Sean Miller is done | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Sean Miller is done

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This is the perfect opportunity for the NCAA to grab back power from the P5 schools. I doubt they’re smart enough to capitalize on it. You know the same crap is happening in football. If the NCAA were to whisper in the right ears and let the feds take a few bball and football powers down in the P5, the rest of the conferences would get a leg up and compete for contracts and money.

Maybe the NCAA initiated this entire thing.....

Anything that over penalizes P5 schools will just hasten a secession.

Reaction Score
Miller not coaching but Ayton will play.

Unbelievable.

Some people on twitter are saying that the convo may have been about another player, not Ayton...or maybe that’s just what they may try to argue at least.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So you think Calhoun wanted to retire? Honestly? And based on your post I’d put you in the ‘ultimate homer’ category

If there were no sanctions, I wouldn't have been surprised to see him leave after 2011. jmo tho

Reaction Score
A lot off topic.

So, a little back story. With all of the news breaking about Arizona today. I delved straight into reddit /r/collegebasketball post for the Sean Miller bit, so AZ fan started getting a little upset about what happened (and rightfully so feeling so betrayed as a fan). And he happened to mention as a rather small part of his post that he blamed Miller in part for not advancing further in the 2011 tournament and now he was more disappointed that there is a good chance that piece of history may go - bye bye.

Anyways I got to thinking and started watching some youtube videos of that game, which then led to watching some of the 2011 BET and National Championship run. Just a little feel good trip down memory lane during this rainy NYC day.

Anyhoo. (this is where we start to get even further off topic). I was watching the Louisville BET championship game. Bill Rafferty and Jay Bilas were calling that game (two of my favorite cbb personalities)

And the I heard something curious:

Kemba strips the ball from Peyton Siva. Time out or some other stoppage in play ensues and Rafferty says something to the effect of:

"Look at them stripping all the strippers".

Oddly enough, this was right before those allegations would have started to take place in real life. Onions!

TLDR: Arizona Fan complaining about Sean Miller and today's events, and continues to blame him for them not accomplishing more in 2011 tourney. I then proceed to get nostalgic and rewatch some UConn games on have saved and land on the L'Ville vs UConn BET Championship game. Rafferty continues to make a sly comment about the "Strippers stripping all the strippers." Effectively become NostraRafftrus, if you will.
EDIT: REAL OT :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The administration meets with Miller and they suspend him along with Ayton while they conduct their own internal investigation. When they conclude their investigation they fire Miller and expel Ayton.

That would be option B. But based on tonight, they aren't suspending Ayton without being forced.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A lot off topic.

So, a little back story. With all of the news breaking about Arizona today. I delved straight into reddit /r/collegebasketball post for the Sean Miller bit, so AZ fan started getting a little upset about what happened (and rightfully so feeling so betrayed as a fan). And he happened to mention as a rather small part of his post that he blamed Miller in part for not advancing further in the 2011 tournament and now he was more disappointed that there is a good chance that piece of history may go - bye bye.

Anyways I got to thinking and started watching some youtube videos of that game, which then led to watching some of the 2011 BET and National Championship run. Just a little feel good trip down memory lane during this rainy NYC day.

Anyhoo. (this is where we start to get even further off topic). I was watching the Louisville BET championship game. Bill Rafferty and Jay Bilas were calling that game (two of my favorite cbb personalities)

And the I heard something curious:

Kemba strips the ball from Peyton Siva. Time out or some other stoppage in play ensues and Rafferty says something to the effect of:

"Look at them stripping all the strippers".

Oddly enough, this was right before those allegations would have started to take place in real life. Onions!

TLDR: Arizona Fan complaining about Sean Miller and today's events, and continues to blame him for them not accomplishing more in 2011 tourney. I then proceed to get nostalgic and rewatch some UConn games on have saved and land on the L'Ville vs UConn BET Championship game. Rafferty continues to make a sly comment about the "Strippers stripping all the strippers." Effecitvely become NostraRafftus, if you will.

@8893 @ @nomar

What’s my legal remedy when his T L,DR is too long to read?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Those who believe that name schools currently implicated by the FBI will skate may be correct but there are some very high placed officials at my alma mater who believe there will be quite a bit of blood across college hoops once this comes to a head.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
@8893 @ @nomar

What’s my legal remedy when his T L,DR is too long to read?
tenor.gif

Reaction Score
Those who believe that name schools currently implicated by the FBI will skate may be correct but there are some very high placed officials at my alma mater who believe there will be quite a bit of blood across college hoops once this comes to a head.

In terms of NCAA penalties they will skate, but if the Feds find evidence of money laundering, tax evasion, and other White collar crimes, some coaches could be in hot water.

Reaction Score
I can see this thing whole thing going the way of the UNC investigation. The NCAA will claim they have no control over agents and the schools and coaches skate by. Maybe they pass some legislation restricting contact with agents and it's back to business as usual.

Which is why I hope they had a pretext to start monitoring Emmert's communications as well. That would be the last shoe they drop at the very end after playing nice.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
In terms of NCAA penalties they will skate, but if the Feds find evidence of money laundering, tax evasion, and other White collar crimes, some coaches could be in hot water.
The belief is there will be far too much to be swept under any rug. The NCAA may well end up with a change in leadership and structure solely to be able to claim their product is clean enough to warrant the huge contracts televised games receive. The pressure will come from many directions.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Remember when they suspended us from the post season because 4 years earlier we accurately reported our APR? What a joke. Syracuse had kids at the time who couldn't put together a coherent sentence. Question though, if it comes out that we are clean does this give Ollie an out? Can he make the case that we weren't competing for kids on equal ground?

Reaction Score
Which is why I hope they had a pretext to start monitoring Emmert's communications as well. That would be the last shoe they drop at the very end after playing nice.
Well wouldn’t that just be delicious. Emmert on a conference call with K, Izzo, Self, Roy (aw, shucks), and Cal, all of them trading war stories and incriminating themselves left and right...

wha? Huh? No, I was just... I just had the most glorious daydream! Ah, oh well...

*TV clicks on*

<Television announcer>Our top story, the University of Connecticut’s men’s basketball team received the death penalty today from the NCAA infractions committee for extra benefit violations stemming from a rogue Dairy Bar employee...

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Well wouldn’t that just be delicious. Emmert on a conference call with K, Izzo, Self, Roy (aw, shucks), and Cal, all of them trading war stories and incriminating themselves left and right...

wha? Huh? No, I was just... I just had the most glorious daydream! Ah, oh well...

*TV clicks on*

<Television announcer>Our top story, the University of Connecticut’s men’s basketball team received the death penalty today from the NCAA infractions committee for extra benefit violations stemming from a rogue Dairy Bar employee...

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I'm often wrong, but there is no organization with the access and expertise to gather incriminating information like the FBI. The only question is whether you have become a person of interest. More than likely Emmert's job mainly consisted of looking the other way for most and supplying the landscapers to surveil KO's house. And yet there is that fatal flaw of arrogance that can eventually bite the smartest guy in the room after the clock's run down on a charmed existence.

Reaction Score
Even if people get arrested the worse NCAA sanction will be vacating wins only if it was proved players received benefits. Being offered and receipt are mutually exclusive actions.
The NCAA will announce that it’s a Criminal matter out of their jusidiction and all guilty parties are being punished. The schools will not be touched.
On to bigger fish like an Uber ride from the airport home paid for by the student/athletes cousin who went to grammar school with an his/ hers assistant coach.
Which made him a booster. Sounds like a death penalty infraction.

Reaction Score
And Oregon beats zona. I bet the Ducks are really smacking themselves now, as that Uconn loss could bode very poorly for at large hopes. Uconn is for sure a bad loss for Oregon, who could be 20-9 had they taken care of business like every other half way decent team has done over the past 2 years.

Reaction Score
We've all known/speculated that this stuff has been going on for decades. I wouldn't be surprised if every major program in the last 40 years has been involved. People have joked about it forever. The thing that is the most egregious to me is all the sportswriters pretending they are shocked this has been going on, like they had no idea. They are closer to it than any of us and we've all speculated that it has been going on. They knew, the coaches knew, the schools knew, the boosters knew, everybody knew. And I'm sure football is the same.
The question will be how it is handled by the NCAA. Right now they are circling the wagons. The big programs that have players involved are stating they had no idea any of this was going on, they don't know anybody at this agency or any agency that has been doing this and they will fully cooperate with the investigations. We all know that is all baloney.
The NCAA will either punish the programs and coaches that are caught dead nuts like Arizona and Miller.
Or, the NCAA will say that it is time to rethink amateurism in college sports and let the kids make money on the side like shoe deals and signing with agents etc. and let all the major programs off the hook to save their brand.
I'm betting on the latter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom