Score Predictions: vs Baylor and Sims scoring | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Score Predictions: vs Baylor and Sims scoring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sims has guaranteed that it won't be a blowout and said that they had something special in store for UConn. She plays with a high degree of ferocity, so UConn 80- Baylor 64, OS with 35.

Easier said than done. I believe Alyssa Thomas and Chelsea Gray said similar things before their games vs UCONN

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Okay, so it won't be a "blow-out" (according to OS). So UConn may only win by 20. You can talk the talk but can you walk... well, you know the rest. :)

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Do you think Baylor is scared sh1tless of Stewart, KML, Bria, MoJet and Dolson??

Reaction Score
Do you think Baylor is scared sh1tless of Stewart, KML, Bria, MoJet and Dolson??

Well, if I were OS, I sure wouldn't reveal my true feelings about a game to my entire fan base. :D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
LOL sorry about that - did not mean to steal your thunder. I'm sure your analysis will be more in depth. But I was looking at all the 10-15 point predictions and was like "huh"? Someone even predicted a 7 point win? Maybe if we were playing ND. I just don't see anyone else in the nation who comes within 10 of UCONN - except maybe ND, and even then, I'd be predicting a 15 point win.

Baylor to me is a bit like Stanford - one fantastical player (Simms/Ogwumike), and a bunch of mostly role players (excepting Orrange and Davis). It would be like UCONN having Stewie on the court along with Michala Johnson, Lauren Engeln, Brianna Banks and Saniya Chong. Those other 4 are good and certainly deserving of playing on an elite Div 1 basketball team, but right now, they are really just solid role players (and I don't mean that as a criticism of them - they just aren't super stars).

But UCONN has Dolson and Hartley and KML and Jefferson. Holy smokes - there's not a team out there (possibly ever) with the amalgamation of talent we have. And they think Baylor will keep the score to under 15? Maybe I'm smokin something blue and funny, but I just don't see it...

Walter and Jesse are dead! Where are you getting that blue stuff you're smoking?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Back atcha re: Breanna Stewart.

I haven't said anything about Stewart's numbers against Baylor. I suspect that she will score many more points than last year, just as Sims will do.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Sims has guaranteed that it won't be a blowout and said that they had something special in store for UConn. She plays with a high degree of ferocity, so UConn 80- Baylor 64, OS with 35.

Is Kim gonna lace 'em up?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Define "blowout."

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Uconn 76 Baylor 57--- and the game is almost never in doubt after the 10-12 minute mark. Sims 23.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I've really given this some thought.

Although I think UCONN will give Sims and her fellow seniors their first home loss, I'm thinking it will be close!

Why?? Sims will do her best to will Baylor to a victory! By scoring, facilitating, or with her defense. She can be a terror on ball defender. Baylor is at home. Home court advantage can't be overlooked. If Hartley/MoJeff/Banks don't move their feet and slap at Sims as she tries to penetrate the paint, foul trouble will follow!

If we keep Sims in check but her teammates hit shots with her feeding them, again, a close game.

It's gonna be a good one I think!

I think Sims gets 30 but UCONN gets the victory in a close one 72-63!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I've really given this some thought.

Although I think UCONN will give Sims and her fellow seniors their first home loss, I'm thinking it will be close!

Why?? Sims will do her best to will Baylor to a victory! By scoring, facilitating, or with her defense. She can be a terror on ball defender. Baylor is at home. Home court advantage can't be overlooked. If Hartley/MoJeff/Banks don't move their feet and slap at Sims as she tries to penetrate the paint, foul trouble will follow!

If we keep Sims in check but her teammates hit shots with her feeding them, again, a close game.

It's gonna be a good one I think!

I think Sims gets 30 but UCONN gets the victory in a close one 72-63!

Just a few questions.

1. Who guards Stewart?
2. Who guards KML?
3. How many Uconn players can Sims guard?
4. Do you think Uconn will leave the other players open?
5. How many points are you giving for home court?
6. Has this Baylor team seen anything close to a good team besides an overrated Kentucky team?

Reaction Score
UConn 77, Baylor 70, Sims 33.
I think you're suggesting that UConn has forgotten how to play defense. I can't even imagine the Huskies giving up close to 70 points to anyone with the POSSIBLE exception of Notre Dame and I think that would be with significant odds of even the Irish doing that. How many weapons does Baylor have? Who has Baylor played that is any good defensively???? Not a chance for them scoring 70 points IMHO.

Reaction Score
@Buzzyboy: I have to laugh that I'm now being castigated for not predicting "big enough" UConn victories. I recommend chicken wings and Rolling Rock, for mojo. To the point: Completing a defensive possession includes securing a defensive rebound. Giving up offensive rebounds on more than 30% of the possible chances, which the Huskies have done routinely this year, even against utterly outmatched opponents like Houston, is not good defense in the sense of completing defensive possessions. Outside the Temple game, this number has been steadily getting worse as the season has progressed. They've been fortunate that the UCFs and Houstons don't have the talent to take advantage of that weakness. Baylor IMO does. Are you even aware of these numbers? Or the significance of an OR allowed stat of over 30%?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
@Buzzyboy: I have to laugh that I'm now being castigated for not predicting "big enough" UConn victories. I recommend chicken wings and Rolling Rock, for mojo. To the point: Completing a defensive possession includes securing a defensive rebound. Giving up offensive rebounds on more than 30% of the possible chances, which the Huskies have done routinely this year, even against utterly outmatched opponents like Houston, is not good defense in the sense of completing defensive possessions. Outside the Temple game, this number has been steadily getting worse as the season has progressed. They've been fortunate that the UCFs and Houstons don't have the talent to take advantage of that weakness. Baylor IMO does. Are you even aware of these numbers? Or the significance of an OR allowed stat of over 30%?
The women are shooting 50.5% so there aren't a lot of offensive rebounds to be had.

Shots - 1086
Shots made - 548
O rebounds - 212

So 760 (70%) of the shots are either made baskets or O rebounds. Sounds OK to me.

Reaction Score
The women are shooting 50.5% so there aren't a lot of offensive rebounds to be had.

Shots - 1086
Shots made - 548
O rebounds - 212

So 760 (70%) of the shots are either made baskets or O rebounds. Sounds OK to me.
Rocky is talking about when other team shoots. He makes an interesting point although this hasn't kept us from blowing out teams much better than Baylor.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Rocky is talking about when other team shoots. He makes an interesting point although this hasn't kept us from blowing out teams much better than Baylor.
Oops - I claim coffee deficit!

UConn is ranked 16th in rebounding margin after playing 5 ranked teams including the #3, #4, and #6 ranked teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom