Season Ticket Renewals | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Season Ticket Renewals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has anyone done an actual comparison of season ticket prices compared to other big east programs? Is this really what fans of other programs are paying?
When UConn first announced the price increases in March they referenced other schools prices. Out of the comps provided Marquette was by far the most expensive season ticket referenced.

With UConn’s new pricing, premium seats are now comparable in pricing to Marquette but everything outside of courtside and the first like 3 rows of the sideline are significantly more expensive at UConn now.

Pricing isn’t even close for most seats.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I have 5 Husky Value tickets for XL only. Seems to me that the price went down. Am I looking at this correctly?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
When UConn first announced the price increases in March they referenced other schools prices. Out of the comps provided Marquette was by far the most expensive season ticket referenced.

With UConn’s new pricing, premium seats are now comparable in pricing to Marquette but everything outside of courtside and the first like 3 rows of the sideline are significantly more expensive at UConn now.

Fiserv Forum
Construction
Broke groundJune 18, 2016; 5 years ago
OpenedAugust 26, 2018; 3 years ago[9]
Construction costUS$1.2 billion

XL Center
Construction
Broke groundApril 2, 1971[2]
OpenedJanuary 9, 1975
Closed1978–1980 (roof collapse, renovations)
Construction cost$30 million[3]
($151 million in 2021 dollars[4])

Reaction Score
Fiserv Forum
Construction
Broke groundJune 18, 2016; 5 years ago
OpenedAugust 26, 2018; 3 years ago[9]
Construction costUS$1.2 billion

XL Center
Construction
Broke groundApril 2, 1971[2]
OpenedJanuary 9, 1975
Closed1978–1980 (roof collapse, renovations)
Construction cost$30 million[3]
($151 million in 2021 dollars[4])
The $151M in 2021 footnote vs $1.2B is the most hilarious part of comparison!

Reaction Score
I'm in same boat. What irks me (more than the price increase) is that new season ticket holders got to choose all of the best available husky value seats before current season ticket holders got to relocate. So instead of first row in my section (current location) I would have to move over 2 sections and about 15 rows further back to stay in the husky value range.

Complete garbage. I will not be renewing.
It would have been nice to get an email.

Reaction Score

And did they add the seat donations for both UConn buildings to compare to 1 building?

Reaction Score
And if you are going to put one building in 2021 dollars put both of them.
Well my post was in dollars from two weeks ago... No clue what's it's worth in today's dollars!

Reaction Score
Well my post was in dollars from two weeks ago... No clue what's it's worth in today's dollars!
The “new” building used 2018 dollars compared to 2021 dollars fir XL.

Reaction Score
The “new” building used 2018 dollars compared to 2021 dollars fir XL.
Chief this was a joke...

I don't know why you're trying to start up a conversation by making an unneeded point from two weeks ago. Either way the difference between millions and billions was adequately made in the chart.

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard anything about how renewals are going or how this is going over with season ticket holders? The people that I have talked to are really upset about how this was handled and several have had enough. Wondering if there is any shot that the Athl Dept revisit this and potentially make the increases more gradual.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard anything about how renewals are going or how this is going over with season ticket holders? The people that I have talked to are really upset about how this was handled and several have had enough. Wondering if there is any shot that the Athl Dept revisit this and potentially make the increases more gradual.

I'm undecided, but leaning in

Reaction Score
Renewing but reducing number of seats. Also ignoring any extraneous fundraising efforts by the athletic department.

Reaction Score
I suspect that there is a long list of donors and supporters waiting to buy the tickets that are released. I don't think that UCONN is the culprit here but rather those in the state that are using dubious accounting to paint a picture of a deficit that is nowhere near the magnitude being presented.

The only way to truly understand the cost or benefit of athletics to the University and to the state is on a marginal cost analysis, not a full absorption analysis. The deficit number that is being used to pressure UCONN to raise revenue, assumes the cost of providing scholarships to the state is the amount of the lost tuition at the highest applicable rate. It also does not factor in donations to areas of the University other than athletics. On a full absorption basis that is true. But on a marginal basis the real cost is the difference between what the University will pay out of pocket as a result of having those 200 students as opposed to not having them. If they didn't have those athletes as students how many professors would be let go? What buildings would be shut down, would busses stop? Road repairs etc etc. On the revenue side what donations that are not earmarked to athletics would be lost?

I have been personally successful in convincing several wealthy individuals to donate to the University for areas other than athletics only because of their awareness of the University thru the success of the sport programs. I am sure that I am not alone.

There is a saying that figures don't lie, but liars figure. There is way too much credence and a lack of professional skepticism being provided by the media in Connecticut to cost information being sent to them.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
After 5 plus decades, this family is opting out. It was handled in a way that it hurt the current holders vs new ones and the communication was static and not overt at times. I am die hard Husky yet I don't appreciate the non care attitude by the AD and his people. I feel for those folks who sell the ticket plans as they have taken the brunt of the overwhelming backlash with negligible support. I have been told this by 3 sperate reps. I will reinvest my funds in the baseball and mens/womens soccer teams at UConn directly (not through the general AD route) and start to look at ways to help the football team beyond season tickets.

Reaction Score
Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Most folks I know renewed, but some changed locations.

The messaging was not great, but if anyone did not see this coming, I don’t know what to say. You wanted athletes to get more; this is what that looks like - the previous season ticket pricing structure was stupid cheap.

Reaction Score
Most folks I know renewed, but some changed locations.

The messaging was not great, but if anyone did not see this coming, I don’t know what to say. You wanted athletes to get more; this is what that looks like - the previous season ticket pricing structure was stupid cheap.
I expected my seat price to go up. I did not expect my seat price to change tiers when I was promised they would be my forever seat and then triple in price.

Update from previous post...
I told them I am out. They told me if no one takes my seats I can have them for 1 more year at the current tier I was in (husky value).

I fully expect them to be gone so I'll upgrade my TV and enjoy the games from my couch.

Reaction Score

Because of past misinformstion supplied by UConn (I.e. Priority Points, Seats for Life, etc) count me skeptical when UConn passes on information, likely from a consultant who designed the mess we are living.
The key is UConn plays only 1/2 their games in each building. So when they compare us to a team who plays in one building - are they adding the two UConn buildings together? Both seat donations and tickets. Or just using one?
I would like to see the actual math since the trust is so low at this point.

Reaction Score
Going to renew our 2 in Gampel and 2 in XL. Our seats went up around $200 a seat per donation at both places.

Dropping our lower level women's tickets (don't go) and dropping our extra men's upper chair backs for Gampel.

Shame I had to get rid of the the extra Gampel seats. They were a great value and fun to give to friends/family but not dropping almost $1k for seats that we ate a couple of times.

Reaction Score
I suspect that there is a long list of donors and supporters waiting to buy the tickets that are released. I don't think that UCONN is the culprit here but rather those in the state that are using dubious accounting to paint a picture of a deficit that is nowhere near the magnitude being presented.

The only way to truly understand the cost or benefit of athletics to the University and to the state is on a marginal cost analysis, not a full absorption analysis. The deficit number that is being used to pressure UCONN to raise revenue, assumes the cost of providing scholarships to the state is the amount of the lost tuition at the highest applicable rate. It also does not factor in donations to areas of the University other than athletics. On a full absorption basis that is true. But on a marginal basis the real cost is the difference between what the University will pay out of pocket as a result of having those 200 students as opposed to not having them. If they didn't have those athletes as students how many professors would be let go? What buildings would be shut down, would busses stop? Road repairs etc etc. On the revenue side what donations that are not earmarked to athletics would be lost?

I have been personally successful in convincing several wealthy individuals to donate to the University for areas other than athletics only because of their awareness of the University thru the success of the sport programs. I am sure that I am not alone.

There is a saying that figures don't lie, but liars figure. There is way too much credence and a lack of professional skepticism being provided by the media in Connecticut to cost information being sent to them.
The media at this level has little or no expertise with financials nor interest for that matter. They basically regurgitate what they are told.

Reaction Score
At XL I knew is was getting a good deal and I expected the price to increase…but damn, not by this much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom