SEC 21-22 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

SEC 21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There have been debates about that, but since nondisclosure acts were signed by both the school and NMP.... there is room to debate why they were signed. But I won't get into that, since I've moved on.

I think she failed overall and has definitely set discontent in many people watching our once very glorious team, and I don't think any excuse mitigates that fact because where I'm from it's "no excuses. get it done."

Also, I don't think what's good for McCray comes before what's good for MSU, which I've heard lots of people argue for. I'm not much concerned about what's fair for her or not, because honestly I care about our team more. Sorry, but that's just how I roll.
Respectfully the sole reason she resigned was due to the return of her cancer. In your first post that I responded to you said it “appeared optically” that she resigned at least partially due due to her failure. Now you are changing and bringing up some ominous statement about nondisclosures. Again her performance during her tenure is absolutely up for all debate and criticism. I think Coach Novak has done a much better job to date than she did last season in every aspect. However she was forced to step away due to her illness and only her illness. There is no hidden reason. I don’t how to be more clear on this.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Respectfully the sole reason she resigned was due to the return of her cancer. In your first post that I responded to you said it “appeared optically” that she resigned at least partially due due to her failure. Now you are changing and bringing up some ominous statement about nondisclosures. Again her performance during her tenure is absolutely up for all debate and criticism. I think Coach Novak has done a much better job to date than she did last season in every aspect. However she was forced to step away due to her illness and only her illness. There is no hidden reason. I don’t how to be more clear on this.

Yes, nondisclosures are generally signed because they're telling us everything.... lol I don't pretend to know all of what happened, but I'm also not gonna just trust what I'm told and just take your word for it that it's that and only that. Agree to disagree.

Reaction Score
Yes, nondisclosures are generally signed because they're telling us everything.... lol I don't pretend to know all of what happened, but I'm also not gonna just trust what I'm told and just take your word for it that it's that and only that. Agree to disagree.
Before retirement I owned a small defense contractor business, Non disclosure agreements were routinely signed by all our management and technical staff. The NDAs are an integral part of the hiring process. I do not see anything wrong or usual about the NDA signed by Nikki. However, I agree with Simple, the McCray hire was the worst hire Cohen has made while at MSST. McCray took a team of physical inside players and tried to convert them to a group of outside three point shooters, if Cohen did not realize that was her style then he failed in his due diligence. The obvious choice, given he could not hire an elite coach, was coach Johnnie, she was already a integral part of Vic’s staff, familiar with all the players, and would have kept the same style of play that worked so well under Vic. John Cohen did not do his job!

Reaction Score
She literally only coached for one year, a year that was riddled with unknown and play be ear Covid protocols and with a team she inherited. I get that you don't like her but it seems a little unreasonable to blame everything on McCray after literally 1 season.

And this new guy is better?

Reaction Score
Nikki is gone. You got what you wanted. Why are you still on her case? If your program crumbled after one season then you did not have much of a program to begin with. Vic saw the handwriting on the wall and he left. You should blame him for your predicament not Nikki.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Nikki is gone. You got what you wanted. Why are you still on her case? If your program crumbled after one season then you did not have much of a program to begin with. Vic saw the handwriting on the wall and he left. You should blame him for your predicament not Nikki.

I know you didn't follow before South Carolina got good, but almost every women's basketball program has a natural tendency to taper down a bit after a top class graduates. it takes a great coach to maintain it at least for a few years, and McCray proves she's not that.

Reaction Score
I know you didn't follow before South Carolina got good, but almost every women's basketball program has a natural tendency to taper down a bit after a top class graduates. it takes a great coach to maintain it at least for a few years, and McCray proves she's not that.
I actually did follow the women program and attended the games when I was in college in the 90s. However, it is much better now to follow them.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
I actually did follow the women program and attended the games when I was in college in the 90s. However, it is much better now to follow them.

Ok great. Don't try to say it's Vic's fault. He left Starkville.. yes. But why did Mulkey leave Waco? Seems like the exact similar scenario if you ask me.

Vic doesn't miss the tournament with last year's team. We're not expecting a national championship, just to field somewhat of a decent team is all I'm asking for. It's clear McCray is nowhere near the level of Vic, and there is serious doubt if she's an SEC caliber coach. All I'm saying is that.

Reaction Score
Ok great. Don't try to say it's Vic's fault. He left Starkville.. yes. But why did Mulkey leave Waco? Seems like the exact similar scenario if you ask me.

Vic doesn't miss the tournament with last year's team. We're not expecting a national championship, just to field somewhat of a decent team is all I'm asking for. It's clear McCray is nowhere near the level of Vic, and there is serious doubt if she's an SEC caliber coach. All I'm saying is that.
Pray for her and move on. please!

Reaction Score

Probably not because those was his players and the system that he ran the players were recruited for it. Nikki wanted to do her own thing and I can't blame her for that. I would have liked to see how she would have done in year 2. However, she is no longer there and you can stop hating on her.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Probably not because those was his players and the system that he ran the players were recruited for it. Nikki wanted to do her own thing and I can't blame her for that. I would have liked to see how she would have done in year 2. However, she is no longer there and you can stop hating on her.

Well I'm not hating on her right now. I'm just discussing basketball and answering that guy's reply, but somehow construed as hating on her based on my previous posts. But I see your point, yes. Argument over.

Reaction Score
Pray for her and move one please

Reaction Score
Praying for Coach McCray

Now back to the topic at hand. Tomorrow for SEC play:

-#21 Kentucky at #1 SC (1 ET)
-#7 Tennessee at Ole Miss (1 ET)
-Florida at #25 Texas A&M (3 ET)
-Vanderbilt at Miss St (3 ET)
-Alabama at #15 Georgia (3 ET)
-Missouri at Arkansas (3 ET)
- #13 LSU at Auburn (5 ET)

The first two are intriguing to me. Ole Miss has done well this year although a limited sample size. Which Kentucky team will show up in SC? They are pretty up and down.

Reaction Score
Praying for Coach McCray

The first two are intriguing to me. Ole Miss has done well this year although a limited sample size. Which Kentucky team will show up in SC? They are pretty up and down.
Big upset tomorrow, Auburn takes down LSU!

Reaction Score
Praying for Coach McCray

It is up in the air if R Jackson and/or A Jones will be available for MSU tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Praying for Coach McCray

You know SC will get Kentucky’s best shot. They are actually playing pretty good right now. We will see.

Reaction Score
Wow, there has been quite a bit of banter about NMP. Frankly she didn't get it done but I would have given her one more chance to right the ship. She resigned and I have no doubt her health played a role but I also wonder what else went on. In hindsight Harris should have gotten the job but I know why NMP did. Her resume and reputation were good. And Waltz was never going to leave Louisville for Starkville no matter what was said.

To me Cohen screwed this hire up big time just like he did with Moorhead. When Cohen got the job I was immediately disappointed because he was the cheap, lazy hire. Strickin and Byrne are now at FL and AL. I can assure you no other SEC or P5 program would hire Cohen away from MSU. He was the baseball coach. That's it. I see nothing that would give any indication he knows how to run a SEC athletic department.

Novak seems to have at least stopped the bleeding. I don't think we are a threat to do much of anything conference or tournament wise even with a little bit of talent but maybe he will surprise me again. I do think we should try to make a big hire but I think Vic was a once in a lifetime find.

Reaction Score
Mississippi State has seven available players versus Vanderbilt today. Unreal.

Reaction Score
Mississippi State has seven available players versus Vanderbilt today. Unreal.
Hard to believe, we won! This team just does not quit. Foul trouble for Myra, 3 in first half, no size, actually played 5 guards at one point. Coach Novak totally involved really keep them together even when things looked bad. Starting to love our team and our never give up coach!

Reaction Score
Mississippi State beats Vanderbilt 70-63. Anastasia Hayes with 31 points. She has really embraced the scoring role with R Jackson out. Mississippi State is playing with unreal defensive effort right and doing a very good job mixing their set plays with some motion on offense.

Reaction Score
A&M and Gators going to second overtime. ( not a game post right? It’s like a pre-game post: they are just getting ready to start the game. Right?)

Reaction Score
Hard to believe, we won! This team just does not quit. Foul trouble for Myra, 3 in first half, no size, actually played 5 guards at one point. Coach Novak totally involved really keep them together even when things looked bad. Starting to love our team and our never give up coach!
He does a very good job of keeping things steady. He also makes great halftime adjustments. However I really love watching Coach Benton in the background. He is really animated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom