UConn 5.5

BC 4.5
Maryland 6.5
Louisville 10.5
Michigan 9.5
Rutgers 6.5
Syracuse 4.5

Reaction Score
Sounds about right for us. I see a low of 4 and a ceiling of 7. If I had to wager on this (which I wouldn't) I'd probably take the under.

Reaction Score
What happens when P wins 8?

My guess is half the board complains he didn't win 9, while the other half complains that he didn't win the 8 games by enough points.

The other 10% will be happy to see uconn progressing and p having some success.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

My guess is half the board complains he didn't win 9, while the other half complains that he didn't win the 8 games by enough points.

Why don't you see if he wins eight before you crow about the potential reaction.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thanks whaler... I forgot the other half that doesn't want p to win any games so we can get a new coach.

Would you prefer he continue to not win games and keep his job like he has so far?

Reaction Score
UConn - Over (not picking a number)
BC - Under (3-4)
Maryland -Under (6)
Louisville - Under (10)
Michigan -Over (10)
Rutgers - Over (8)
Cuse - No idea to be honest

Reaction Score

you forgot about the 20% that will complain that 8 wins keeps P here for a contract extension

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Incredibly ignorant and insulting post. It's not about P. Folks here aren't down on P because they don't like him personally, it's because he's killing the program. If he was to win 8 games with this schedule, folks would be ecstatic. It would give the program life when they need it the most. It would give them momentum going into the 1st true season of the AAC.

Reaction Score
Incredibly ignorant and insulting post. It's not about P. Folks here aren't down on P because they don't like him personally, it's because he's killing the program. If he was to win 8 games with this schedule, folks would be ecstatic. It would give the program life when they need it the most. It would give them momentum going into the 1st true season of the AAC.
right... because this program had such a tradition of success prior to P that after 1 season of not exceeding expectations the entire nation is now wondering what happened to UConn football.
despite your comments, there are literally 1,000's of posts that would suggest it is about coach P. whether it's his personality, his demeanor, his ability to speak, his ability to make in game decisions, or his ability to coach, it's always been about coach P. the guy has been under a microscope since day 1. How can you possibly say it's not about coach P?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Part of me wants UConn to get 5 wins again so we find out whether Manuel would fire P and who he'd hire if he does. Part of me wants UConn to win 10 games and the offense to score 40 points a game so we find out whether tdhusky's head will explode. Maybe it only explodes if we score 40 points a game but all the TDs come from the running game and kick returns / defensive TDs.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Uconn plays 6 should be layups, 2 tuough but doable road games and 4 tough home games. Over. 6 should be done in our sleep, I mean p's sleep. He needs 9 to stay. 8 with the 4 big boys at home at losses would be interesting December 1st.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Actually, my preference is to see UConn win. Everything else is secondary.

No kidding but that wasn't the hypothetical I was offering, since that isn't much of a question.

Reaction Score
No kidding but that wasn't the hypothetical I was offering, since that isn't much of a question.
obviously, if I'm responding to your question with my preference you can gather that I don't prefer your scenario.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
obviously, if I'm responding to your question with my preference you can gather that I don't prefer your scenario.

Well if they win 5 I guess you can choose then.

Reaction Score
Uconn plays 6 should be layups, 2 tuough but doable road games and 4 tough home games. Over. 6 should be done in our sleep, I mean p's sleep. He needs 9 to stay. 8 with the 4 big boys at home at losses would be interesting December 1st.

While I may not agree that he would deserve it, we should all come to grips with the fact that 7 wins gets him another year.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
While I may not agree that he would deserve it, we should all come to grips with the fact that 7 wins gets him another year.
Not gonna happen, Dan is putting the 9 win minimum in stone so he has a license to keep **ing on Warde for the next 12-18 months.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
5dimes released a bunch.

UConn 5.5

BC 4.5
Maryland 6.5
Louisville 10.5
Michigan 9.5
Rutgers 6.5
Syracuse 4.5

I'll go with:

UConn - Over
BC - Under
Maryland - Under
Louisville - Under
Michigan - Under
Rutgers - Over
Syracuse - Over (but just by 0.5)

Reaction Score
6 should be a layup if TJ Weist makes any type of improvement at all. Memphis, Towson, Buffalo have to be wins. Temple lost their coach and RB, we have to beat Temple this year. Beat USF at home and win one other game and we have 6.

On another note, this year will decide whether P was "killing the program" or GDL was just killing the offense. The Defense has been very, very good under P and P has had some solid wins, this year is- the referendum. It's not like Edsall was always over .500 at UCONN. Edsall's program was 74 - 70 overall and 4 games under 500 in conference. That's the benchmark.

Reaction Score
If our offense was even average we win 8 games last year. The offense that they are installing has a lot of upside one they get it down. This year we are going to turn it around. 8-9 wins

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How can you possibly say it's not about coach P?

It's not about P the person, it's about his performance as coach. It's been abysmal. If he was to win 8 games this year, that would not be abysmal. People would be happy and start giving him more support.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I think we're winning 8 games this year. I'll be happy with 7 and a bowl as long as the losses are competitive losses to the "better" part of the schedule. If we win 5 or less and drop games to the likes of Buffalo, Temple, SMU, USF or Memphis, then we'll be riding the coaching carousel in the offseason for a shot of excitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom