Sedona Prince Transfer Thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Sedona Prince Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Her nickname (Stef) was misspelled (Steph) by 4 different posters in the last several posts alone. I do find that irritating. Getting names right is a pet peeve of mine, particularly a UConn player on a UConn board.

Well, I admit I sometimes forget her name is spelled with an "f" rather than "ph". The latter seems more common.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Getting names right is a pet peeve of mine, particularly a UConn player on a UConn board.

Orthography matters. Recently I had an exchange with a drive-by contributor who insisted on converting a potential UConn recruit, a young Brazilian lady, one Kamilla Cardoso, into a Cardosa.

Despite many reminders and even some private messages offering pronunciation tips, and a reference to a recent President of Brazil named Cardoso, he persisted in deforming the name. It's easy enough to get it right. I should have appealed to his baser instincts, and reminded him that Ms. Cardoso is a big! :p

O Brasil é o país do futuro e sempre vai ser.
(Brazil is the country of the future... and it always wil be.)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Orthography matters. Recently I had an exchange with a drive-by contributor who insisted on converting a potential UConn recruit, a young Brazilian lady, one Kamilla Cardoso, into a Cardosa.

Despite many reminders and even some private messages offering pronunciation tips, and a reference to a recent President of Brazil named Cardoso, he persisted in deforming the name. It's easy enough to get it right. I should have appealed to his baser instincts, and reminded him that Ms. Cardoso is a big! :p

O Brasil é o país do futuro e sempre vai ser.

Cardoso's name has been listed as Cardosa by many people including numerous basketball aficionados and evaluators. In fact, if you check social media for info about her there is more under Cardosa than Cardoso. Have a look.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Cardoso's name has been listed as Cardosa by many people including numerous basketball aficionados and evaluators. In fact, if you check social media for info about her there is more under Cardosa than Cardoso. Have a look.

You are correct. This isn't the only place where people don't make an effort spell a name correctly. A poster on Vol nation quoted a supposed "expert" on WBB. He misspelled the name. The vols were quick to adopt the error as their own. I expect we can do better here, with just a little effort. Note that many in the fetid orange swamp write "Gino". I suspect they think that's clever.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
You are correct. This isn't the only place where people don't make an effort spell a name correctly. A poster on Vol nation quoted a supposed "expert" on WBB. He misspelled the name. The vols were quick to adopt the error as their own. I expect we can do better here, with just a little effort.

I think the family changed the spelling of their name at some point. She also used to be known as Kamilla Soares, incidentally.

Reaction Score
It is hard for me to grasp some of the posts here stating "how badly they want Prince to come to UCONN". I, for one, only care about our current players and coaching staff wanting her here and of course, Prince wanting to come to Storrs. I certainly do not want a recruit or transfer coming to Storrs "just because" of this or that. So if it is meant to be it'll be.

Anything other than those two circumstances IS IRRELEVANT!!!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As one of the folks who botched the spelling of Stef’s name let me just say that if the BY starts criticizing everyone who misspell’s, misquotes or has their smartphones mis-enter the wrong word, we may as well shut the BY down now, because I’m pretty sure that none of us are perfect.

Reaction Score
Can't we go back to Hieroglyph's ?

Something like this? UConn beating up on an AAC opponent?

PvP

Reaction Score
2018 McDonald's All-American Sedona Prince (@thesedonaprince) will be in Storrs next week for a visit with @UConnWBB after the 6-foot-7 center announced her decision to transfer from the University of Texas due to medical reasons.

From Carl Adamec Tweet which won't copy for me!

Oh, The Tumult! Fra Le Fra Lah
Does anyone know if Prince did visit Storrs and if she has made her decision?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
It is hard for me to grasp some of the posts here stating "how badly they want Prince to come to UCONN". I, for one, only care about our current players and coaching staff wanting her here and of course, Prince wanting to come to Storrs. I certainly do not want a recruit or transfer coming to Storrs "just because" of this or that. So if it is meant to be it'll be.

Anything other than those two circumstances IS IRRELEVANT!!!!
Well, one of the circumstances is a reality. The coaching staff evidently wants her here.

Reaction Score
She is yet to visit ND, so her decision will no doubt come after her visit there.... unless she has other visitations that she's scheduled...

@tchalla1 have to ask what is your avatar, for the life of me cannot figure out what it is. Just asking.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It is supposed to a shield and a spear, but it doesn't depict that very well... lol

Looks like a barber shop clipping. ;)

You can always do a quick google image search to get closer to your desired image.

Reaction Score
Well, one of the circumstances is a reality. The coaching staff evidently wants her here.

You are probably right. But, you are still making an assumption on the coaching staff unless you have some insight that the rest of us do not have. Hence, the visit. It is just like an interview. BOTH parties have to be in agreeance that it is a good fit. And you do not know that until you really meet face to face regardless of how many phone conversations and/or text messages. Does the coaching staff have an interest, of course. Does the coaching staff want Prince? Well, I do not know and certainly haven't read any quotes from the coaching staff saying they want Prince to come to UCONN. The visit means there is an interest for both sides and that's all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom