SEC Regular Season 2023 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

SEC Regular Season 2023

Reaction Score
They could absolutely beat LSU. Jessica is a handful and I think she will frustrate Reese.
J Carter is more of a finesse player. Four coaching staffs over five years have been trying to get her to play physical. I’m starting to think it’s not going to happen. It is beyond frustrating.

Reaction Score
Win over Tennessee raised the expectations of our program. Can no long accept losing to Missouri or A&M or Florida. Personally I think 5-0 next 5 games is the only option but that's just me.
If we go 5-0 next 5 games, Annie has to be the Annie of last year. She is so quick driving to the basket every time she gets the ball will cause any team problems. Look to shoot before she passes. Annie is a scorer and Coach Purcell needs to take advantage of the overall speed this team has at the guard position but that just my opinion.

Reaction Score
J Carter is more of a finesse player. Four coaching staffs over five years have been trying to get her to play physical. I’m starting to think it’s not going to happen. It is beyond frustrating.
I think facing a player like Angel Reese would challenge her and bring out the best in Carter. I was more impress at the amount of scoring options you have. Seems like you have more players now. Did you'll have players injured or missing early in the season?

Reaction Score
Win over Tennessee raised the expectations of our program. Can no long accept losing to Missouri or A&M or Florida. Personally I think 5-0 next 5 games is the only option but that's just me.
From what I saw last night you guys have the talent. Of course, you know it will take more than that to run the table. From the coach to the players, it was like you'll was trying to give the game to Tennessee.

Reaction Score
I think facing a player like Angel Reese would challenge her and bring out the best in Carter. I was more impress at the amount of scoring options you have. Seems like you have more players now. Did you'll have players injured or missing early in the season?
D Carter was slow to come back from her knee injury then injured her other knee. However she is back now. R Parker and N Gony were out for a while with undisclosed reasons. A Smith was hurt earlier. Annie Hayes has missed a game and her younger sister has been out with injury as well as M Moore, another freshman point. D Carter and R Parker are key pieces inside.
Regarding talent there are several pretty good to very good players. Annie Hayes is the closest to being a very high level player. J Carter has elite talent and size. She simply isn’t a killer and not a fan of contact. Mississippi State has the ability to give some very good teams fits but is still a work in progress. This includes the coach. The Tennessee game he simplified the offense and ran more dribble drives instead of so many sets. It really played to their strengths.

Reaction Score
D Carter was slow to come back from her knee injury then injured her other knee. However she is back now. R Parker and N Gony were out for a while with undisclosed reasons. A Smith was hurt earlier. Annie Hayes has missed a game and her younger sister has been out with injury as well as M Moore, another freshman point. D Carter and R Parker are key pieces inside.
Regarding talent there are several pretty good to very good players. Annie Hayes is the closest to being a very high level player. J Carter has elite talent and size. She simply isn’t a killer and not a fan of contact. Mississippi State has the ability to give some very good teams fits but is still a work in progress. This includes the coach. The Tennessee game he simplified the offense and ran more dribble drives instead of so many sets. It really played to their strengths.
Coach Purcell has definitely made this season interesting and is finding ways to win. Personally, I think he was a key cog at Louisville and they sorely miss having him on the sidelines.

Reaction Score
If we go 5-0 next 5 games, Annie has to be the Annie of last year. She is so quick driving to the basket every time she gets the ball will cause any team problems. Look to shoot before she passes. Annie is a scorer and Coach Purcell needs to take advantage of the overall speed this team has at the guard position but that just my opinion.

During the end of the game she was shaking her right hand. Is she okay?

Reaction Score
It was a shame that Auburn was without Coulibaly for their game against South Carolina. I didn't realize she was not available until the game began.....

Reaction Score
During the end of the game she was shaking her right hand. Is she okay?
Just saw this. Yes, she is good. She played the most minutes Monday and rested a fair amount Thursday. She and a couple other starters played only about 20 minutes or so.

Reaction Score
Honestly I think Cardozo is going to end up being better than Boston (Don’t hurt me). She is the one I wish we had gotten to come to CT.

Reaction Score
Honestly I think Cardozo is going to end up being better than Boston (Don’t hurt me). She is the one I wish we had gotten to come to CT.
I mean who the heck is going to be able to stop 6'7 when you have Boston, Saxton, and the other big posts from SC with her?

I think no one unless you collapse the paint that dramatically and force SC to shoot nothing but mostly outside shots.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
One of the curiosities to me is the 3-8 placement for the SEC Tournament with entrants wanting to avoid 4/5 and 8 slots.

Tennessee at 10-2 while still having SC to play, seems like a lock at #3, though tonight at Arkansas could throw a wrench into that. They have Auburn and Kentucky left as well. They should finish 13-3 or 12-4
Ole Miss is 9-3 with LSU, SC, Missouri and Alabama on the docket. They should finish 10-6 (According to Massey) and be the 5th seed.
Alabama is 8-4 with Vandy, MSU, Florida and Ole Miss left and should finish at 12-4 but lose the tie-break to Tennessee so 4th seeding for them.
MSU is 7-5 with Missouri, Alabama, Arkansas and LSU left to finish at 10-6 but lose the tie-break to Ole Miss. Looks like 6th seed for them
Arkansas is 6-6 with Tennessee, @Georgia, MSU and Texas A&M left to finish at 7-9. This places them 8th and a far cry from the project 3rd place poll at the beginning of the season.
Georgia is 6-6 with Kentucky, Arkansas, Auburn and SC left to finish at 9-7. This gives them 7th.

Reaction Score
Full schedule, no more off days. Times are EST.

6:00 Texas A&M at Auburn (SEC+)
7:00 Florida at (1) South Carolina (SEC+
7:00 Georgia at Kentucky (SEC+)
7:00 Tennessee at Arkansas (SEC Network)
7:00 Vanderbilt at Alabama (SEC+)
8:00 Mississippi State at Missouri (SEC+)
9:00 Ole Miss at (5) LSU (SEC Network)

Reaction Score
Full schedule, no more off days. Times are EST.

6:00 Texas A&M at Auburn (SEC+)
7:00 Florida at (1) South Carolina (SEC+
7:00 Georgia at Kentucky (SEC+)
7:00 Tennessee at Arkansas (SEC Network)
7:00 Vanderbilt at Alabama (SEC+)
8:00 Mississippi State at Missouri (SEC+)
9:00 Ole Miss at (5) LSU (SEC Network)
Huh?

Every remaining Gamecock game is scheduled to be televised.

That schedule is SECN only. Doesn't include ESPN, ESPN 2, etc.

Reaction Score
One of the curiosities to me is the 3-8 placement for the SEC Tournament with entrants wanting to avoid 4/5 and 8 slots.

Tennessee at 10-2 while still having SC to play, seems like a lock at #3, though tonight at Arkansas could throw a wrench into that. They have Auburn and Kentucky left as well. They should finish 13-3 or 12-4
Ole Miss is 9-3 with LSU, SC, Missouri and Alabama on the docket. They should finish 10-6 (According to Massey) and be the 5th seed.
Alabama is 8-4 with Vandy, MSU, Florida and Ole Miss left and should finish at 12-4 but lose the tie-break to Tennessee so 4th seeding for them.
MSU is 7-5 with Missouri, Alabama, Arkansas and LSU left to finish at 10-6 but lose the tie-break to Ole Miss. Looks like 6th seed for them
Arkansas is 6-6 with Tennessee, @Georgia, MSU and Texas A&M left to finish at 7-9. This places them 8th and a far cry from the project 3rd place poll at the beginning of the season.
Georgia is 6-6 with Kentucky, Arkansas, Auburn and SC left to finish at 9-7. This gives them 7th.
I've been doing similar mental exercises concerning the top 4 seeds and felt that Alabama was going to get the fourth seed, too. I haven't thought much about the top 8 seeds. But yeah, I would agree that it will be a battle between Ole Miss and Alabama for the 4/5 spot. I have a feeling the Ole Miss/Alabama regular season finale game will be must-see TV for SEC fans!

Reaction Score
Huh?

Every remaining Gamecock game is scheduled to be televised.

That schedule is SECN only. Doesn't include ESPN, ESPN 2, etc.
Don't know what to tell you. I'm sure you're right, but that schedule comes directly from the SEC sports website. They do normally list ESPN games since ESPN is tied into the whole shebang. Could just be a mistake, I guess. Sunday's Tennessee game, for instance, is slated for ESPN2 on the site.

Reaction Score

I like your optimism for MSU.

Reaction Score
Focus has been the issue. Boston is a little like Bueckers in that you somewhat rarely see her make the wrong decision or miss her mark.

Cardoso is up and down.
Cardoso is still a work in progress on defense. Yes she can block shots, but her awareness and reaction time are lacking on defense allowing many easy baskets to be scored against her still. Staley is trying hard to coach up her defensive instincts but she is miles away from Boston as a defender still.

Reaction Score
I watched the game. We did everything we could to lose that game. Less than a minute to go in first OT, up by 4, with Annie shooting 2 free throws and State to retain possession after free throws and we ended up tied at the end of the OT. Not sure an old man’s heart can take that drama!
Yet he loses to Missouri in a must win game by 12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom