Score Predictions: vs Baylor and Sims scoring | The Boneyard

Score Predictions: vs Baylor and Sims scoring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sims scores 30 or 33? Are we getting a transfer from Sister Mary Theresa's School for the Blind to guard her?

Uconn 79, Baylor 59. Sims with 22.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
yeah, I just can't see Baylor breaking 60, nor holding UConn under 70+, so, UConn 76, Baylor 55. Sims with 26.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConn 80 Baylor 57 Sims will struggle to get 22 pts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Geno always says that the other team's best scorer will get hers; the team's job is to stop the others from scoring. Is Baylor any good on defense? I don't know. So here goes: UConn 72, Baylor 62. Shades of the first half against ND in the semifinal!

Sims 20.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ok, call me crazy. I hope Morgan is available. Looking at Saturday's game, I'm concerned about the worst case scenario: Morgan out, Stef and Stewie in foul trouble, our shots not dropping, bad officiating, and Sims on fire. In that case, it could be 70-65 with either team winning. Odyssey will get 40, half of them on FTs.

Because it's a team game, I think we exploit the rest of Baylor and win 75-60. But foul trouble will be the key. If officiating is bad, look for Geno to get a T. We'll need someone to channel her inner Kelly Faris and slow Sims down. She MAY be the best player we have faced in years. Fortunately, I think we can slack off the other players and give her extra defensive attention. But in terms of penetrating and shooting, I think she's better than Cappie.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
70-65?

OK, you're crazy!
"So, we just posted, our "ifs" and "may-bees", so, here's my number, so, call me crazy!"
"My post is so bad, my post is so, so, bad, my score is so bad, my score is so, so bad!"

Weird Al is not losing any sleep over this tonight.

Reaction Score
82-58. Sims might go off for 25 or so, but she hasn't been guarded by the likes of MoJet or Bria this year, nor driven to the hoop guarded by the beast which is any combination of Stef/Stewie/Kiah...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ok, call me crazy. I hope Morgan is available. Looking at Saturday's game, I'm concerned about the worst case scenario: Morgan out, Stef and Stewie in foul trouble, our shots not dropping, bad officiating, and Sims on fire. In that case, it could be 70-65 with either team winning. Odyssey will get 40, half of them on FTs.

Because it's a team game, I think we exploit the rest of Baylor and win 75-60. But foul trouble will be the key. If officiating is bad, look for Geno to get a T. We'll need someone to channel her inner Kelly Faris and slow Sims down. She MAY be the best player we have faced in years. Fortunately, I think we can slack off the other players and give her extra defensive attention. But in terms of penetrating and shooting, I think she's better than Cappie.

I believe you were facing similar fears before the duke game. What happened? Uconn won by over 20. 2 years ago in Waco, Uconn didn't have stewie or mojeff , kaleena was a freshman, and stef wasn't as good as she is now. With uconn and Baylor involved, you can guarantee at least halfway decent officiating. Stewie plays her best in big games. Sims can score as many points as she wants, but I'm not sure anyone else can put numbers over 15+ for Baylor, which is what they'll need to compete with Uconn's high powered offense and aggressive defense. So, sit back, relax and enjoy a solid top 10 matchup! :)

Reaction Score
Uconn wins 78-62. Sims scores 30.
And, all of the Pixie Dust settled, and Uconn is in a battle for life..........I will take any win, even 1 point. You are playing in Waco, as in Texas. Sims does not foul in Texas, she runs over people......I will be happy if all of your predictions are right. :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Baylor has only 1 loss this year, but they've only played one ranked team. They lost to Kentucky in triple OT. However, Kentucky has been shown to be a pretty average team after getting smacked around by Florida and South Carolina.

UCONN 78
Baylor 50

Simms with 25 - but mainly because she will launch about 40 shots.

UCONN has no one that can "match up" with Simms. I'm sure Geno will try many different combos on her. I actually can see Hartley, Banks, and Chong sharing duties guarding her. Maybe even Jefferson who I think is probably quicker than Simms.

But after that, the only consistent scoring threat for Baylor is Nina Davis. She's a forward. And only 5'11". Good luck trying to match up with Stewie. Sune Abuke - she's 6'4" and averages about 7 PPG. Good luck trying to match up with Stef. Niya Johnson? 5'8" guard? Good luck on Bria or Moriah... Mackenzie Robertson - Their other guard at 5'9" - good luck trying to stop KML...

Baylor has Simms and that's about it. . Prince has only played 4 games this year and in those 4 games is averaging 6 PPG. Even if she's available, will she suddenly find her shooting touch against UCONN?

I think Duke is a much better team than Baylor and UCONN demolished them by 22. I have a hard time seeing how Baylor can keep this game to under a 30 point loss. I'm not sure why everyone is so concerned about this game. I was way more "worried" about Duke (and that's not saying much as I was pretty confident we'd beat them) than I am about Baylor.

No offense to ETT, but I never thought Baylor was a top 10 team this year. I put them about the same level as PSU and think they are a solid top 15-20 team...

Last edited:

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
And, all of the Pixie Dust settled, and Uconn is in a battle for life.....I will take any win, even 1 point. You are playing in Waco, as in Texas. Sims does not foul in Texas, she runs over people.I will be happy if all of your predictions are right. :)
Way to go out on a limb there, herbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr