taking money?

I have to think the other shoe will drop soon on a lot of stuff. You're telling me she didn't attempt to get some money from them secretly before going public? Hard to believe.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Stripping isn't against the law. Prostitution is. But... have her daughters admitted taking money?

I have to think the other shoe will drop soon on a lot of stuff. You're telling me she didn't attempt to get some money from them secretly before going public? Hard to believe.
At least one daughter did. Her claim is that she relayed the message to the dancers about the possibility of side deals. I think the claim may be that only happened once her kids were of age.

It may well be that the lesson of Karen Sypher well known in that community and that Powell went to a book deal rather than extortion, to monetize her relations with Louisville basketball.

Reaction Score
At least one daughter did. Her claim is that she relayed the message to the dancers about the possibility of side deals. I think the claim may be that only happened once her kids were of age.

It may well be that the lesson of Karen Sypher well known in that community and that Powell went to a book deal rather than extortion, to monetize her relations with Louisville basketball.

There's no money in books though.

Maybe someone used her to believe there'd be a lot of money involved.

The book industry these days = $1 a book for authors.

Amazon takes 70%. Distributors take 15%. Publishers, agents and authors get the remains.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
There's no money in books though.

Maybe someone used her to believe there'd be a lot of money involved.

The book industry these days = $1 a book for authors.

Amazon takes 70%. Distributors take 15%. Publishers, agents and authors get the remains.

There is in TV appearances and interviews though. She sure ain't shy.

Even if she tried to extort, and it didn't work, why expose yourself to risk, and drag your daughters name through the mud for no benefit?

Reaction Score
There is in TV appearances and interviews though. She sure ain't shy.

Even if she tried to extort, and it didn't work, why expose yourself to risk, and drag your daughters name through the mud for no benefit?
C'mon now, are we really questioning the qualitative decision making skills of this person. They are not good.

It appears Louisville and Rick Pitino are a good pairing. They don't care about his ethics which works since he has almost none. The Cardinals & Pitino's fate comes down to NCAA willingness to punish, possibly as Kentucky and Calipari try to mandate that behind the scenes.

Reaction Score

Fortunately, I have not followed details of Louisville's recruiting shenanigans as much as some people nor know anything about Kentucky's adult entertainment laws. Even if the madam tried to blackmail Pitino's Louisville assistant(s) or extort money from coaches or Louisville boosters, the possibility she purportedly acknowledged operating a mobile strip joint or traveling brothel with under age clients and possibly her own under age children or other juvenile service providers may be equally or more damning.

As much as stripping may not be viewed as immoral as prostitution, it may still be illegal in Kentucky especially if it involved under age girls, daughters, or patrons such as Louisville recruits. Based on the appearance of a few too many Louisville and Kentucky women alone, maybe stripping should be illegal for all but the visually impaired - adults included. In any case, it's challenging to conceive of Tricky Rick's recruiting not being significantly impacted if he manages to avoid being sh|t canned.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Fortunately, I have not followed details of Louisville's recruiting shenanigans as much as some people nor know anything about Kentucky's adult entertainment laws. Even if the madam tried to blackmail Pitino's Louisville assistant(s) or extort money from coaches or Louisville boosters, the possibility she purportedly acknowledged operating a mobile strip joint or traveling brothel with under age clients and possibly her own under age children or other juvenile service providers may be equally or more damning.

There was no underage anything as far as I've heard. Being a madam of any kind is a felony however.

Reaction Score
From Fran Fraschilla on twitter "Heard Louisville just announce that Damion Lee and Trey Lewis will handle all post game interviews this season."

Reaction Score
From Fran Fraschilla on twitter "Heard Louisville just announce that Damion Lee and Trey Lewis will handle all post game interviews this season."
Think he's just being sarcastic - poking fun at Pitino for bailing on ACC media day and leaving Lee and Lewis there to answer any and all Louisville questions.

Reaction Score
Think he's just being sarcastic - poking fun at Pitino for bailing on ACC media day and leaving Lee and Lewis there to answer any and all Louisville questions.
That would make a TON of sense

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I just heard on ESPN radio that a grand jury has been convened to look into Ricky's Hookers N' Blow official visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom