Sedona Prince Transfer Discussion Thread 2.1 [merged] | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sedona Prince Transfer Discussion Thread 2.1 [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't know if that makes a difference or not. On the other hand, missing a few trips to Texas yearly during the AAC season might also affect her decision.
Funny you should mention this "trips" to Texas". When UCONN was placed in the AAC a few people though UCONN WCBB would have a recruiting advantage with Texas kids because we were playing games in the state twice per year. It has not worked out that way. UCONN's WBB time in the AAC netted us Lexi Gordon for 1.5 years.

Reaction Score
Funny you should mention this "trips" to Texas". When UCONN was placed in the AAC a few people though UCONN WCBB would have a recruiting advantage with Texas kids because we were playing games in the state twice per year. It has not worked out that way. UCONN's WBB time in the AAC netted us Lexi Gordon for 1.5 years.

Yeah, can't win them all, huh? It got UConn a sniff with Collier too.

Reaction Score
Just to confirm, Sedona finished her visit to Oregon on Sunday correct? So now she has visited all 3 schools of interest so we are just waiting on a decision to be announced?

Reaction Score
Based on her Snapchat yesterday she is still in Oregon. Not sure what that means...just reporting.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Based on her Snapchat yesterday she is still in Oregon. Not sure what that means...just reporting.
As info, the NCAA limits all recruiting visits to “48 hours”. So if Prince is still in Oregon, either the dates reported for her visit were incorrect, or she’s extended her visit to see the sites in the PNW off campus.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
When does UConn's second summer session begin? Oregon is on the quarter system, so not sure about their summer class terms.

The reason I ask is that if Sedona is thinking of attending summer classes soon at her new school, seems like she'd move fast with a decision. If she won't be enrolling until the Fall, then that delays her practice/conditioning time at new school, and unlikely she is 100% healthy right now, IMO.

Reaction Score
SUMMER SESSION DATES:
May 13 - August 23, 2019
May Term:
May 13 - May 31, 2019
No classes on May 27
Summer Session 1:
June 3 - July 5, 2019
No classes on July 4
Summer Session 2
July 15 - August 16, 2019
Alternative Session 1
June 3 - July 12, 2019
No classes on July 4
Alternative Session 2
July 15 - August 23, 2019
Summer Session 3
May 13 - August 23, 2019

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
When does UConn's second summer session begin? Oregon is on the quarter system, so not sure about their summer class terms.

The reason I ask is that if Sedona is thinking of attending summer classes soon at her new school, seems like she'd move fast with a decision. If she won't be enrolling until the Fall, then that delays her practice/conditioning time at new school, and unlikely she is 100% healthy right now, IMO.
The second summer session for UCONN begins on July 15th.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I believe Oregon has a single summer term that is currently in session. I also believe that ND’s 2nd summer term begins this coming Monday, 7/8. As pointed out, UConn’s 2nd summer term starts a week later than ND’s on 7/15.

Reaction Score

this get's back to my original question when all this started.........................we have no idea if she is cleared to practice/play or if she still has months of rehab ahead of her.............................then of course the obvious question is whether she will ever be 100% the athlete she was prior to the injury...........

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
this get's back to my original question when all this started.....we have no idea if she is cleared to practice/play or if she still has months of rehab ahead of her.........then of course the obvious question is whether she will ever be 100% the athlete she was prior to the injury......
The same questions existed for Gabby & Liv.

Reaction Score
When I got up yesterday I checked out Boneyard for news about Prince. Instead there was news about Mir McLean. After some reading, etc. that was very, very good news.

Last night before bed again I checked out Boneyard for news about Prince. Nothing. Went to bed.

But didn't sleep before I thought about this a minute or two. And the question I had was - it is really important to get Prince?

We have Olivia. We have Adebayo coming in. Batouly will be back. Megan is a great rebounder. And I can't think of anyone on the team that I would trade for Prince - at least none of the possible starters. So I thought to myself. I'm not really sure I care that much. Probably the main reason I want her to come to UConn is so she does not go to ND. But I feel that way about anyone in the top 100 recruits for the next 100 years.

Reaction Score
When I got up yesterday I checked out Boneyard for news about Prince. Instead there was news about Mir McLean. After some reading, etc. that was very, very good news.

Last night before bed again I checked out Boneyard for news about Prince. Nothing. Went to bed.

But didn't sleep before I thought about this a minute or two. And the question I had was - it is really important to get Prince?

We have Olivia. We have Adebayo coming in. Batouly will be back. Megan is a great rebounder. And I can't think of anyone on the team that I would trade for Prince - at least none of the possible starters. So I thought to myself. I'm not really sure I care that much. Probably the main reason I want her to come to UConn is so she does not go to ND. But I feel that way about anyone in the top 100 recruits for the next 100 years.

you have to look ahead to the 20'-21'season.........................no more Adebayo, no Irwin and no Camara....................if she's healthy she'd be a big contributor to UConn up front ......................

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Well, Geno & Co. took her visit. How many 6'7" bigs who can move and have good hands are littering the streets. I'm content to wait for a quality big until 2020, but feel uneasy about actually capturing one for that class. Sedona probably has a fair amount of work ahead of her to get back to where she was in August 2018, but I sure would not throw her back in the pond.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I believe Oregon has a single summer term that is currently in session. I also believe that ND’s 2nd summer term begins this coming Monday, 7/8. As pointed out, UConn’s 2nd summer term starts a week later than ND’s on 7/15.

Oregon also has a second (4 week) summer session that begins (I think) on July 22nd. The first 4 week session, as well as 8 week sessions, began on June 24th.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Just to confirm, Sedona finished her visit to Oregon on Sunday correct? So now she has visited all 3 schools of interest so we are just waiting on a decision to be announced?

I check in here several times throughout the day looking for breaking news. Every time I log on, I expect to see “Prince to UConn”. :)

Reaction Score
N
you have to look ahead to the 20'-21'season.....no more Adebayo, no Irwin and no Camara.....if she's healthy she'd be a big contributor to UConn up front .......
No, on level of importance. But she has the one commodity not teachable. Six Ft 7 inches. Great health or not so great, if she can play--that's a plus. As pointed out above--I'd rather see her in a UConn Uniform than ND, Baylor, Tx, Louisville, nearly anyone else. That seems to answer the question of---DO WE WANT HER???
@Carnac---theses days Prince is the only reason to look at the BY.

Reaction Score
The same questions existed for Gabby & Liv

maybe so but I think the medical procedures to repair ACL/MCL tears have gotten so good that in the vast number of cases the player returns to 100% or very close to it over time..............I'm not sure the same can be said for such a nasty break like SP suffered..................I'm sure the BY medical experts will chime in on this one............................

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
IMO it is important because Sedona is a really good player (as is Olivia BTW) and UCONN has not had much success in recent recruiting classes landing a post player. There is room on the UCONN roster for another really good player and one could easily argue that "another" really good post play is mandatory for UCONN WBB to return to winning national championships. Selfishly I also don't want to see her in a ND or Oregon uniform.

Reaction Score
IMO it is important because Sedona is a really good player (as is Olivia BTW) and UCONN has not had much success in recent recruiting classes landing a post player. There is room on the UCONN roster for another really good player and one could easily argue that "another" really good post play is mandatory for UCONN WBB to return to winning national championships. Selfishly I also don't want to see her in a ND or Oregon uniform.
If not us, I hope the Delaware Hens land her. Lol

Reaction Score
Matchups are very important in the game of basketball. Just this last week Cambage had a very difficult time when she was matched up against McCowan and K. Brown one game right after the other. I don't think she was used to playing against someone of their size both with respect to height and weight. She didn't go off until overtime when McCowan was on the bench.

My point is that a player like Prince would be an asset against the right teams. Had she been playing for Uconn against Baylor the result might have been different in that she would have been able to negate Brown without the help of a double team. Makes a big difference. Being 3 inches and taller and a larger player than Ono makes a big difference against certain players. The size of post players is increasing every year. WCBB will begin to see more players like Cambage, McCown, and Brown. It would be to teams advantage if they have someone who can put a big body on them and match up defensively.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
In a nutshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99