SEC Regular Season 2023 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

SEC Regular Season 2023

Reaction Score
Florida has just been riddled with injuries. Broughton out for the year in preseason, and Merritt hasn't played since early December. Correa missed some time as well. Matharu isn't eligible, apparently (2nd transfer non-waiver?) Their team has been a M*A*S*H unit at times.
I was expecting some consistency from Florida this year. I was expecting them to be in the middle of the pack.

Reaction Score
It's Hard not to love watching Arkansas.
They are fun at times to watch. Sometimes I am watching their games and I cringe when I see the 1 vs 2 on the fast break. Like there is no way the Arkansas player is going to score in that situation. They don't. Spencer and Daniels had several plays like that. But Arkansas makes it fun.

Reaction Score
Terrible news for Mississippi State. Alasia Hayes and Ramoni Parker are currently out due to concussion and another unknown injury, respectively. Anastasia Hayes is out right now due to a personal matter (not discipline related according to Coach Purcell’s press conference and now this.
STARKVILLE — Mississippi State women's basketball will be without forward Denae Carter for an "extended period of time" due to a torn meniscus, a team spokesperson told the Clarion Ledger. The is no timetable for her return, but MSU is hopeful she will play again this season.

Carter is a sophomore who has appeared in 17 games this season − averaging 5.5 points and 5.8 rebounds − despite tearing her ACL last January.

Reaction Score
Terrible news for Mississippi State. Alasia Hayes and Ramoni Parker are currently out due to concussion and another unknown injury, respectively. Anastasia Hayes is out right now due to a personal matter (not discipline related according to Coach Purcell’s press conference and now this.
STARKVILLE — Mississippi State women's basketball will be without forward Denae Carter for an "extended period of time" due to a torn meniscus, a team spokesperson told the Clarion Ledger. The is no timetable for her return, but MSU is hopeful she will play again this season.

Carter is a sophomore who has appeared in 17 games this season − averaging 5.5 points and 5.8 rebounds − despite tearing her ACL last January.

I saw about Carter earlier. Poor girl just can’t catch a break. Wasn’t aware of Annie. Ugh.

Reaction Score
Auburn takes down Ole Miss today. A&M gets their first SEC win with Barker leading the way with 24 points on 10/11 shooting. Definitely wasn't expecting that

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I will say, what a great crowd!!
Why was it a great crowd? it was about average with 7,298 while the game before, Auburn had 11,475. The season average is 7,400

Reaction Score
Auburn takes down Ole Miss today. A&M gets their first SEC win with Barker leading the way with 24 points on 10/11 shooting. Definitely wasn't expecting that
I didn’t realize J Barker was that big. She has a very powerful build. I was also impressed with J Malone. She has great size but moves very nimbly.

Reaction Score
Annie Hayes and Ramoni Parker returned to action today. In the second half J Jordan injured her ankle. A Johnson played point for an extended time and Annie Hayes played shooting guard. For the first time this season she went into attack mode like her previous seasons. She had 17 points on 4-6 shooting and 9-10 from the line.
R Parker also played very well and didn’t have any rust from the layoff. She almost exclusively played the four (often alongside J Carter) whereas she had previously played the five.

Reaction Score
Congrats to A&M and Auburn on getting their wins today. Hopefully Vandy and Coach Ralph can get their first SEC win of the season. They play A&M soon.

Reaction Score
Do I need to adjust the color on my tv or did the Missouri coach have a very intense yellow to her skin tone in the game against TN?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
92-46 score is doubling up. So, yes

But the rebounds were 74-17so that's quadrupling+ up on the boards
Well here’s another reason:SC was 30-76 in shootings which includes 5-8 from 3 point land. That is simply atrocious shooting considering how much size advantage SC has that we would hope you could get all those missed bunny shots. :eek:

Reaction Score
Janiah Barker is showing why WNBA scouts have her pegged as the #1 pick of this freshmen class. With her they can compete with top teams without her they will go winless. Happy she's back just praying she leaves Joni alone and enters the portal to where she can be seen. She's a lights camera action type player who can be overly annoying at times but her game backs it up. She's not getting her due justice in college station in my opinion no time soon .

Reaction Score
Well here’s another reason:SC was 30-76 in shootings which includes 5-8 from 3 point land. That is simply atrocious shooting considering how much size advantage SC has that we would hope you could get all those missed bunny shots. :eek:

In the 4th Period, South Carolina's starting 5 played a total of 0 of the possible 50 minutes, compared to Arkansas' starting five playing a total of 22 minutes. Those reserves for the Gamecocks shot 5-20 (25.0%) for the quarter, and pulled down 18 rebounds.

In the 1st Period, the Gamecocks shot 8-18 (44.4%) and pulled down 19 boards.
In the 2nd Period, they shot 9-18 (50.0%) and collected 19 rebounds.
In the 3rd Period, they shot 8-20 (40.0%) and pulled down 18 rebounds.

Through the first 3 quarters of play, the Gamecocks shot 25-56 (44.6%) and pulled down 56 rebounds. The 44.6% accuracy is not far from their season average of 47.6% which is just outside of top 10 nationally, and would be a top 50 national ranking for FG % which is decent, and certainly does not fall into "simply atrocious" as a category. The 56 rebounds would lead the nation if it was the season average.

Conclusion:

misleading.gif

The Gamecocks did NOT shoot at a "simply atrocious" rate for much of their game versus Arkansas as the respondent claimed, but actually shot decent to excellent throughout the first 3 quarters, and STILL generated high rebounding numbers. In fact, in the 1st half, the Gamecocks shot 17-36 (47.2%) and still collected MORE rebounds than they did in the 2nd half, when they shot 13-40 (32.5%). Based on Respondent's theory, one would have expected the Gamecocks to have pulled down MORE rebounds - and not less - rebounds in the 2nd half, than they pulled down in the 1st half.

:cool:

Reaction Score
In the 4th Period, South Carolina's starting 5 played a total of 0 of the possible 50 minutes, compared to Arkansas' starting five playing a total of 22 minutes. Those reserves for the Gamecocks shot 5-20 (25.0%) for the quarter, and pulled down 18 rebounds.

Through the first 3 quarters of play, the Gamecocks shot 25-56 (44.6%) and pulled down 56 rebounds. The 44.6% accuracy is not far from their season average of 47.6% which is just outside of top 10 nationally, and would be a top 50 national ranking for FG % which is decent, and certainly does not fall into "simply atrocious" as a category. The 56 rebounds would lead the nation if it was the season average.

Conclusion:

misleading.gif

The Gamecocks did NOT shoot at a "simply atrocious" rate for much of their game versus Arkansas as the respondent claimed, but actually shot decent to excellent throughout the first 3 quarters, and STILL generated high rebounding numbers. In fact, in the 1st half, the Gamecocks shot 17-36 (47.2%) and still collected MORE rebounds than they did in the 2nd half, when they shot 13-40 (32.5%). Based on Respondent's theory, one would have expected the Gamecocks to have pulled down MORE rebounds - and not less - rebounds in the 2nd half, than they pulled down in the 1st half.

Mic drop.

Reaction Score

Conclusion:

misleading.gif

I think I heard "oh snap" somewhere when I finished reading that post.

Reaction Score
noticed LSU was off today so I decided to check over the remaining SEC schedules for USC, LSU, and UT. the Tigers must have a friend in the SEC offices as LSU has mid-week byes prior to playing both the Vols (1/30) and the Gamecocks (2/12).

a week to prepare and fresh legs for their main competition for the regular season crown.
advantage or will it matter?

Reaction Score
noticed LSU was off today so I decided to check over the remaining SEC schedules for USC, LSU, and UT. the Tigers must have a friend in the SEC offices as LSU has mid-week byes prior to playing both the Vols (1/30) and the Gamecocks (2/12).

a week to prepare and fresh legs for their main competition for the regular season crown.
advantage or will it matter?
Its not going to matter. LSU will get embarrassed by both teams.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I don't know what their schedule has been like, but Ole Miss beat Arkansas today to improve to 7-2 in conference. I thought they were supposed to take a big step back w/ Austin moving to the WNBA.

Neighbors continuing to show me that Plum made him look like a much better coach than he actually was.

Reaction Score
I don't know what their schedule has been like, but Ole Miss beat Arkansas today to improve to 7-2 in conference. I thought they were supposed to take a big step back w/ Austin moving to the WNBA.

Neighbors continuing to show me that Plum made him look like a much better coach than he actually was.
They have road games at Tennessee, LSU and Alabama and still have to play South Carolina at home, not to mention a couple middle of the road teams that could jump up and get them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom