SEC Regular Season 2023 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

SEC Regular Season 2023

Reaction Score

Mad respect for Coach Yo! It's pretty obvious that she is building something in Oxford. She's probably my second or third favorite coach in the conference. She's battling it out with Mike Neighbors for #2. I think many people give her flack because she is unapologetically herself. Critics see the "mad black woman" stereotype and they can't see beyond that stereotype to realize the stellar coaching job and recruiting she has done over the years. She is a fantastic coach!

Reaction Score
I was one that said UM would fall back into obscurity when S Austin graduated. I really give her props for the job she has done this season.
I haven't been that impressed and expected drop off. But they are doing what you have to do if you can't skip the hard part.

Reaction Score
Worried about the Scar vs UTK game this Thursday. we have not won much in that arena dating back to the Coach summit era. ...and Tenn is lion that that still has claws..

Reaction Score
5:00 Alabama at Florida (SEC+)
6:00 Kentucky at Texas A&M (SEC Network)
6:00 (1) South Carolina at Tennessee (ESPN)
6:00 Missouri at Ole Miss (SEC+)
6:00 Auburn at Georgia (SEC+)
6:30 (5) LSU at Vanderbilt (SEC+)
8:00 Arkansas at Mississippi State (SEC Network)

Reaction Score
5:00 Alabama at Florida (SEC+)
6:00 Kentucky at Texas A&M (SEC Network)
6:00 (1) South Carolina at Tennessee (ESPN)
6:00 Missouri at Ole Miss (SEC+)
6:00 Auburn at Georgia (SEC+)
6:30 (5) LSU at Vanderbilt (SEC+)
8:00 Arkansas at Mississippi State (SEC Network)
Isn't this at 7? Or are you referencing the Central time zone times for these games?

Reaction Score
At times I feel like ESPN makes odd choices for how the spread the games across their networks. Like, I would think that people would rather watch LSU/Vandy over Kentucky/Texas A&M but LSU/Vandy is relegated to their streaming platform. I have absolutely no desire to watch the Kentucky/Texas A&M game. Like, I'd rather watch any other SEC matchup over that one...

Reaction Score
At times I feel like ESPN makes odd choices for how the spread the games across their networks. Like, I would think that people would rather watch LSU/Vandy over Kentucky/Texas A&M but LSU/Vandy is relegated to their streaming platform. I have absolutely no desire to watch the Kentucky/Texas A&M game. Like, I'd rather watch any other SEC matchup over that one...
I wish I could like this more than once as I agree. However my understanding is there is a minimum every team has to be on the main network and they spread them out prior to the season.

Reaction Score
Tenn. is 49-10 against South Carolina all time .. just to put it into perspective. Coach Staley has 9 of those wins. the only other win coming in 1981. As dominate as we are-Tenn. is the standard in the SEC. with everybody else in the SEC we have a winning record or the margin is very close.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
SC makes 5 or more 3 pointers tonight they win easily . Make 5 or less they struggle to win and possibly lose as the Vols have 2 formidable WNBA first round picks. Unlike the Cocks.

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
State with a big win tonight over Arkansas.
Going to Red Stick Sunday for a huge game against the Ben-Gals.
Certainly we are heavy under Dawgs but this team has been playing well lately for the most part.
Would be a tremendous win if we can pull it off.

In any case, I think our bleeding has stopped with Coach Purcell. Hopefully this will be the start of something good again with our WBB program.
And we can have a stable head coach and staff.

Reaction Score
Isn't this at 7? Or are you referencing the Central time zone times for these games?
Sorry about that. I live in the Central Time Zone, and some times I forget most people on the board don't.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Tenn. is 49-10 against South Carolina all time .. just to put it into perspective. Coach Staley has 9 of those wins. the only other win coming in 1981. As dominate as we are-Tenn. is the standard in the SEC. with everybody else in the SEC we have a winning record or the margin is very close.
Historically—yes. In the modern era SC is the standard.

Reaction Score
State with a big win tonight over Arkansas.
Going to Red Stick Sunday for a huge game against the Ben-Gals.
Certainly we are heavy under Dawgs but this team has been playing well lately for the most part.
Would be a tremendous win if we can pull it off.

In any case, I think our bleeding has stopped with Coach Purcell. Hopefully this will be the start of something good again with our WBB program.
And we can have a stable head coach and staff.
I feel like this game cemented Miss State as a NCAA tournament team while simultaneously removing any prayer for Arkansas. Good game!

Reaction Score
I feel like this game cemented Miss State as a NCAA tournament team while simultaneously removing any prayer for Arkansas. Good game!
The tensing game and tournament COULD still have some effect on this - but, in general, I agree. I expect both schools to enter the conference as 20 game winners.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
What is going on in Fayetteville? There's a decent amount of talent on that Arkansas team. There's no reason a team with Makayla Daniels, Jersey Wolfenbarger, Sasha Goforth, Samara Spencer and Saylor Poffenbarger can't finish top 5 in the SEC, especially this year.

Reaction Score
Sorry about that. I live in the Central Time Zone, and some times I forget most people on the board don't.
The same could be said about those of us who live in the Eastern Time zone. ;)

Reaction Score
The tensing game and tournament COULD still have some effect on this - but, in general, I agree. I expect both schools to enter the conference as 20 game winners.
Even with a win they'll be 7-9 in the SEC. Do many teams make it to the tournament with a losing conference record? I feel like they'd have to beat A&M, make a deep run in the SEC tournament, and pray that the mid major conference tournament finals don't result in any upsets for the NCAA tournament auto bids.

What is going on in Fayetteville? There's a decent amount of talent on that Arkansas team. There's no reason a team with Makayla Daniels, Jersey Wolfenbarger, Sasha Goforth, Samara Spencer and Saylor Poffenbarger can't finish top 5 in the SEC, especially this year.
Agree. I was expecting a lot more out of Arkansas this season. I thought they were a top 25 team in the preseason. They have all the tools to be successful. I think Mike Neighbors tried too hard to make this team fit his system instead of the other way around. That's the only way I can rationalize it.

Reaction Score
I agree. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Goforth sit out this season for mental health reasons?

Wolfenbarger's development is perplexing. A starter last season, now coming off the bench and less playing time. Dauda is still getting accustomed to NCAA play after redshirting due to injury last year. A headscratcher for sure.

Reaction Score
I agree. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Goforth sit out this season for mental health reasons?

Wolfenbarger's development is perplexing. A starter last season, now coming off the bench and less playing time. Dauda is still getting accustomed to NCAA play after redshirting due to injury last year. A headscratcher for sure.
Goforth has some stomach ailment. Saylor needs to play better defense and work on shot selection and Jersey is not a guard no matter how many times she says it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom