Season win over/unders | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Season win over/unders

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Too me the win/loss total is missing the point. If UConn wins 8 games, but the offense is in shambles and continues to be one of the worst in college football, and it's clear that GDL is still involved in the offensive play calling then we need a new coach. If we win 7 or even 6 games, go to a bowl game, and the offense shows significant improvement then I could live with Coach P. It's all about the ability to recognize what's not working and show the willingness to change and to correct one's mistakes.

I'm not a huge PP fan... I thought he should have been fired at the end of 2012. The offense and some in game decisions have driven me insane but there are things I like about him. PP seems to make good hires.. I like them all, Don Brown, TJ Weist, Shane Day, and keeping Hank Hughes all seem like solid moves to me... he has improved the recruiting on paper.. it's still debatable if that will translate on the field but he has improved rankings.. he seems to relate pretty well to a bunch of college kids at 63. You only need to listen to Sio Moore talk about PP to understand that he can coach.

So again 6,7,8 wins not really the point. Improving the offense... making strides forward... stop losing to MAC programs.. more the point.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Too me the win/loss total is missing the point. If UConn wins 8 games, but the offense is in shambles and continues to be one of the worst in college football, and it's clear that GDL is still involved in the offensive play calling then we need a new coach. If we win 7 or even 6 games, go to a bowl game, and the offense shows significant improvement then I could live with Coach P. It's all about the ability to recognize what's not working and show the willingness to change and to correct one's mistakes.

I'm not a huge PP fan... I thought he should have been fired at the end of 2012. The offense and some in game decisions have driven me insane but there are things I like about him. PP seems to make good hires.. I like them all, Don Brown, TJ Weist, Shane Day, and keeping Hank Hughes all seem like solid moves to me... he has improved the recruiting on paper.. it's still debatable if that will translate on the field but he has improved rankings.. he seems to relate pretty well to a bunch of college kids at 63. You only need to listen to Sio Moore talk about PP to understand that he can coach.

So again 6,7,8 wins not really the point. Improving the offense... making strides forward... stop losing to MAC programs.. more the point.
I think it is going to be quite impossible to win 8 while the offense is still in shambles.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I think it is going to be quite impossible to win 8 while the offense is still in shambles.
Stranger things have happened. It's very unlikely I agree... My gist is that it's more than just the win totals that matter here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom