Sedona Prince Transfer Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Sedona Prince Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What are you going to do if I am correct? I am just posting my opinion about UConn women's basketball on a UConn women's basketball forum. I have not been here long, but I have never seen so many people cry about a difference in opinion.
:eek: "I have not been here long"
:eek::eek: "I have never seen so many people cry about a difference in opinion."
These two things have a high degree of correlation: do more of the former and the latter will definitely occur.

MTC

Reaction Score
who was the last UConn recruit to actually commit while on their campus visit? It seems to me that this is something of a rarity these days........many although not all recruits want to have that big announcement hoopla....
I get the feeling now that SP may be trying to show Texas how valuable she is; in hopes of getting back into their starting lineup. I guess all is fair in war, peace and basketball.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
What are you going to do if I am correct? I am just posting my opinion about UConn women's basketball on a UConn women's basketball forum. I have not been here long, but I have never seen so many people cry about a difference in opinion.
What am I going to do? With close to 8,000 posts, I have more than my share of dumb predictions. I usually go with “eating crow” because it makes the people who are correct feel better and they’re more tolerant of my future dumb predictions.

Pretending I “didn’t actually make the dumb prediction” feels a bit dishonest, and there’s always posters like Coco who enjoy quoting your dumb prediction back to you.

As for “leaving the BY never to be heard from again,” while it may seem extreme, there are precedents when people make ridiculous predictions. Most recently there was the poster who claimed to have inside information that predicted both Haley Jones and Alijah Boston would be committing to UConn. Haven’t seen that poster since November.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
For what it’s worth the poster states the information comes from an ND site. Doesn’t say which site or who the source is. I’ll wait for Dillon or Orangutan to confirm it before I get too excited about this news flash.

On McGraw's Bench, references to an unnamed ND site often means it came from the ND Rivals pay message board.

That site mostly caters to football so I am not a member there and can't view the thread about Prince. Lou Somogyi of that site is a reliable reporter.

If ND Hoops Recruits is reporting it, that's good enough for me.

Wbb recruiting coverage from the South Bend Trib is sparse verging on non-existent.

Reaction Score
I assume the report is legit..........................I kind of expected a visit to ND and perhaps another school.....................we'll certainly find out for sure in a week or so...................really looking forward to that Sedona Prince in her Fighting Irish uniform action shot!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
By the way. Welcome to The Boneyard. I guess you could call this your trial by fire.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Does the news that UConn maybe moving to the New Big East help or hurt in the recruiting of SP. I believe that it will help more than hurt. She will be playing against teams far superior to the AAC, but it may hurt because now UConn will not be playing against SMU, Houston, Tulsa, and Tulane, which means her parents will have to travel further to see games.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
On McGraw's Bench, references to an unnamed ND site often means it came from the ND Rivals pay message board.

That site mostly caters to football so I am not a member there and can't view the thread about Prince. Lou Somogyi of that site is a reliable reporter.

If ND Hoops Recruits is reporting it, that's good enough for me.

Wbb recruiting coverage from the South Bend Trib is sparse verging on non-existent.
One advantage of UConn WBB over ND, is that you don’t play in the shadow of the football team. This is now truer than ever with UConn’s announcement that the Huskies will be migrating to the BE in 2020.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
One advantage of UConn WBB over ND, is that you don’t play in the shadow of the football team. This is now truer than ever with UConn’s announcement that the Huskies will be migrating to the BE in 2020.
So not having a good football is an advantage?
Migrating to the NBE from the AAC is also an advantage?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

I don't know Oldude. Most of the Irish students -- including student athletes my kids introduced me to -- enjoy the home games as social situations, with the tailgates, "darties" and what not. And Sedona is a child of Texas who spent a year at UT...I've gotta guess that, at the very least, she knows a bit of football culture. And might even like it...

If not football, there are other sports. The last two years, a few of the ND WBB team attended many of the Irish Women's Volleyball Team matches during the fall and put the pics on social media. Sure the UConn WBB team has fave sports, as well.

As for being "overshadowed," ND, like many WBB teams, draws it's attendance heavily from the local community. They'll be there, football or not.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don't know Oldude. Most of the Irish students -- including student athletes my kids introduced me to -- enjoy the home games as social situations, with the tailgates, "darties" and what not. And Sedona is a child of Texas who spent a year at UT...I've gotta guess that, at the very least, she knows a bit of football culture. And might even like it...

ND, like many WBB teams, draws it's attendance heavily from the community. They'll be there, football or not.
No doubt that local fans in South Bend support WBB. My response to Orangutan’s post really had to do with local media coverage which is overwhelmingly focused on ND football. In CT, UConn WBB is elevated throughout the state by both print and television media to a level not really present anywhere else, in large measure because there really is very little competition.

Reaction Score
Whether it should make a difference or not, the uncertainty of the NBE move will be used against Uconn in the SP recruiting by ND. Nothing people hate more is uncertainty.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Do we really even know if SP has an offer from Geno?
Hard to imagine any realistic scenario where UConn flew Sedona up from TX and hosted her on campus for 2 days without also offering her a scholarship.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Whether it should make a difference or not, the uncertainty of the NBE move will be used against Uconn in the SP recruiting by ND. Nothing people hate more is uncertainty.
Yes, but if I’m Geno & the BE, I’m promoting the hell out of Dave Gavitt’s original vision: a major northeastern basketball conference with teams in 4 of the nation’s biggest media markets (NYC, Chicago, DC & Philly).

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The UConn board of directors will be voting on the move on Wednesday, SP isn't in SB until Thursday! So where is the uncertainty?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If not football, there are other sports. The last two years, a few of the ND WBB team attended many of the Irish Women's Volleyball Team matches during the fall and put the pics on social media. Sure the UConn WBB team has fave sports, as well.

Pretty shocking that Muffet would allow this, considering the ND women's volleyball team is coached by a male, in flagrant violation of her deeply held gender justice beliefs :rolleyes:

Maybe if she took a stand, she could get him fired and replaced with a woman.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Pretty shocking that Muffet would allow this, considering the ND women's volleyball team is coached by a male, in flagrant violation of her deeply held gender justice beliefs :rolleyes:

Maybe if she took a stand, she could get him fired and replaced with a woman.

Hah! I see some degree of research was taken there, but on a beautiful Sunday morning, I'm not taking that bait! :cool:

(BTW, I'm sure MM's had conversations with ND AD Jack Swarbrick on all facets of her approach. Jack's a pretty level-headed guy: I played club lacrosse with him and he was sound defenseman.)

Sure a lot of the hoopsters played volleyball at one time or another.
Payton Verhulst, who is impressing so many down in Chile, is an all-state volleyball player in addition to her hoopster skills.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe I missed this in the thread—but now I am intimately familiar with airline hubs, etc.
So ‘friends’ have been mentioned—important but SP has played with many future teammates (Kelly perhaps Texas acquaintance)....so not the factor.
Coaches—-both are highly regarded...so marginal.
NC’s clearly UCONN big but ND has proven they are in the competition.
Supporting cast—both schools will have G’s and Wings at a high level.
Competition for playing time? ONO vs Vaughn....and what I think is important...what system SP sees herself playing in. UCONN isn’t a traditional low post/post oriented offense. ND recently succeeded with Shepard/Turner sharing low post and interior passing. How does she think she can max her potential?
That’s what I think will determine her choice.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Competition for playing time? ONO vs Vaughn....and what I think is important...what system SP sees herself playing in. UCONN isn’t a traditional low post/post oriented offense. ND recently succeeded with Shepard/Turner sharing low post and interior passing. How does she think she can max her potential?

Doubt there would be competition between Prince and Nelson-Ododa. UConn isn't recruiting Prince to play 10 minutes in reserve. They'd play together a lot. And since both of them are very mobile and versatile, I don't think traditional low post offense plays into it either. Think of Prince as a much more athletic, mobile Steph Dolson.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Think of Prince as a much more athletic, mobile Steph Dolson.

We really can't make that comparison right now. Stef was an incredible screener and passer in UConn's offense. She had great hands and touch around the basket and gradually extended her range. She actually ran the floor pretty well in her last 2 years.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
We really can't make that comparison right now. Stef was an incredible screener and passer in UConn's offense. She had great hands and touch around the basket and gradually extended her range. She actually ran the floor pretty well in her last 2 years.

I don't know about Prince's screening ability, but she's shows all the skills you mention Dolson had. I'm not suggesting Prince will be as good or better than her, just that she appears to have the talent to make a valid comparison. For example, Prince is an extremely good passer. She averaged 2.8 assists over her last three years in high school. Lauren Cox, an excellent passing big, averaged 1.8 assists her last three years. And while Steph moved much better later on she was never the athlete or mover Prince is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom