Sean Miller is done | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Sean Miller is done

Reaction Score
All this sort of makes the "extra phone calls" penalty we got hit with a bit silly.
That's how it works...when the policing organization is corrupt and complicit...they double down on trivial infractions to reassure themselves of their own integrity.. while looking away and shrugging their shoulders over corruption from which they benefit... they would never kill the cash cow p5s. It requires an outside authority.

Any time big money flows through a system, be assured corruption will follow.

Reaction Score
There is an ego with the FBI. No coincidence the leaks are happening now. Probably be more reporting in the coming days and weeks. As for post season bans this year...the FBI has the wire taps. ESPN/media doesn't have these wire taps to give out. They have sourced information. The NCAA doesn't have those wire taps so from that perspective you really can't put in a post season ban without that info (on such short notice). The wire taps are attached to trials. So there will be a black cloud over the tourney. Right now we have sourced information that journalists have.

Not saying there won't be 1 or 2 potential bans but nothing to major in my opinion at this point. The focus will be more on players and how the schools conduct business internally.
Usually the leaks don’t come from the bureau in these cases. They come from the US attorney overseeing the case for a few reasons but largely to pressure people to talk.

Reaction Score
I can see this thing whole thing going the way of the UNC investigation. The NCAA will claim they have no control over agents and the schools and coaches skate by. Maybe they pass some legislation restricting contact with agents and it's back to business as usual.
This x1000. They will protect the sacred cash cow at all costs no matter how bad it looks or our specious their grounds appear.

This money coruption is the same reason low character predators are allowed on campus to rape and victimize other student victims. Why fake classes exist. Why teams doctors can serially molest woman athletes. Why coaches who are serial child molesters are allowed to coach...

Reaction Score
I don’t disagree with you, we might look back in hindsight and realize KO saved the face of the program. That being said, he likely still needs to go.

I agree, clean or not KO still needs to go, his players not being able to inbound is just one aspect that shows he isn’t getting his message across.

That said, if UConn comes off clean, you really need to respect him. A banner staying in the rafters and a crappy 4 year run all while dodging the heavy bullets in this mess, would be pretty sweet. KO said it before, he will do things the right way. Who knows, could’ve been the reason there has been a wedge between him and the old guard. Could Glen Miller been telling Ollie he needs to pay players to stay competitive?! Lol

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I can see this thing whole thing going the way of the UNC investigation. The NCAA will claim they have no control over agents and the schools and coaches skate by. Maybe they pass some legislation restricting contact with agents and it's ba ack to business as usual.

Excuse me, but we got hammered for self reporting a violation when an agent paid for two plane tickets. That obviously isn't remotely in the same stratosphere as what's going on here. I don't think the NCAA gets to sweep this gigantic mess under the rug and act like nothing happened. It's a seminal event. They either have to admit their whole amateurism model is a sham, or close it all down.

Reaction Score
I see the end game roughly following the baseball steroid one. There will be a few high profile coaches fired and some schools out of the tourney for a year or so. Obviously that didn’t happen in baseball but some big names were suspended. There will be rules changes that greatly limit 1-dones and contact with agents. But records will remain in place since you can’t really do much about them. And the G-League might become something more like baseball’s minor league where guys sign out of high school and play a few seasons to develop rather than the current mishmash it is. I’m guessing the current NCAA leadership team gets replaced by some super commissioner too. Look for a Colin Powell type guy rather than someone from within the ranks of college athletics. Someone with a public persona that screams integrity.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Excuse me, but we got hammered for self reporting a violation when an agent paid for two plane tickets. That obviously isn't remotely in the same stratosphere as what's going on here. I don't think the NCAA gets to sweep this gigantic mess under the rug and act like nothing happened. It's a seminal event. They either have to admit their whole amateurism model is a sham, or close it all down.

They want to keep the status quo, because that makes them the most money. They'll throw the agents and coaches that did this under the bus (and the really big names like Coach K and Roy Williams will find a fall guy) and move on. I would be shocked (EDIT: Maybe not shocked, but surprised) if any program faces any major penalties.

Reaction Score
In Tucson right now reading this in the Star. They play Oregon, wonder if he coaches. Also if any tape exists on Duke?
If he's not fired yet I don't see why he wouldn't coach. The seasons will likely be vacated anyway regardless of who coaches the team

Reaction Score
I'm really surprised by people's hatred on here for Roy Williams. I find him very respectable, and seems to do things the right way. .... But I think all of your hate should be more directed towards the NCAA and UNC administration than Roy Williams.
Surely you jest! At KU and now, Williams was and remains as scummy as Cal, Pitino, et al. Perhaps ol' Roy isn't as dumb nor naive as he sounds, but don't be fooled by his folksy good ol' boyisms.

Reaction Score
Will get tarred and feathered for this post but whatever. If people do not understand why the talent level has fallen off a cliff at UConn they’re either blissfully naive or the ultimate homers. Herbst pushed Calhoun out for a reason. College sports is a ‘you get what you pay for’ world and Uconn ain’t paying these days
You should get tarred and feathered. You’re woefully wrong and apparently arrogant about it. Calhoun did not get remotely pushed out. And he will go down as one of the all time best at talent evaluation and player development. Get some facts and shut up.

Reaction Score
You should get tarred and feathered. You’re woefully wrong and apparently arrogant about it. Calhoun did not get remotely pushed out. And he will go down as one of the all time best at talent evaluation and player development. Get some facts and shut up.
So you think Calhoun wanted to retire? Honestly? And based on your post I’d put you in the ‘ultimate homer’ category

Reaction Score
So you think Calhoun wanted to retire? Honestly? And based on your post I’d put you in the ‘ultimate homer’ category
He’s a friend of mine. If that makes me a homer, so be it. But I know the facts and you don’t. So that makes you ill-informed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That’s great and all but is anyone just a little nervous about UCONN? We are already under investigation.
But not by the FBI. That's a whole different ball game.

I do worry that our friend Emmert may try to use us to show that NCCA is actually proactive.

CL82

Reaction Score
Put me in the "ultimate homer" category as well then. He had been sick and the program was going through a lot ob BS at the time. It was time and he timed his departure to hand the reigns over to his chosen successor.

CL82

Reaction Score
Would that be a problem?
Not if no ones watching the store, but if you acknowledge that it will happen it takes away the argument that paying them fixes anything.

CL82

Reaction Score
How any college Bball fan can hate a coach MORE than Calipari is baffling to me.

How a UConn fan can do the same is literally impossible to understand for me.
Meh, life is choices. I can respect those who hate K's holier than though shtick more than the Squid's 'yeah I'm slimy but you'll never prove it' arrogance.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
If Calhoun was forced out, why did they allow him to handpick his successor and essentially keep his whole staff in place?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom