Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Deleted speculation

That was a reply to a straightforward question:

Tell us what you KNOW about her desire.

Let's parse the answer.
(1) "You can judge a fruit tree by its fruit."
While the arboreal analogy isn't especially apt, I'll play. A very new peach or apricot or nectarine is just forming from a fertilized flower. Only elapsed time will reveal which fruit it is. To judge the tree before useful evidence is available shows the impatience of the judge, and tells us little about the tree.
(2) "Prince seems clueless about what she wants for her future."
Horsefeathers! She seems most clear. She wants to play college basketball with one of the three top programs, and is gathering information necessary to decide which of the three best suits her needs and desires. "Seems" is not an answer to
Tell us what you KNOW.
(3) "It definitely will not be a challenging program like UConn in my humble opnion."
An opinion was not requested. UConn is a challenging program. So is Notre Dame. So is Oregon. The opinion offered is illogical.

The entire answer avoided the simple question, suggesting that the true answer to
the question—Tell us what you KNOW—is 'Not very much at all'.

PS- We need bigs! We really, really need bigs. The sky is falling. We are all doomed. DOOMED, I tell yuh!

Last edited by a moderator:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
@MTC

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
We need to remember what happened when she came out of high school. She had a home visit from UConn and perhaps other programs, but her first campus visit was to Texas. It felt right, so she committed immediately and cancelled her other visits. And then Texas turned out not to be right for her after all.

Now she has a second chance. Isn't it logical that she is determined not to repeat her earlier mistake by making an emotional and possibly hasty decision? Instead, she is going to obtain all the information she possibly can so as to make the best possible decision, recognizing that even the best process cannot be infallible.

The three schools that she chose to visit offer arguably the best coaching in the country. She can't really go wrong. It will probably come down to a question of which group of coaches and players she feels most comfortable with.

It's like a top student who is in the fortunate position of being offered by Harvard, Yale, and Princeton. Shouldn't she visit all three places before she makes a decision?

Reaction Score
You seem to have "many ideas" about Sedona Prince in the form of accusations about her character and motivation, wholly without any supporting facts or evidence-- the worst sort of speculation. Why are you doing that nasty business?
The Boneyard doesn't need either side of this argument . It is one that's been hashed out with way too many previous player that looked at Uconn (not all came).. It is best this BS be curtailed and get back to fact filled data on players--these back and forths aren't much fun to read.

Reaction Score
We need to remember what happened when she came out of high school. She had a home visit from UConn and perhaps other programs, but her first campus visit was to Texas. It felt right, so she committed immediately and cancelled her other visits. And then Texas turned out not to be right for her after all.

Now she has a second chance. Isn't it logical that she is determined not to repeat her earlier mistake by making an emotional and possibly hasty decision? Instead, she is going to obtain all the information she possibly can so as to make the best possible decision, recognizing that even the best process cannot be infallible.

The three schools that she chose to visit offer arguably the best coaching in the country. She can't really go wrong. It will probably come down to a question of which group of coaches and players she feels most comfortable with.

It's like a top student who is in the fortunate position of being offered by Harvard, Yale, and Princeton. Shouldn't she visit all three places before she makes a decision?
All I can say @JoePgh. Look at what Geno did for Griner. She was (kudo's to Coach @rick for this one) She was Baylor taught but Geno educated in the USA's and Olympics. Griner played basketball for Baylor. For Geno learned the game and how to read defenses and her own team. From Geno's perch Basketball has a whole difference read.. Right Coach @rick.
It makes no sense for Prince or Griner to just be big and good. With Geno Griner became all that was in her, Geno will offer Prince the same gift.

Reaction Score
Well I gotta tell yah. I really like our chances of getting Prince, because I believe she knows shes getting a second chance to do something special and she wasnt happy where she was so why go to another place and not be happy all over again. By that I mean UConn offers everything and everything is expected when you come to UConn. Your expected to work hard, your expecting to win, your expecting to be in the FF and win NC's. Other teams are wishing and hoping to get there. When you look at UConns roster and with who is expected to commit you know its all there. Why would you go anyplace else? See UConn is going to the FF and will win NC's over the next 4 years with Prince or without her. There are no guarantees in life however UConn is as close to a guarantee of reaching the FF NC and making a player like Prince great as there is. The reasons why she will be great at UConn is the same as its been for so many. First shes not gonna sit shes 6'7 and can play. Second she is surrounded by so many HS numbers 1's who must be guarded one on one she will not have to concerned about being double and triple teamed as much as she would playing for another team. UConn has too many weapons. Third she will be developed by the best coaching staff in WCBB. When I read some of the comments and opinions on this board as to why she wont come, and she may not come I think to myself if she doesnt come what a big mistake for her future but then again its just what she wants and what she wants is something we dont know. So I will remain positive as I have over the past 20 something years on this board.
@Tonyc---I like it. If you are right "she can play" at 6ft 7 she WILL sit but starting and playing good minutes appears to be a certainty.
I don't give warrantee's or Guarantee's often but with the total quality and number of excellent players along with Prince I feel very comfortable about telling Ms Prince if she selects Uconn she will earn that ring a few times with this group and those coming. To me I'll bet all 35 cents in the piggy bank--on the line straight up. Griner is my model for Prince--Griner was Baylor taught Geno educated in his finishing school--she became an international threat thanks to Geno. That could be Prince in the next Olympics , WNBA, Europe. Army Strong Be All You Can BE--because Geno has a Few Good Women (Semper Fi) Off we go --Anchors A-Weigh

Reaction Score
IMO Sedona Prince would be frosting on the cake and also provide insurance to future UConn teams for the next 3 years. But, do not sell the current players short as Geno has put together the nucleus of players that can and will compete for the National Championship with or without Prince. I also believe that Geno will fill the height gap on this team either within the USA or from Europe or Asia.
Without Prince he MAY have the opportunity at the NC. I believe with a talented, not perfect, 6ft 7 with the current total group Uconn would be a shoe-in to the NC game. Just watched Uconn/ND FF's the year before Stewie, Tuck Moriah and then the year with them. Uconn Led the first half against ND (Diggings /McBride/Achowa both games) Uconn lost the first won the second, then the next 3. ONE, may be 2 or 3 players make the difference. Stew was the REAL difference. Prince could fill that role. Or ONO!! We shall see. Hot dang, @veryolddog. I like your thinking. Howsomeever--ONO with Evelyn, Touly (hopefully) Griffin (leaper, scorer) and talent ooozing from all players, i.e a REAL bench, Prince may just be the frosting on that cupcake. You are right--with or with out--the NC is in sight. Normally I'm a Elite 8 year guy, have been for 3 years, I feel so dang good about Geno's recruits--Number 12 is only the beginning!!!

Reaction Score
@Tonyc---I like it. If you are right "she can play" at 6ft 7 she WILL sit but starting and playing good minutes appears to be a certainty.
I don't give warrantee's or Guarantee's often but with the total quality and number of excellent players along with Prince I feel very comfortable about telling Ms Prince if she selects Uconn she will earn that ring a few times with this group and those coming. To me I'll bet all 35 cents in the piggy bank--on the line straight up. Griner is my model for Prince--Griner was Baylor taught Geno educated in his finishing school--she became an international threat thanks to Geno. That could be Prince in the next Olympics , WNBA, Europe. Army Strong Be All You Can BE--because Geno has a Few Good Women (Semper Fi) Off we go --Anchors A-Weigh
You left out SEMPER PARATUS... "Always Ready!"

Reaction Score
Do we expect an announcement today since she completed her final visit this weekend?
If I’m not mistaken, she is visiting Oregon this weekend. Decision won’t be too long after.

Reaction Score
Prince does seem to know what she wants for her future. Hopefully in time we will mature and give the young woman room to make these life changing decisions for herself based on what she wants out of her life. It may very well be a challenging program like UConn.
Even some very old old old try to mature. But then Maturity is an over blown concept. You live longer if the kid inside of you comes out often.

Reaction Score
Do we expect an announcement today since she completed her final visit this weekend?

I believe she posted something a couple days ago saying that her decision would be announced within a week or two. I'm sure one of our twitter or IG experts can track it down, but in the meantime I'm not holding my breath.

Reaction Score
I never made any thoughts regarding Megan but it is obvious that you did. How did that work out for you?

The second time that something "obvious" to you is just a crock. No, I didn't post any of that nonsense about Megan because I have watched enough teenagers struggle through the process of figuring out where they want the next phase of their life to occur to know better that anything I think is a certainty. But Lord did I read post after post, week after week about Megan, and all that eventually proved to be as "insightful" as your drivel will.

Reaction Score
I bet the decision comes rather quickly. I would assume that she would want to get this over with and join her new team. I am still confident.

Reaction Score
Pure toss up I think. The ND boards and Oregon boards seem pretty confident also. I’m sure whatever school she chooses will be best for her and the school. I hope for UConn, but we shall see.

Reaction Score
Pure toss up I think. The ND boards and Oregon boards seem pretty confident also. I’m sure whatever school she chooses will be best for her and the school. I hope for UConn, but we shall see.
What is the Oregon board called?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score

Who knows? But an announcement (per se) in the next few days should surprise none of us. She has done the greater portion of her “due diligence.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Who knows? But an announcement (per se) in the next few days should surprise none of us. She has done the greater portion of her “due diligence.”

Maybe a July 4th announcement to declare her "Independant Decision" and her freedom from TX. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom