Season Ticket Renewals | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Season Ticket Renewals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After 5 plus decades, this family is opting out. It was handled in a way that it hurt the current holders vs new ones and the communication was static and not overt at times. I am die hard Husky yet I don't appreciate the non care attitude by the AD and his people. I feel for those folks who sell the ticket plans as they have taken the brunt of the overwhelming backlash with negligible support. I have been told this by 3 sperate reps. I will reinvest my funds in the baseball and mens/womens soccer teams at UConn directly (not through the general AD route) and start to look at ways to help the football team beyond season tickets.
Sorry to hear that, but I certainly understand. I have been sitting back absorbing things but plan to get engage mid to late May. Not sure yet what my family plans to do between the two buildings.
They miscalculated putting the price escalation step in place before the winning on the court step. What leaves a sour taste is everyone is expected to sacrifice except Dave Benedict, his salary doubled despite running his budget off a $46 million cliff. Who is responsible for that?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
he messaging was not great, but if anyone did not see this coming, I don’t know what to say

Yeah, I'll say the messaging was not great. First your "forever" seats turned out that "forever" = 1 year. And then this blatant insult of intelligence should be enough to make even the most faithful question what the hell is going on. I mean we've won 4 natty's and had countless successes. We've had the men and women win the title in the same year. TWICE! But now this is unprecedented?

tQdkkPR.jpg

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don’t begrudge anyone for not renewing - no one is less of a fan for making the decision to pass on season tickets, whether it’s financial or just feeling misused by the way the school went about it.

I just expected it. Tickets were so cheap over the past few years that we just kept renewing even though we were rarely able to go out to games. (Out of state + daughter in a competitive sport from September to July = not a heck of a lot of time.)

I kinda laughed that now that I will have time, they jacked up the cost. This might all be my fault, guys.

Reaction Score
Renewing XL but not keeping Gampel....just too much money....

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I expected my seat price to go up. I did not expect my seat price to change tiers when I was promised they would be my forever seat and then triple in price.

Update from previous post...
I told them I am out. They told me if no one takes my seats I can have them for 1 more year at the current tier I was in (husky value).

I fully expect them to be gone so I'll upgrade my TV and enjoy the games from my couch.
You fall into that bizarre territory. Not sure how they can do this to anyone. They have to know it's not one seat for everyone, it's two to four seats going up for many.

This annoys and concerns me. They call it forever seats, they tell us people who make donations during covid receive preferential treatment, then they callously brush you aside.

If they believe certain seats were too low, then increase those costs slowly. I despise callous and disrespectful behavior

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'll say the messaging was not great. First your "forever" seats turned out that "forever" = 1 year. And then this blatant insult of intelligence should be enough to make even the most faithful question what the hell is going on. I mean we've won 4 natty's and had countless successes. We've had the men and women win the title in the same year. TWICE! But now this is unprecedented?

tQdkkPR.jpg
When was the last time we had 7 ranked teams as a university?

Reaction Score
I don't know. Are you another Kansas fan?
I'm a bit behind on my Boneyard lore, so Im not getting the reference. Either way, if we had never had 7 ranked teams before this year, then by definition that success is unprecedented, hence the original question.

August_West

Reaction Score
I'm a bit behind on my Boneyard lore, so Im not getting the reference. Either way, if we had never had 7 ranked teams before this year, then by definition that success is unprecedented, hence the original question.

Your handle. This is a basketball board so I can only surmise that it is a tip of the cap to the 2022 National Champions?

Reaction Score
I received the email this morning to renew season tickets. I have both XL and Gampel. No way am I paying 3x more than last year for my Gample seats. It doesn't look like there is an option to renew one but not the other. Anyone else have same issue? If they do not allow you to elect renewing one and not the other that would be terrible.
The mailed renewal form allows for downgrading, upgrading, or staying the same. And nothing has gone up 3x from what they were.

Reaction Score
Your handle. This is a basketball board so I can only surmise that it is a tip of the cap to the 2022 National Champions?
My handle has been that way since I made it back in 2019. It was a bet on the future.

Reaction Score
Basically my XL seats are $125 per game (tickets and seat donation), per seat.
True, there are concerts where people pay that type of price for entertainment.
Yet, in the 8 XL games, there will be likely 3 to 4 cupcake games, that have virtually no entertainment market value. So that escalates the price to $200 to $250 per game for the games that are competitive. That’s not cheap or even reasonable.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I don’t begrudge anyone for not renewing - no one is less of a fan for making the decision to pass on season tickets, whether it’s financial or just feeling misused by the way the school went about it.

I just expected it. Tickets were so cheap over the past few years that we just kept renewing even though we were rarely able to go out to games. (Out of state + daughter in a competitive sport from September to July = not a heck of a lot of time.)

I kinda laughed that now that I will have time, they jacked up the cost. This might all be my fault, guys.

Camels season tickets are cheap. Just sayin.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Basically my XL seats are $125 per game (tickets and seat donation), per seat.
True, there are concerts where people pay that type of price for entertainment.
Yet, in the 8 XL games, there will be likely 3 to 4 cupcake games, that have virtually no entertainment market value. So that escalates the price to $200 to $250 per game for the games that are competitive. That’s not cheap or even reasonable.

When Chief (or I) are making logical points, you've messed up the messaging.

Reaction Score
The mailed renewal form allows for downgrading, upgrading, or staying the same. And nothing has gone up 3x from what they were.
See attached. I had two seats in upper reserved, section 209. Total price for two tickets was $530 including donation last year. This year to renew: $1350. So no not quite 3x but a 254% increase year one, 292% year three.

Attachments

• ticket comparison.pdf
    913.4 KB · Views: 237
Reaction Score
When Chief (or I) are making logical points, you've messed up the messaging.
I am at $68.75 if there are 8 games at XL. Lower bowl, in the corner

Reaction Score
It’s beyond stupid that they can’t tell you how many games there will be at each venue at the prices you are going to shell out.
Makes it difficult to explain to my other group members the price per game.

Reaction Score
And they just sent out an email to say that there were non-conference battles coming up against the Big 12(who know which teams?)with a season ticket renewal link. It sure makes you want to hit that renewal button!

Reaction Score
For those thinking about the "per ticket" costs and market value ... I was poking around My Account on the UConn website this afternoon (still batting around whether to renew or not) ...discovered that UConn has very detailed data to the extent you sell tickets on Stubhub ..can see exactly the difference between your price paid (face value) and what you received from Stubhub.

I have bought season tickets for the last 6 or so years to support the school, but I live in southern fairfield county so only make it up for the big XL games. Tickets I cant use I try to give away or list at a reasonable cost on Stubhub - I do hate when they dont get used.

I was at Creighton, Marquette and Nova last season; sold four of the remaining games (I have 3x in the second row of lower corner), and one expired listing. I generally figure out my schedule and list at the beginning of the season, so its not like these are last minute ticket dumps either.

According to this data, if I am reading right, I sold one at a profit ($3.50), and three at a loss (-$73, -$73, -$106.41). Sorry, but the market is telling you that it cannot handle the type of price hikes being pushed. And clearly UConn has the data that they should be able to figure out what can be absorbed.

Reaction Score
And they just sent out an email to say that there were non-conference battles coming up against the Big 12(who know which teams?)with a season ticket renewal link. It sure makes you want to hit that renewal button!
LOL, I saw that too. Women have three big-name OOC opponents, we get "Big 12 opponent to be named later".

August_West

Reaction Score
LOL, I saw that too. Women have three big-name OOC opponents, we get "Big 12 opponent to be named later".

Yeah but we are coming off a season of unprecedented success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom