Sean Miller is done | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sean Miller is done

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Hope Arizona doesn't wan Hurley.
Could you imagine the Hurley boys at Zona and ASU? Walton already needs to change his shorts.

But f’real can we hire Sean Miller? Kinda like finding out your buddy’s girl was secretly doing crazy sex stuff behind his back and you’re thinking “damn that’s messed up of her...maybe I have a shot?”

Reaction Score
Maybe Ollie was on to something with our schedule. Think about if we can get zona,Michigan State, auburn (you know pearl is coming up), Arkansas(sec just on principal), nova, Wichita state, and cuse to be forfeited with rpi weight considerations, we all of a sudden are like ranked 13th or something like that, looking at a 3 or 4 seed, ollie is not in the hot seat and recruiting is on all cylinders which it very well may be with a morally driven coach caught in a storm of bad circumstances all around him. UConn with a bad record doesn’t look too bad right now, and a coach who is clean looks good to some 4 &5 star parents as well. Gotta have grades take the stairs, and all ten of those toes in though. But you knew that already cuz you’re all die hard fans!!!!
We're currently under NCAA investigation.

Reaction Score
Bilas at halftime of the MAC game said he needs to see a second set of books - one ledger isn’t evidence.

Ok - how about a ledger AND a wiretap... and that is just for starters, Mr. Bilas.

Frankly, Jay Bilas and anyone else who tries to pooh pooh this or downplay it before all of the facts and wiretaps are released better be extremely careful. There is a lot more to come, and even his sacred cow former coach Coach K is at least involved at an arm's length level. They all are. And there will be a whole lot of retractions for anyone who stands up now and says they "know" that coach so-and-so could never be involved.

This really could be the end of college basketball as we know it.

Colin Cowherd was talking about this aspect of the story today. He said he has credible NBA sources who tell him that the NBA turning the D-League into the G-League (getting Gatorade to be the major sponsor) was just the beginning. Adam Silver and the NBA brass are done with the crooked NCAA. The NBA is angry that players in the league are directly connected to this. Cowherd said the NBA will be starting a sports academy that will be announced "within the next 12 months". The academy, along with the G-League, will serve as the incubators to bring basketball prodigies along once they are identified to have NBA-level potential.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ok - how about a ledger AND a wiretap... and that is just for starters, Mr. Bilas.

Frankly, Jay Bilas and anyone else who tries to pooh pooh this or downplay it before all of the facts and wiretaps are released better be extremely careful. There is a lot more to come, and even his sacred cow former coach Coach K is at least involved at an arm's length level. They all are. And there will be a whole lot of retractions for anyone who stands up now and says they "know" that coach so-and-so could never be involved.

This really could be the end of college basketball as we know it.

Colin Cowherd was talking about this aspect of the story today. He said he has credible NBA sources who tell him that the NBA turning the D-League into the G-League (getting Gatorade to be the major sponsor) was just the beginning. Adam Silver and the NBA brass are done with the crooked NCAA. The NBA is angry that players in the league are directly connected to this. Cowherd said the NBA will be starting a sports academy that will be announced "within the next 12 months". The academy, along with the G-League, will serve as the incubators to bring basketball prodigies along once they are identified to have NBA-level potential.

Bilas is a moran

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Bilas is such a tool he’s been tweeting about Free Shoe U tonight.

Reaction Score
The big question is, what actual laws are being broken?? OK, tax fraud by th player receiving the money and obvously not paying any taxes on it. What other laws??

Reaction Score
They even gonna be able to field 64 teams this year for the tournament?

There is an ego with the FBI. No coincidence the leaks are happening now. Probably be more reporting in the coming days and weeks. As for post season bans this year...the FBI has the wire taps. ESPN/media doesn't have these wire taps to give out. They have sourced information. The NCAA doesn't have those wire taps so from that perspective you really can't put in a post season ban without that info (on such short notice). The wire taps are attached to trials. So there will be a black cloud over the tourney. Right now we have sourced information that journalists have.

Not saying there won't be 1 or 2 potential bans but nothing to major in my opinion at this point. The focus will be more on players and how the schools conduct business internally.

Reaction Score
There is an ego with the FBI. No coincidence the leaks are happening now. Probably be more reporting in the coming days and weeks. As for post season bans this year...the FBI has the wire taps. ESPN/media doesn't have these wire taps to give out. They have sourced information. The NCAA doesn't have those wire taps so from that perspective you really can't put in a post season ban without that info (on such short notice). The wire taps are attached to trials. So there will be a black cloud over the tourney. Right now we have sourced information that journalists have.

Not saying there won't be 1 or 2 potential bans but nothing to major in my opinion at this point. The focus will be more on players and how the schools conduct business internally.

AZ would be wise to self ban right now.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
33D2F71F-0E1B-416F-B1EE-EB950BDCE838.png

Bilas so far gone on “but football” he’s going after coworkers.

I’ve been pretendin the coaches aren’t all scumbags forever. I gotta go to work.

Reaction Score
View attachment 28843

Bilas so far gone on “but football” he’s going after coworkers.

I’ve been pretendin the coaches aren’t all scumbags forever. I gotta go to work.
Bilas is right but he sounds like a schmuck going this route while all of this is happening.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Bilas is right but he sounds like a schmuck going this route while all of this is happening.

If Bilas was ‘right’ he wouldn’t have played stupid on the topic for his entire television career.

Reaction Score
If Bilas was ‘right’ he wouldn’t have played stupid on the topic for his entire television career.
Right about football being every bit as bad as basketball.

Reaction Score
Right now I’d say give me K’s head on a platter and I’ll be willing to let Roy & Squid walk unscathed.

I am unsure how anyone detects much difference between these three, with the exception of counting Nats. All three are major crybabies. All three plead innocent when anyone suggest some violation. All three have been allowed to continue coaching when there is evidence of malfeasance. The only big difference I see, again excluding Nats, is that K has sleepovers with Dickie V.

Reaction Score
What the kicker for Arizona’s president if Miller gets indicted?

Considering it's Arizona with it's 90% acceptance rate, probably a raise. What I'm saying is, it's less academic institution and more a young adult sleep-away camp in Tucson.

Reaction Score
Sean MIller and AZ will get the hammer and be made an example by the NCAA, the rest of the coaches: Ratface, Roy, the Squid will get stern warnings via email from the NCAA.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I would rather see Roy go down, his puppy dog act is annoying
I'm really surprised by people's hatred on here for Roy Williams.
I find him very respectable, and seems to do things the right way. He doesn't recruit the same way as Duke, Arizona or Kentucky, but still competes at their level.

But if news comes out he offered money to like, Tony Bradley, then I'll stop talking.

But I think all of your hate should be more directed towards the NCAA and UNC administration than Roy Williams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom