Season Ticket Renewals | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Season Ticket Renewals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong if anything but I got no email re: a big 12 opponent to be named the men will be playing this season. I do know i just tried to figure ticket costs for my group so tge can remit payment to me for the tgree different packages we buy. The XL Men's basketball package didn't look quite right. We have 3 tickets in section 124. Each ticket is $400. The invoice had that correct but the per ticket required donation was listed as $300 per ticket. I had saved the original information about the price increases that indicated in section 124 the per seat donation was going to be $150. Called the ticket office and surprise Uconn made a mistake. Very nice woman indicated it was a mistake and it should have been $150. Said I would need to call to renew rather than just pay online. How many other "mistakes" do you think they made? If you pay the higher amount do you think it automatically goes as a donation or a credit for next year? How many people are not renewing because they think these mistake numbers are the real amounts. Get your act together Uconn.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong if anything but I got no email re: a big 12 opponent to be named the men will be playing this season. I do know i just tried to figure ticket costs for my group so tge can remit payment to me for the tgree different packages we buy. The XL Men's basketball package didn't look quite right. We have 3 tickets in section 124. Each ticket is $400. The invoice had that correct but the per ticket required donation was listed as $300 per ticket. I had saved the original information about the price increases that indicated in section 124 the per seat donation was going to be $150. Called the ticket office and surprise Uconn made a mistake. Very nice woman indicated it was a mistake and it should have been $150. Said I would need to call to renew rather than just pay online. How many other "mistakes" do you think they made? If you pay the higher amount do you think it automatically goes as a donation or a credit for next year? How many people are not renewing because they think these mistake numbers are the real amounts. Get your act together Uconn.

I've told them many times what my email is and I still never get any of these communications either.

Reaction Score
I've told them many times what my email is and I still never get any of these communications either.
I've never donated to or attended softball but get a ton of email from that program, yet I often don't get basketball emails mentioned here even as a long time season ticket holder.

Reaction Score
FYI - I think someone else already called this out in this thread but sharing my experience:

just tried to renew my season tickets and while the ticket cost for XL and Gampel were correct, the donation number they asked for was double what it was supposed to be for XL.

I had to call up and tell them it wrong and have someone in the Ticket Office do it on my behalf.

Definitely check the ticket website and make sure the costs AND donations are accurate.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
FYI - I think someone else already called this out in this thread but sharing my experience:

just tried to renew my season tickets and while the ticket cost for XL and Gampel were correct, the donation number they asked for was double what it was supposed to be for XL.

I had to call up and tell them it wrong and have someone in the Ticket Office do it on my behalf.

Definitely check the ticket website and make sure the costs AND donations are accurate.

"Oops"

Reaction Score
Thats crazy they have the wrong price in some accounts.

I called the ticket office Tuesday to renew our seats in Gampel and XL. Even renewed football.
But dropped womens gampel and an extra set of mens at gampel. Was an easy experience.

Reaction Score

If they are making systematic errors, there should be proactive communication to all impacted parties and a correction in the cost amounts on the website.
The lack of accountability on how this was all contrived and implemented is very disappointing and demonstrates a lack of organization, expertise, and accountability; starting with David Benedict. This episode has been a total disgrace to the university and how it handles their most loyal fans.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If they are making systematic errors, there should be proactive communication to all impacted parties and a correction in the cost amounts on the website.
The lack of accountability on how this was all contrived and implemented is very disappointing and demonstrates a lack of organization, expertise, and accountability; starting with David Benedict. This episode has been a total disgrace to the university and how it handles their most loyal fans.

Need a second, third party consultant firm to come in and fix this!

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I was having this problem and then noticed an email in my Spam folder.

Reaction Score
Need a second, third party consultant firm to come in and fix this!
LOL - why have direct accountability when if things go south you can blame sone 25 year old the consultant? Sometines it’s appropriate to hire consultants, but if that always the case because you don’t have in-house expertise , it makes you wonder why we more than doubled the AD’s salary?

Reaction Score
Just went in to try and renew my two XL seats only (not renewing Gampel seats). And didn't see a way to add just XL seats to the cart to check out.

Anyone know how to renew just 1 venue or do you have to call the ticket office to do that ?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction Score
Just went in to try and renew my two XL seats only (not renewing Gampel seats). And didn't see a way to add just XL seats to the cart to check out.

Anyone know how to renew just 1 venue or do you have to call the ticket office to do that ?

Thanks in advance.
Doing the same thing so good to know!

Reaction Score
How ridiculous.
I was dropping my men’s tickets in Storrs and called because I couldn’t edit my application. The guy said he would note it and the online application would be updated in a couple of days. After one week of no change, I called back and they said no I would have to speak with someone, the application would not be updated online

Reaction Score
Would love to know how the price increase thing is going for them.

Kamala Harris Reaction GIF by Markpain

Reaction Score
Would love to know how the price increase thing is going for them.

Kamala Harris Reaction GIF by Markpain
I think the biggest miscalculation was the reduction in seats per ticket holder. Eliminating a venue for a ticketholder who had seats at both locations or reducing seats at a particular location. When you think about it, that’s a great negative multiplier effect.

The other thing is it is very inefficient. Someone has three seats at a location and they drop one but the seat next to it is kept by someone. That leaves one seat at a great location to have to try to sell next to “seats for life” or it remains open.

As things stand today, this price increase is running into both inflation and stock market correction head winds, things many of the younger consultants that UConn engages have the institutional experience to factor in. The inflationary environment is the worse in 40 years. The stock market collapse has been a grinding type with negative markets for many, many weeks rather than a sharpe decline followed by an immediate rebound. Therefore, it wears consumers down over a period of time. In recent days there has been some improvement in the # of stocks advance/decline line graph. Often that's a leading indicator of change but by 6/17 it is unlikely anything positive will be reflected in consumer sentiment.

Finally, this isn’t a one year hit. As things are currently baked in, season ticket holders are going to feel the cumulative impacts over the next 3 years as there are similar ticket /donation increases each season. The fact that the consultant in their comparisons did not appropriately adjust in their benchmarks with other schools the fact that a 75% seat donation increase with someone with a $1,000 a seat donation is really a $1,500 increase not a $750 one if a team plays their home games at two locations. So without an adjustment factor comparing us to schools playing at one location, the conclusions they drew lacked wisdom.

The good news is this is going to put real pressure on Danny to win and perhaps force him out of stubbornness about certain things that would work at lower level Wagner/URI but not here. Winning does solve many problems/challenges.

However, even more winning (if it does happen) is partially offset by having to fight the Federal Reserve Board’s interest rate increases on consumers over the next two years at least. A difficult headwind. Additionally, now there is greater pressure for better OOC home games, which makes wins more difficult.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
And they just sent out an email to say that there were non-conference battles coming up against the Big 12(who know which teams?)with a season ticket renewal link. It sure makes you want to hit that renewal button!

How about the email the other day about PK 85.

97% of the fanbase isnt online morons like us. So imagine being a regular fan, getting the price increase, then getting an e-mail last week that your big home game is TBD, finding out its Oklahoma State, now UConn reaches out to tell you how actually the good OOC games are 3000 miles away and theyd love you to pay extra to go fly across the country on Thanksgiving week to watch them.

They're pushing people away. They think they can replace them. In this economy.

Good luck.

August_West

Reaction Score
How about the email the other day about PK 85.

97% of the fanbase isnt online morons like us. So imagine being a regular fan, getting the price increase, then getting an e-mail last week that your big home game is TBD, finding out its Oklahoma State, now UConn reaches out to tell you how actually the good OOC games are 3000 miles away and theyd love you to pay extra to go fly across the country on Thanksgiving week to watch them.

They're pushing people away. They think they can replace them. In this economy.

Good luck.

There is a really troubling side to this. We laugh (and cry) about how dumb this all is, but the thing is; they are not actually stupid. So if you know that, and then start thinking about the "why" they are doing this, the answers it leads you to aren't pleasant to think about.

Reaction Score
There is a really troubling side to this. We laugh (and cry) about how dumb this all is, but the thing is; they are not actually stupid. So if you know that, and then start thinking about the "why" they are doing this, the answers it leads you to aren't pleasant to think about.
I am very much still considering the “stupid” option.
Money doesn’t flow in over the waterfall when you alienate your best customers over and over again.
They may think they are following the money trail but they don’t execute that well. Actually, very poorly - Exhibit A- $47 million deficit!

August_West

Reaction Score
I am very much still considering the “stupid” option.
Money doesn’t flow in over the waterfall when you alienate your best customers over and over again.
They may think they are following the money trail but they don’t execute that well. Actually, very poorly - Exhibit A- $47 million deficit!

I see it as they know better than anyone how much trouble we are in and this is a last ditch cash grab attempt before the whole house of cards entirely collapses. The shameless nakedness of the actions speaks to a desperation that we have not yet seen. This is just my view from afar, ymmv, but I just don't get a warm fuzzy feeling about what it connotes.

Reaction Score
I see it as they know better than anyone how much trouble we are in and this is a last ditch cash grab attempt before the whole house of cards entirely collapses. The shameless nakedness of the actions speaks to a desperation that we have not yet seen. This is just my view from afar, ymmv, but I just don't get a warm fuzzy feeling about what it connotes.
They found the money to double David Benedict’s compensation while everyone else is expected to contribute and sacrifice to keep the athletic program from collapsing.
An interesting dichotomy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox