Sedona Prince Transfer Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sedona Prince Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
May I assume this a recent POST injury video? :eek:

Droll dog. You can read the Jan. 2018 publication date. But, a Texas paper reported she was engaging in light workouts with the Texas team before the procedure to remove the rod earlier this year.

" I am looking forward to focusing on my rehab and my academics, and I am extremely excited about being back on the court with my teammates.”

Prince has attended every Longhorns game and usually sits on the bench. She also competes during daily practice in light drills."

Texas basketball freshman Sedona Prince ruled out for the season | Hookem.com

Of course, she has the option, which she has previously exercised, to change her mind.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don't care about dunking, but this shows the kind of freakish athleticism Prince had prior to the injury. Brittney Griner never made dunking look this easy.

Appears that there was a 2nd player who also dunked in that video.....:rolleyes:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Droll dog. You can read the Jan. 2018 publication date. But, a Texas paper reported she was engaging in light workouts with the Texas team before the procedure to remove the rod earlier this year.

" I am looking forward to focusing on my rehab and my academics, and I am extremely excited about being back on the court with my teammates.”

Prince has attended every Longhorns game and usually sits on the bench. She also competes during daily practice in light drills."

Texas basketball freshman Sedona Prince ruled out for the season | Hookem.com

Of course, she has the option, which she has previously exercised, to change her mind.

I missed the date you refer to the first time I watched it. I viewed it a second time, I didn't see a publication date the 2nd time either. Other than updates I get here in the yard, I have no idea where Prince is in her rehabilitation.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Not pretty. She broke both bones in her lower leg and it looks to have been down low. Never seen anything like it. Freakish injury. Poor kid.

Reminds of a less gruesome version of the Kevin Ware injury.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Reminds of a less gruesome version of the Kevin Ware injury.
I thought it was pretty gruesome. Watched it just once and don’t really want to see it a second time.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I thought it was pretty gruesome. Watched it just once and don’t really want to see it a second time.
Don't google the Ware one then. It can't be unseen.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I forgot the U19 championships were in August. My two years statement implied that she didn't play in 18-19 and now probably 19-20.

I'm not a doctor, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but as a casual observer from a far, I would guess that if she's not cleared to play full contact pickup games as I write this comment, she won't progress enough in the next 4 months to be ready to participate in UConn's full practices that begin in October.

She has to be cleared for "full contact" practice in order to qualify to play in their games. At best, the earliest we could see her would be the second half of the season after the Christmas break. Even that would be a stretch. There's no hurry. We just witnessed what can happen when you try to rush your rehab and recovery and come back too soon (Kevin Durant). Her parents, doctors and coaches are NOT going to let that happen to her.

Reaction Score
Okay, I sleuthed out the merged (3) threads that began Sedona Prince is in the Portal and it's strange that though there has been recent activity I cannot find it on page 1 or page 2. Weird. BUT I do not consider a planned visit to be worthy of being buried in page 11 of a 200 plus post thread. Honk if you agree.
Honk

Reaction Score
It will be a waiver to play immediately based on medical reasons.
But no one actually knows this except for the Prince family. All we know is she is transferring for "medical reasons". (whatever that means). And correct me if I am wrong but it is the school that applies for the transfer waiver not the athlete.

If she did come to UConn I really don't think UConn would apply for a waiver. But that is just my wag which I think is probably as good as anyone else's.

Reaction Score
there aren't many 6'7" posts who have this level of agility....if she's able to regain her prior form she would be a major addition...imagine moving ONO to the four to match up against bigger opponents or just regularly subbing the two during the game.....UConn hasn't had that kind of defensive deterrent in the paint since Stewie and Tuck/Stokes

Loved the workout! Stewie-esk! Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
It wouldn't be overstating things if I said with her commitment and everyone staying healthy we're looking at 3 to 4 National Championship's in a row! Look at the roster! Wow! Her n ONO on the floor, coupled with our guard talent, man that's 2013-14 season all over again for 2 or 3 years! Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
If it’s meant to be it’ll be. It’s Sedona’s, Geno and the team’s decision. DONE.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It wouldn't be overstating things if I said with her commitment and everyone staying healthy we're looking at 3 to 4 National Championship's in a row! Look at the roster! Wow! Her n ONO on the floor, coupled with our guard talent, man that's 2013-14 season all over again for 2 or 3 years! Go Huskies!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Other than updates I get here in the yard, I have no idea where Prince is in her rehabilitation.

Carnac's crystal ball clouded! Yes, you heard it here first!! ;) It's true, I have nothing better to do than search for Husky minutia and poke at fellow BYers. Yeah, really Jan. 23, 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom