SEC 21-22 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

SEC 21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
R Jackson and Ashley Jones out tonight for MSU’s game versus Alabama. Two assistants out too.

Reaction Score
Does ESPN cover SEC and SEC+ games free? Now I can watch all the SEC games in ESPN.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does ESPN covers SEC and SEC+ games free? Now I can watch all the SEC games in ESPN.
I can watch SEC+ games on the ESPN app on my television. I was even able to watch Longhorn Network this week.

Reaction Score
I can watch SEC+ games on the ESPN app on my television. I was even able to watch Longhorn Network this week.
I think since the announcement of Texas/OU heading to SEC, LHN has been opened up to viewers w/ access to SECN.

Reaction Score
Great gut check win tonight for MSU at Alabama, especially missing R Jackson and Ashley Jones. Outstanding game plan and execution with a depleted roster. Most impressive to me is how Coach Novak kept the team steady throughout the game.

Reaction Score
Florida's Lavender Briggs says shes done for the season (nagging injury)

Reaction Score
Great gut check win tonight for MSU at Alabama, especially missing R Jackson and Ashley Jones. Outstanding game plan and execution with a depleted roster. Most impressive to me is how Coach Novak kept the team steady throughout the game.
I watched the game, we only had 7 players. Coach Novak did an outstanding job, it appears to me he is head coach material. If we can recruit Madison Booker I feel we could be really good in a couple of years. Hope Coach Novak can get us to the big dance, if he does he should be upgraded to Permanent HC.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Arkansas and A&M not looking good makes me think we can stay above .500 this year and get to the tournament... we got 2 games against Arky. But also 2 games against Mizzou who's clearly in the upper half of the SEC. Come on now. We gotta admit that.

Reaction Score
Sec power rankings?
  1. Sc
  2. Tenn
  3. Lsu
  4. Ky
  5. Ga
  6. Mo
  7. Miss
  8. Tamu
  9. Miss st
  10. Ark
  11. Aub
  12. Vandy
  13. Bama
  14. Fla

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
I think since the announcement of Texas/OU heading to SEC, LHN has been opened up to viewers w/ access to SECN.
I have YouTube TV and ESPN wouldn't let me watch the Longhorn Network. I tried after I read you comment.

Reaction Score
Arkansas and A&M not looking good makes me think we can stay above .500 this year and get to the tournament... we got 2 games against Arky. But also 2 games against Mizzou who's clearly in the upper half of the SEC. Come on now. We gotta admit that.
Simple, what you think about Coach Novak? I also believe we still have a good chance to make the big dance, the only game I have watched this team play where I thought they were not fully engaged was the Troy game. Players gave all they had against Alabama and I think that was a real credit to them and Coach Novak. This team deserves our support, they are giving us all they can, just hope our fans follow their lead.

Reaction Score
I have YouTube TV and ESPN wouldn't let me watch the Longhorn Network. I tried after I read you comment.
Same for me, Longhorn network is not available on Youtubetv.

Reaction Score
Updated to include Bracketology released today.

1641591702921.png

Full history can be found in 2021-22 Creme Bracketology google sheet.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Simple, what you think about Coach Novak? I also believe we still have a good chance to make the big dance, the only game I have watched this team play where I thought they were not fully engaged was the Troy game. Players gave all they had against Alabama and I think that was a real credit to them and Coach Novak. This team deserves our support, they are giving us all they can, just hope our fans follow their lead.

He should've been coach last year. Just think where our program could be right now if Cohen didn't drop the ball so badly with women's basketball. It might not be where UConn-Stanford-South Carolina is right now, but it would not have fallen from grace like that. It's like everyone thinks the stupendous job he with did with baseball meant he can just airmail it with women's basketball and that was ok!

Reaction Score
He should've been coach last year. Just think where our program could be right now if Cohen didn't drop the ball so badly with women's basketball. It might not be where UConn-Stanford-South Carolina is right now, but it would not have fallen from grace like that. It's like everyone thinks the stupendous job he with did with baseball meant he can just airmail it with women's basketball and that was ok!
In fairness to John Cohen her resume looked very good. Obviously Coach Walz from Louisville would have been a homerun hire. After him Coach McCray-Penson had all the credentials. She had an incredible playing career, was the top assistant on a national championship team, and had done very well at Old Dominion.

I’m very impressed so far with Coach Novak but I would have completely lost my mind last season if we had hired the men’s coach from Bethel that played college tennis.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
In fairness to John Cohen her resume looked very good. Obviously Coach Walz from Louisville would have been a homerun hire. After him Coach McCray-Penson had all the credentials. She had an incredible playing career, was the top assistant on a national championship team, and had done very well at Old Dominion.

I’m very impressed so far with Coach Novak but I would have completely lost my mind last season if we had hired the men’s coach from Bethel that played college tennis.

Well I despised the NMP hire from the start, so obviously I saw something different than you from the onset. I would've hired Johnnie Harris if Walz wasn't coming but in my opinion we went cheap and didn't consider the possibility that we can fall just like that in such a short amount of time. Basically the worst case scenario happened. Whatever NMP did was bad beyond belief. We've never seen a program fall so hard so fast in such a short amount of time in women's basketball history even with a coaching change and that's the part that gets me.

Reaction Score
Well I despised the NMP hire from the start, so obviously I saw something different than you from the onset. I would've hired Johnnie Harris if Walz wasn't coming but in my opinion we went cheap and didn't consider the possibility that we can fall just like that in such a short amount of time. Basically the worst case scenario happened. Whatever NMP did was bad beyond belief. We've never seen a program fall so hard so fast in such a short amount of time in women's basketball history even with a coaching change and that's the part that gets me.
She literally only coached for one year, a year that was riddled with unknown and play be ear Covid protocols and with a team she inherited. I get that you don't like her but it seems a little unreasonable to blame everything on McCray after literally 1 season.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
She literally only coached for one year, a year that was riddled with unknown and play be ear Covid protocols and with a team she inherited. I get that you don't like her but it seems a little unreasonable to blame everything on McCray after literally 1 season.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm just replying to the previous poster. I'm done trying to spread dislike for NMP... I'm starting to get over it personally. I'm just discussing basketball so that part might've been misunderstood by some.

Well I don't know who's to blame here. You can say the players but Jackson, Cooks, Matharu, and Mingo all had their worst year last year. Cooks is averaging 14.4 points at Seton Hall, Matharu is averaging 15.3 at Texas, and Mingo 11.5 at Alabama after leaving. Jackson is averaging 20.1 this year. Seems strange all of them had their worst year under NMP. Not to mention Morris, Wiggins, maybe Carter all didn't look right from the kind of play they previously had with Vic.

Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong here, I'm just replying to the previous poster. I'm done trying to spread dislike for NMP... I'm starting to get over it personally. I'm just discussing basketball so that part might've been misunderstood by some.

Well I don't know who's to blame here. You can say the players but Jackson, Cooks, Matharu, and Mingo all had their worst year last year. Cooks is averaging 14.4 points at Seton Hall, Matharu is averaging 15.3 at Texas, and Mingo 11.5 at Alabama after leaving. Jackson is averaging 20.1 this year. Seems strange all of them had their worst year under NMP. Not to mention Morris, Wiggins, maybe Carter all didn't look right from the kind of play they previously had with Vic.
Or maybe they came to state for Schaefer and McCray isn't him. Last year was a difficult year and a sudden coaching change doesn't mean the team would have the same chemistry. If these were her recruits that she established a relationship with, I would consider what you're inferring but honestly I just don't think it's a fair assessment of McCray.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Or maybe they came to state for Schaefer and McCray isn't him. Last year was a difficult year and a sudden coaching change doesn't mean the team would have the same chemistry. If these were her recruits that she established a relationship with, I would consider what you're inferring but honestly I just don't think it's a fair assessment of McCray.

Well.. she resigned and appeared optically like part of her resignation was because of failure at her job, so in my opinion she goes down in the MSU history books as a failure. Fair or not I don't know, but I don't think we've been fair to the football coach either, or lots of teams are willing to be fair to lots of coaches across all sports, but I don't think she escapes criticism just because she had only 1 year.

Reaction Score
Well.. she resigned and appeared optically like part of her resignation was because of failure at her job, so in my opinion she goes down in the MSU history books as a failure. Fair or not I don't know, but I don't think we've been fair to the football coach either, or lots of teams are willing to be fair to lots of coaches across all sports, but I don't think she escapes criticism just because she had only 1 year.
Her tenure at MSU is absolutely fair game for criticism. I realize you caveated your statement with “appeared optically”. However her resignation was completely due to the return of her cancer. Sadly she is very sick.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Her tenure at MSU is absolutely fair game for criticism. I realize you caveated your statement with “appeared optically”. However her resignation was completely due to the return of her cancer. Sadly she is very sick.

There have been debates about that, but since nondisclosure acts were signed by both the school and NMP.... there is room to debate why they were signed. But I won't get into that, since I've moved on.

I think she failed overall and has definitely set discontent in many people watching our once very glorious team, and I don't think any excuse mitigates that fact because where I'm from it's "no excuses. get it done."

Also, I don't think what's good for McCray comes before what's good for MSU, which I've heard lots of people argue for. I'm not much concerned about what's fair for her or not, because honestly I care about our team more. Sorry, but that's just how I roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom