Season win over/unders | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Season win over/unders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sometimes....ok all of the time I wonder about HFD's sanity. Please with the 9 win nonsense. Either you're setting the bar high because you want to reserve the right to keep bitching or you know nothing about football.

He's coming back with 7 wins. If he wins 8 I'll welcome him back with open arms after I'm served a steaming plate of crow.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
What happens when P wins 8?

My guess is half the board complains he didn't win 9, while the other half complains that he didn't win the 8 games by enough points.

The other 10% will be happy to see uconn progressing and p having some success.

Does this mean you usually give 110%?
wink.png

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Man, the in the now Husky fan in me sees Memphis, Towson, Buffalo, USF, Maryland, Temple and Rutgers (rivalry game at home) and thinks 6 wins isn't out of the question.

The long term fan sees 6 wins and P definitely coming back. I hate that thought.

Realist in me sees a 5-7 team from last year that lost a ton of NFL talent, with a much harder schedule and sees 4/5 wins and the P error mercifully coming to an end.

Reaction Score
It's not about P the person, it's about his performance as coach. It's been abysmal. If he was to win 8 games this year, that would not be abysmal. People would be happy and start giving him more support.
and I think there are people that will never give P credit if he wins 8 games.

Reaction Score
6 should be a layup if TJ Weist makes any type of improvement at all. Memphis, Towson, Buffalo have to be wins. Temple lost their coach and RB, we have to beat Temple this year. Beat USF at home and win one other game and we have 6.

On another note, this year will decide whether P was "killing the program" or GDL was just killing the offense. The Defense has been very, very good under P and P has had some solid wins, this year is- the referendum. It's not like Edsall was always over .500 at UCONN. Edsall's program was 74 - 70 overall and 4 games under 500 in conference. That's the benchmark.

Disagree. Edsall 9,8,8,8 wins in last 4 years with bowl every year. That's the benchmark.

Reaction Score
Honestly, 3-9 wouldn't surprise me and 10-2 wouldn't surprise. Team should be interesting.

Reaction Score
Disagree. Edsall 9,8,8,8 wins in last 4 years with bowl every year. That's the benchmark.

I like your style, only remember the good years. I assume that means if P wins 8 this year we can forget about his first two years.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I like your style, only remember the good years. I assume that means if P wins 8 this year we can forget about his first two years.

Yeah if P starts ripping off good seasons yes of course they will be forgotten.

Reaction Score

I'm not gonna bring up the trailers line....but can we please stop pretending that P and Edsall's first 2 years here even remotely resembled each other's?

It's odd how much support P has considering what he's done the last 2 years.

Reaction Score

Your point implies that P and E started on equal footings and there's no way you can compare UConn of 1999-2002 to the UConn of 2011 and 2012 that P was gifted with. From 2003 to 2010, Edsall won at least 8 games every year but two and went to a bowl every year except three (remember when 9-3 wasn't good enough for a bowl?).

8 wins and a bowl is the benchmark that Edsall himself set.

Reaction Score
It's odd how much support P has considering what he's done the last 2 years.

Like playing whack-a-mole with these P guys. Last year you didn't have to wait long (NC State) for them to crawl back into their shell. If defense stays anywhere near last year's level I'll be happy to give P credit. Just want Weist to get a free a hand as possible.

Reaction Score
...but can we please stop pretending that P and Edsall's first 2 years here even remotely resembled each other's?

I completely agree with you. The schedule Edsall faced his first few years was much easier then P's and the record was worse. I'm sure there were many posting messages that Edsall should be fired after his first two years.

and I'm a P supporter that had the Don Brown for head coach avatar all of last December. My position at the end of the season was that either GDL goes or they both go. I'll settle for the GDL demotion.

My beef with alot of you is a failure to understand the negativity in an offseason at a point when it serves no purpose. If you can't be optimistic this time of year as a sports fan it probably means you need to find a new hobby. The TJ Weist hiring gave me reason to believe so I'll choose to not do any bitching until after the first loss. If we lose to Towson the Don Brown Avatar will be back. I Promise.

Reaction Score
I completely agree with you. The schedule Edsall faced his first few years was much easier then P's and the record was worse. I'm sure there were many posting messages that Edsall should be fired after his first two years.

I hope you're busting my balls. Because you can't be serious with that post.

Reaction Score
I completely agree with you. The schedule Edsall faced his first few years was much easier then P's and the record was worse.

Yeah, you're right should have canned Edsall after 2001. Beautiful stadium, facility, 85 scholarship players, no excuse losing to Temple 56-7. Oh wait. . . .

Reaction Score
I hope you're busting my balls. Because you can't be serious with that post.

What part of my statement do you not agree with? Edsall's first two years were basically 1aa schedules and the record was worse. Facts are facts. I bet if Skip had stayed we would have had a better record in 99 and 2ooo but Edsall had to come in and blow everything up much like he did at Maryland.

Reaction Score
What part of my statement do you not agree with? Edsall's first two years were basically 1aa schedules and the record was worse. Facts are facts. I bet if Skip had stayed we would have had a better record in 99 and 2ooo but Edsall had to come in and blow everything up much like he did at Maryland.

I gave you a like on your previous post about the negativity portion of your post and let the Edsall portion of the post slide.

But if you think Edsall was a bad coach his first 2 years you are unaware of what it takes to build a PROGRAM and not a team.

I think even many Edsall detractors would agree that Edsall was the right choice to set the table.

Skip....really?

Reaction Score
I gave you a like on your previous post about the negativity portion of your post and let the Edsall portion of the post slide.

But if you think Edsall was a bad coach his first 2 years you are unaware of what it takes to build a PROGRAM and not a team.

I think even many Edsall detractors would agree that Edsall was the right choice to set the table.

Skip....really?

In Hindsight yes!....but what were people posting after the 99 season? Facts are facts. In 98 with Holtz we beat Hofstra, URI and UMASS, in 99 with Edsall we got our doors blown off by all three, that's a fact you can look it up. Edsall "killed the program" that season.

Edit, sorry Edsall beat URI in 1999 he lost to them in 2000, I remembered wrong. Its actually worse that he lost to them in year two of his tenure at home no less.

and I didn't post this to kill Edsall. The fact is he struggled initially and then turned it around, hopefully P can do the same.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I'm with @ruskin on this.

RE built and built to the point where he hit a wall but that wall was 8 wins a year. What he left for P was a year 1 6-8 win team that P could then do building to his liking. P won back to back 5's. end of story.

The schedule this year has townson and Memphis on it. USF and temple will not be good. Buffalo and SMU are not top 75 teams either. Those 6 are must wins and frankly together a horrible SOS bottom half of the schedule. We have the power 4 all at home and Cincy and UCF on the road as competitive games. 6 wins is a horrible year with this schedule. It gets a bowl game but honestly its worse than last year when u look at it.

8 or 9 wins depending on who the losses were, how good md and Michigan turn out to be and what tjw does to the offense or isn't allowed to do.

We used to be in a BCS conference. We should measure ourselves vs BCS teams. How we do vs the power 4 and Cincy and USF will be the tell. USF is a layup and the others we win only if P decides he wants to coach here for longer. We have 7 non BCS schools of the past on the schedule. I'll be nice and say UCF is a quality game because they should be good.

Reaction Score
In Hindsight yes!....but what were people posting after the 99 season? Facts are facts. In 98 with Holtz we beat Hofstra, URI and UMASS, in 99 with Edsall we got our doors blown off by all three, that's a fact you can look it up. Edsall "killed the program" that season.

Edit, sorry Edsall beat URI in 1999 he lost to them in 2000, I remembered wrong. Its actually worse that he lost to them in year two of his tenure.

Wins or losses meant nothing in the first few years. It was building a new program with the right people, meaning you lose a few battles to win the war.

It is night and day to compare Edsall's first 2 years with PP's. It's apples and iphones, not even apples and oranges.

Reaction Score
Wins or losses meant nothing in the first few years. It was building a new program with the right people, meaning you lose a few battles to win the war.

again this is hindsight. If in two years Lagow is putting up 35 a game throwing bombs to Lemelle, then in Hindsight we can say P was just building something his first two years and wins and losses didn't matter.

Reaction Score
I seriously cannot comprehend how anyone can compare transition years to D1A and two seasons following a BCS in the same context. It defies logic.

If you cannot comprehend wins one year and then losses the next year against the same teams as being a fallback then you are weak minded. Sorry to be the one to break it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom