Sean Miller is done | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Sean Miller is done

Reaction Score
We all knew this was going on but now that it is here but it is one part surreal and one part scary to see how it will all play out.
That's not entirely true. Some people were saying things like, "every time we lose a recruit you think it is because the other coach paid the kid."

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
ESPN spent the day yesterday moving the dialogue away from schools and towards rogue agents. Protecting their cash cow. Fox did the same. "Its an agent and family problem. Schools aren't the bad guy here". It's pathetic. Bottom line, as if being out of a P5 isnt enough penalty, we have to deal with the cash disparity too. Nobody is clean but it looks like the top of the P5 is the dirtiest.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm really surprised by people's hatred on here for Roy Williams.
I find him very respectable, and seems to do things the right way. He doesn't recruit the same way as Duke, Arizona or Kentucky, but still competes at their level.

But if news comes out he offered money to like, Tony Bradley, then I'll stop talking.

But I think all of your hate should be more directed towards the NCAA and UNC administration than Roy Williams.

From the mouths of babes..

Reaction Score
so does this mean the game we played at arizona earlier this year transforms into an imaginary W for the boneyarders

Reaction Score
So...do they:
A) Fire him within the next 48 hours
B) He survives the weekend but doesn't make it to the tourney
C) They say "F' IT" and ride or die with him?
The administration meets with Miller and they suspend him along with Ayton while they conduct their own internal investigation. When they conclude their investigation they fire Miller and expel Ayton.

Reaction Score
If those were the repercussions, they'd have to cancel the sport. Not happening.

At this point, basketball as an NCAA sport may be coming to an end. The NCAA cannot protect UK, Duke, Arizona, etc. if they do it is 100% certainty the NCAA as an organization will not exist 5 years from now.

We aren't exactly free and clear at this point.

I agree with this, but in case you haven’t noticed we haven’t exactly been rolling in 5 star recruits lately (or ever for that matter). Why do you think that might be? I do still worry because we did get guys (Deandre Daniels is an example) who were highly rated and seemed to fall into our lap. Why might that be? Maybe he took $$ or maybe he refused to take $$ from other top programs and ended up with us? Who knows. What I do know is that if UConn’s name was involved in this FBI probe in any way it would have been the first name reported.

Reaction Score
The administration meets with Miller and they suspend him along with Ayton while they conduct their own internal investigation. When they conclude their investigation they fire Miller and expel Ayton.
You forgot: and Ayton will be a top two draft pick so no big deal for him.

Reaction Score
I agree with this, but in case you haven’t noticed we haven’t exactly been rolling in 5 star recruits lately (or ever for that matter). Why do you think that might be? I do still worry because we did get guys (Deandre Daniels is an example) who were highly rated and seemed to fall into our lap. Why might that be? Maybe he took $$ or maybe he refused to take $$ from other top programs and ended up with us? Who knows. What I do know is that if UConn’s name was involved in this FBI probe in any way it would have been the first name reported.[/QUOTE
Or ncaa is trying their hardest to get uconn involved so they can move the blame to uconn and away from duke, unc, Kentucky and kansas

Reaction Score
Maybe Ollie was on to something with our schedule. Think about if we can get zona,Michigan State, auburn (you know pearl is coming up), Arkansas(sec just on principal), nova, Wichita state, and cuse to be forfeited with rpi weight considerations, we all of a sudden are like ranked 13th or something like that, looking at a 3 or 4 seed, ollie is not in the hot seat and recruiting is on all cylinders which it very well may be with a morally driven coach caught in a storm of bad circumstances all around him. UConn with a bad record doesn’t look too bad right now, and a coach who is clean looks good to some 4 &5 star parents as well. Gotta have grades take the stairs, and all ten of those toes in though. But you knew that already cuz you’re all die hard fans!!!!

Read this in Hulk Hogan's voice. Hell of a promo BROTHER!

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
2 Hurley's in the Pac12

2 Hurley’s in the same state and at the others rival school has a fun story to it.

But my guess is they aim higher.

Reaction Score
This is a shame. There are so many other guys I wish this was instead of him.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Ok - how about a ledger AND a wiretap... and that is just for starters, Mr. Bilas.

Frankly, Jay Bilas and anyone else who tries to pooh pooh this or downplay it before all of the facts and wiretaps are released better be extremely careful. There is a lot more to come, and even his sacred cow former coach Coach K is at least involved at an arm's length level. They all are. And there will be a whole lot of retractions for anyone who stands up now and says they "know" that coach so-and-so could never be involved.

This really could be the end of college basketball as we know it.

Colin Cowherd was talking about this aspect of the story today. He said he has credible NBA sources who tell him that the NBA turning the D-League into the G-League (getting Gatorade to be the major sponsor) was just the beginning. Adam Silver and the NBA brass are done with the crooked NCAA. The NBA is angry that players in the league are directly connected to this. Cowherd said the NBA will be starting a sports academy that will be announced "within the next 12 months". The academy, along with the G-League, will serve as the incubators to bring basketball prodigies along once they are identified to have NBA-level potential.

If true....about damn time.

Reaction Score
Yep. I can't believe Arizona AD is even thinking about letting him coach this weekend.

Reaction Score
From the mouths of babes..

Roy's recruiting goes downhill because he is caught in a massive scandal and because his classes are no longer equal to his peers, the assumption is that he is clean. Quite the logic loop.

Reaction Score
I agree with this, but in case you haven’t noticed we haven’t exactly been rolling in 5 star recruits lately (or ever for that matter). Why do you think that might be? I do still worry because we did get guys (Deandre Daniels is an example) who were highly rated and seemed to fall into our lap. Why might that be? Maybe he took $$ or maybe he refused to take $$ from other top programs and ended up with us? Who knows. What I do know is that if UConn’s name was involved in this FBI probe in any way it would have been the first name reported.
Will get tarred and feathered for this post but whatever. If people do not understand why the talent level has fallen off a cliff at UConn they’re either blissfully naive or the ultimate homers. Herbst pushed Calhoun out for a reason. College sports is a ‘you get what you pay for’ world and Uconn ain’t paying these days

Reaction Score
Yep. I can't believe Arizona AD is even thinking about letting him coach this weekend.
This is really simple.........."Sean did you offer Ayton $100K?"..........if he answers anything resembling "yes" or refuses to answer then he & Ayton go on immediate indefinite suspension. What other route is even remotely acceptable to anyone involved at Arizona?

Whatever ones opinion might be about paying players there is no grey area right now, it's not allowed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Will get tarred and feathered for this post but whatever. If people do not understand why the talent level has fallen off a cliff at UConn they’re either blissfully naive or the ultimate homers. Herbst pushed Calhoun out for a reason. College sports is a ‘you get what you pay for’ world and Uconn ain’t paying these days

I don’t disagree with you, we might look back in hindsight and realize KO saved the face of the program. That being said, he likely still needs to go.

Reaction Score
ESPN spent the day yesterday moving the dialogue away from schools and towards rogue agents. Protecting their cash cow. Fox did the same. "Its an agent and family problem. Schools aren't the bad guy here". It's pathetic. Bottom line, as if being out of a P5 isnt enough penalty, we have to deal with the cash disparity too. Nobody is clean but it looks like the top of the P5 is the dirtiest.

I can see this thing whole thing going the way of the UNC investigation. The NCAA will claim they have no control over agents and the schools and coaches skate by. Maybe they pass some legislation restricting contact with agents and it's back to business as usual.

Reaction Score
That was a bizarre thread to read yesterday, people acting like there is nothing to see here. This isn't the little weasel Emmert, this is the Feds.
I I said that yesterday and people disagreed. Or made comments about the FBI. Ask Sean what he thinks.

Reaction Score
Where college hoops has gone.......Miller still get paid over $10m buyout even if is is fired for cause.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom